Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
    What if I tell you I was the one who contacted and dealt with their help desk and waited 3+ day for a close to "decent" response?
    Still faster than WHMCS then

Most of our gripes with WHMCS support is from them releasing things that breaks the software, We don't even use many features from within WHMCS but we still have issues with it.
    Last edited by Server Management; 04-04-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    Am not bashing the bush but if your interest just buy the product like everyone else is, If things cannot be that bad and if it was people would be here screaming the bandwidth down, Fact is at present its likely more stable than WHMCS.
    That's nice, but my left foot is more stable than WHMCS at the moment. What about tomorrow? Next week? Next year?

If they answer your pre-sales or not but they did answer mine so not everything is bad but then again when am about to fire $2,000 in their pocket they likely will reply and that only pre-sale was about custom development not amateur questions if they support promotional codes or not.
    Since there are no pre-sales contacts on the site, the answer is "no".

But tell me, what makes a question "amateur"? Is it because it's about something that's used every day, or because it's about one of the many topics not addressed on their site?

I find it amusing that you're suddenly descending into insults only a few days after buying Hostbill yourself. There's no need for that.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    That's nice, but my left foot is more stable than WHMCS at the moment. What about tomorrow? Next week? Next year?
    Well considering cPanel could well have a 51% share in WHMCS that effectively makes WHMCS cPanel owned if they have the 51% share but judging by everything changing it's more than likely they do the 51% so anyone running cPanel & WHMCS is leasing the same licenses from virtually the same company/shareholder, WHMCS will likely become cPanel orientated over the next few years since cPanel will want this.

Since there are no pre-sales contacts on the site, the answer is "no".

But tell me, what makes a question "amateur"? Is it because it's about something that's used every day, or because it's about one of the many topics not addressed on their site?

I find it amusing that you're suddenly descending into insults only a few days after buying Hostbill yourself. There's no need for that.
    Asking them if they support promotional codes when it's clearly listed on their website is pretty amateurish which would tell anyone you haven't looked at the product or site deep enough firstly hence you never got a response, Their not going to waste time on people who don't take the time to look at the product or site in detail firstly.

Their's afew small DC's that are using WHMCS and that's what Hostbill wants firms that will hand over $2,000 to get the foot in the door then maybe another $2,000 12 months later for some custom development.
      0 Not allowed!

Well considering cPanel could well have a 51% share in WHMCS that effectively makes WHMCS cPanel owned if they have the 51% share but judging by everything changing it's more than likely they do the 51% so anyone running cPanel & WHMCS is leasing the same licenses from virtually the same company/shareholder, WHMCS will likely become cPanel orientated over the next few years since cPanel will want this.
    It's going to be interesting to see how the merger shakes out over the next few years. There's something to be said about having a unified, all-in-one experience for the customer.

Asking them if they support promotional codes when it's clearly listed on their website is pretty amateurish which would tell anyone you haven't looked at the product or site deep enough firstly hence you never got a response, Their not going to waste time on people who don't take the time to look at the product or site in detail firstly.
    First, you can't call other people "amateur" when your post is filled with spelling mistakes and poor grammar.

Second, if Hostbill considers "buried in their documentation somewhere far away from the sales information" to be "clearly listed", then I'm pretty sure they aren't worth the $600 asking price -- let alone the potential for a few thousand. And of course, you're zeroing in one one single point of mine and completely ignoring all the other questions I asked.

I think it's pretty funny that we've been complaining about Hostbill's staunch anti-new-customer behavior, and the answers you're posting ("they don't want your business") completely exemplify that mentality.

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase, but that doesn't make our complaints any less valid.
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
    What if I tell you I was the one who contacted and dealt with their help desk and waited 3+ day for a close to "decent" response?
    Three days is nothing. We STILL don't have any response to our pre-sales questions!

On the other hand, WHMCS's response times seem to be slowly improving.
      0 Not allowed!

First, you can't call other people "amateur" when your post is filled with spelling mistakes and poor grammar.

Second, if Hostbill considers "buried in their documentation somewhere far away from the sales information" to be "clearly listed"
    Pulling the old spelling chestnut, It's a hosting forum not an English degree forum, Don't have time to pre-type into Word then post like some people

It took me 5-10minutes to pull out the links for "some" of your questions did you even take the time to watch the SolusVM module videos?
      0 Not allowed!

First, you can't call other people "amateur" when your post is filled with spelling mistakes and poor grammar..
    Let's not make this personal, ok? Not everyone types perfectly, so that's not a valid complaint in a forum.
    Don't have time to pre-type into Word then post like some people
    Some browsers have built in spell check, otherwise I'd be right there with you most of the time. I'm not a great typist either.

