Exclamation Domain Transfer Problem

Has anyone ever had a problem doing a domain transfer? I registered 16 domains with ev1servers.net a few months ago and want to move 13 of them to buydomains.com. However, it seems anytime I try... I get the following error.

* 6 domain(s) cannot be transferred.

They are all past the 60 days and all have my current name, address, phone number, billing info, ect...

Has anyone ever had a problem with ev1servers.com not wanting to let something go?
    Last edited by Atlantis Services; 01-29-2005 at 11:02 PM.
    Since April 2001 Atlantis Services - Proudly servicing everyone's web hosting needs!
    Quote: There is no such thing as "The Best" web hosting provider, but rather only what is best for YOU

This probably belongs in the domain forum. Anyhooo...

Make sure the domains aren't locked, they aren't .org's or something that requires special means to do so.

I have transferred a couple of domains from EV1 and several domains from other TUCOWS resellers without a hitch. TUCOWS and eNom resellers have been very smooth for me.
    Figly Media
    Plesk 9.2.1 Shared Linux Hosting
    PHP 5.2.9, MySQL, PostgreSQL & more!
    http://www.figly.com

Originally posted by Southernman
    This probably belongs in the domain forum. Anyhooo...

Make sure the domains aren't locked, they aren't .org's or something that requires special means to do so.
    No the .org's can do it easy (all 7 of them). It's the 4 .net's & 2 .com's that seem to be having a problem.
    Since April 2001 Atlantis Services - Proudly servicing everyone's web hosting needs!
    Quote: There is no such thing as "The Best" web hosting provider, but rather only what is best for YOU

The .com and .net registry has been very flaky recently. Failed whois searches and all sorts of funny stuff. Of course it could just be me. I'm curious though, why are you moving to buydomains.com?

Originally posted by Atlantis Services
    No the .org's can do it easy (all 7 of them). It's the 4 .net's & 2 .com's that seem to be having a problem.
    I am pretty certain the snag isn't a fault of EV1.

Did you contact EV1's support department, or come straight here to broadcast the problem you are having?

I am pretty certain the snag isn't a fault of EV1.

Did you contact EV1's support department, or come straight here to broadcast the problem you are having?
    I tried to call up their office to speak with someone live & was told there is no phone support for registered domains. Got in contact with there live chat & was told the only support that was offered was through an e-mail box. I sent 1 e-mail and it came back to me, saying they could not reach the e-mail box. Sent it again and am waiting for a reply now. Tried to call up again, but their office is closed until Monday.

I just changed my mind & have decided to go with GoDaddy.com (first time using them). The reason why I wanted away from ev1 was because they do not offer domain forwarding & I've used buydomains.com in the past (only used ev1 this time, because it was cheaper).

All my domains seem to be fine now, as I didn't get any error moving them to GoDaddy, but now they say I need a code for my .org's and I guess I'll have to contact Ev1 for that. *sigh*

All my domains seem to be fine now, as I didn't get any error moving them to GoDaddy, but now they say I need a code for my .org's and I guess I'll have to contact Ev1 for that. *sigh*
    You should find the "authorization code" for the .org's in your EV1 domain control panel.

You will have to look at those domains individually to find it... it'll likely be toward the bottom of the pages.

Obviously the snag wasn't with EV1 at the start, but was due to something amis at buydomains.

Glad you've got it going your way though.

You should find the "authorization code" for the .org's in your EV1 domain control panel.

You will have to look at those domains individually to find it... it'll likely be toward the bottom of the pages.

Obviously the snag wasn't with EV1 at the start, but was due to something amis at buydomains.

Glad you've got it going your way though.
    They've still got to make that more easy to do. I had to log in, click list domains, click the domain, click domain extras, copy the code, then go back to list domains, and do that 7x. Phone support to explain all this, would have also help. lol

Dumb question, why do you need a code for .org's?

Arrow Not dumb

If you are transferring a .biz, .info or .org extension, you will be asked (by any registrar) to provide an authorization code. This is simply because the registries for those specific domain extensions require this as a means to provide an extra layer of protection against unauthorized transfers.

Re: Not dumb

If you are transferring a .biz, .info or .org extension, you will be asked (by any registrar) to provide an authorization code. This is simply because the registries for those specific domain extensions require this as a means to provide an extra layer of protection against unauthorized transfers.
    It's still a pain. I entered in all the codes for them & they all comes back as invalid. So I reentered them and now they all read the same, except for 1 of them.

12 domains = Pending Current Registrar Approval

1 domain = Pending Modification

I also noticed I didn't get the promo price they offered (3.99 or 7.99 was the promo). They charged me 15.90 for each. *shrugs* No big deal I guess.
    Last edited by Atlantis Services; 01-30-2005 at 01:05 AM.

Re: Re: Not dumb

It's still a pain.
    An ounce of prevention... you know the rest.

If you ever (God Speed) have a domain hi-jacked, you'll be looking for more ways to make the process more difficult.

As for the difference your being charged, from what was advertised, double check that all the "requirements" are there. If so, they'll easily be able to correct the charges.

Chances are the amount of your transaction is a "pre authorization amount" and not the actual charges, the actual charge could be 24 hours to several days later.

I just looked at the site and what it says is:

"Get a new domain name, transfer or renewal for only $3.99* with each and every new non-domain product you buy!"

If you had ordered 13 "new NON-DOMAIN products" - then you could have gotten that advertised pricing.

Wording is soooooooo critical! Just ask Bill Clinton! hehe

I just looked at the site and what it says is:

"Get a new domain name, transfer or renewal for only $3.99* with each and every new non-domain product you buy!"

If you had ordered 13 "new NON-DOMAIN products" - then you could have gotten that advertised pricing.

Wording is soooooooo critical! Just ask Bill Clinton! hehe
    Still should have gotten the 7.99 price.

^^^^^^^ Yes sir, you should have.

There's a caring Transfer Concierge available to you personally 24/7

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/trans...rge.asp?se=%2B

^^^^^^^ Yes sir, you should have.

There's a caring Transfer Concierge available to you personally 24/7

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/trans...rge.asp?se=%2B
    Nope it was my error about the price. Godaddy did good. It's 7.99 (+0.25) for the transfer & with that transfer fee, you get 1yr. I