Back to Hostbill!
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Let's not make this personal, ok?
    That's what I was thinking when the "amateur" commentary started.

Anyway, I'm finished. I think the conversation has degenerated into one person feverishly countering anything anyone else has to say about his preferred billing package.
      0 Not allowed!

As for the amateur comment, I have for years intentionally asked questions that were answered on a companies website when doing pre sale research.
    The type of reply I get to something that is obviously answered on the main page of their site dictates the tone and quality of support I will get when I am running in production and MY customers are relying on me for support...
    Hostbill was one of the worst support depts I have encountered in my 10+ years in the business!
    Nexxterra.com Web Services
    MassiveServers.com
    Web Hosting, Dedicated servers and Domain Registration - Miami, Florida, USA
    BuyAWebName.com Domain name registration
      0 Not allowed!

I dont mind paying 75 per ticket if Kris personally drives to my location and sits me down with a cup of tea to explain my situation. All of this should be accompanied by a sorry card for the waiting period he takes to get to me btw.
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room
      0 Not allowed!

On the other hand, WHMCS's response times seem to be slowly improving.
    Is it? We're on 72 hours without a response on one ticket, 96 on another. I'm fairly positive cPanel's team has all but given up and is now letting things rot.

I'm not the sort to shout 'This is costing me thousands of dollars!', but this time around it is. Again, anyone using WHMCS is playing a fool's game no matter the cost. They will leave you high & dry, and, considering the system is closed source & outputting errors that have no verbosity means you're **** out of luck when things break.

I'd happily pay $75 for a competent response to my ticket(s), hell, any response would be nice at this point. I've complained about WHMCS prior but this takes the cake. cPanel's goal is either to drive WHMCS into the ground, take a **** on it & light it on fire -- or let it rot. They're doing both simultaneously from what I can garner.
    Last edited by David; 04-13-2013 at 03:25 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Wink

2 weeks ago I checked for a Cloudstack billing solution , after some google search I found Hostbill , checked the functionality/video/screenshots/features list and really impressed so choosed to buy it soon for our billing solution , since then I checked the website more and look at rack/ip plugins and the pricing options ( which one would be the best for us ) , support options, registered in the forum to checked if the product delivered/bugs. I'm afraid enough that I don't know If I will buy the product . Last week(up to monday) the available price was 499branded/599unbraded/999bundle , so friday during my spare time I go back to hostbill website and I was ready to buy the product and the 599$ was gone ! Only 995$ bundle was available !? Ok they choose to sell only the biggest version no problem the product look
    like what we want , BUT after checking the forum "Presales Questions" there is some post about problems with cloudstack plugin and hours/usage billing and also about people complaining that they paid for ticket and not receiving help. SO today I go back to hostbill forum and the Presales questions is now GONE ! but the 599$ is now available.

So after thinking and re-thinking about it I think than when we buy a software we are also buying the mentality of the developpers and its origin , I found than there is some place that simply dont fit with america mentality about business minding , america learned than customers is the only thing that count and they also learn to talked with people/customers and become partners , some other place in the world learn to cry and push their mentality and closed themself when someone try to have a discussion.
      0 Not allowed!

Good for you . If this goes on many will be selling their license here
      0 Not allowed!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vkeven View Post
    2 weeks ago I checked for a Cloudstack billing solution , after some google search I found Hostbill , checked the functionality/video/screenshots/features list and really impressed so choosed to buy it soon for our billing solution , since then I checked the website more and look at rack/ip plugins and the pricing options ( which one would be the best for us ) , support options, registered in the forum to checked if the product delivered/bugs. I'm afraid enough that I don't know If I will buy the product .
    LMAO! I have this vision of Geena Davis saying, "Be afraid. Be very afraid."

Quote Originally Posted by vkeven View Post
    Last week(up to monday) the available price was 499branded/599unbraded/999bundle , so friday during my spare time I go back to hostbill website and I was ready to buy the product and the 599$ was gone ! Only 995$ bundle was available !? Ok they choose to sell only the biggest version no problem the product look
    like what we want , BUT after checking the forum "Presales Questions" there is some post about problems with cloudstack plugin and hours/usage billing and also about people complaining that they paid for ticket and not receiving help. SO today I go back to hostbill forum and the Presales questions is now GONE ! but the 599$ is now available.

So after thinking and re-thinking about it I think than when we buy a software we are also buying the mentality of the developpers and its origin
    Follow your instincts. I can't say we've been happy at all with the developer or his juvenile, erratic behavior. We're afraid everytime there's an update to the product that he's going to introduce more breakages - some folks even speculate he does this on purpose to squeeze money from licensees.

There are problems with the CloudStack module. We haven't migrated hostbill to use the new Cloudstack 4.x verions because we're afraid it will be completely broken.

Other's have started threads in the forum asking those same questions about the CloudStack module, and I think all of us are waiting for one of the others to blink before we take this plunge.

Since WHMCS was a major part of this threads wanderings, I would like to point out that there is no sandbox version of HostBill - you have to simply take your chances, which is contrary to sane systems administration and development principles.

Sure, you could buy two copies at the full price, and use one for development and staging/testing, but that is utterly ridiculous. When we asked kbkp software about this, they gave us an emphatic NO! Buy another copy or do without! There are no development version licenses!" (paraphrased, of course).

WHMCS, on the ohter hand, actually boasts the fact that when you buy a license you get a development copy to work with too.
    Bradley D. Thornton - http://NorthTech.US - Registered Linux User #190795

- "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.
      0 Not allowed!

My some previous posts had removed because of I said some bad things about these automation softwares. But I did not say these to advertise. There is a real thing and you saw it's a result now.

People get some security and financial risks by using these automation softwares. Because you store everyting in a database that accessable on Web(it can be stolen by many reasons). And regularly updating of these softwares are required by paying it's cost(even if the price got many increase like this situation).
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)
      0 Not allowed!

I was considering hostbill, from 21 may, then in 25 may they changed everything, removed all nice features that i was looking for, now they change same price for crippled version, and if i want the features again i must pay $3,597.35 over the license!!!!

I was too late, if will return to old version i will buy it (besides still overpriced).
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CBlade View Post
    I was considering hostbill, from 21 may, then in 25 may they changed everything, removed all nice features that i was looking for, now they change same price for crippled version, and if i want the features again i must pay $3,597.35 over the license!!!!

I was too late, if will return to old version i will buy it (besides still overpriced).
    They didn't remove any features and aren't selling a crippled version? They've only been selling the unbranded and special offer packages for the past few months AFAIK.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bhavicp View Post
    They didn't remove any features and aren't selling a crippled version? They've only been selling the unbranded and special offer packages for the past few months AFAIK.
    Someone was genuinely asking about this in another thread and a mod closed it. The OP wasn't complaining and i believe was truly trying to understand what was included as it's caused confusion. Since it was closed i can answer this here.

https://hostbillapp.com/clientarea/?/software_store/

80% of what was once included no longer is. It's a step in the right direction if it means stability but it has caused confusion.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bhavicp View Post
    This is not correct, they removed like 80%, read the extra page and do a checkout to see.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by veedub View Post
    It's a step in the right direction if it means stability
    I fail to see how raising the price exponentially then selling off the formerly included components ala carte suggests stability is even being considered?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CBlade View Post
    This is not correct, they removed like 80%, read the extra page and do a checkout to see.
    Sorry, i had a quick look and they didn't mention anything like that, so i assumed it was still like before
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    I fail to see how raising the price exponentially then selling off the formerly included components ala carte suggests stability is even being considered?
    Because for us existing customers it shows that instead of raising the price of the software up and down and constantly changing it, they'll simply create a store to make additional money off of "premium" products. The additional revenue stream is what i'm guessing they're wanting, so if that's what it takes ensure existing customers they're here for awhile then so be it.
    It shows development and a move to a direction that is a revenue source. So for customers it shows a possible change in business. Nevertheless, we're heavily considering moving to Paul's software.

They are still the worst of the worst and i DO NOT recommend them
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by veedub View Post
    Because for us existing customers it shows that instead of raising the price of the software up and down and constantly changing it, they'll simply create a store to make additional money off of "premium" products. The additional revenue stream is what i'm guessing they're wanting, so if that's what it takes ensure existing customers they're here for awhile then so be it.
    It shows development and a move to a direction that is a revenue source. So for customers it shows a possible change in business. Nevertheless, we're heavily considering moving to Paul's software.

They are still the worst of the worst and i DO NOT recommend them
    I don't think so, I think it's another way to make money.

Anyway can't we just ban the name HostBill lol
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ************ View Post
    I don't think so, I think it's another way to make money.

Anyway can't we just ban the name HostBill lol
    WHT can do what Hostbill does. $75 to open a thread about hostbill and it goes to the WHT staff and volunteers at the end of the month

Might be more profitable than the entire advertising section at this rate.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    WHT can do what Hostbill does. $75 to open a thread about hostbill and it goes to the WHT staff and volunteers at the end of the month

Might be more profitable than the entire advertising section at this rate.
    +1 to that, might as-well we're like a support forum for them, and they don't want to help us either.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast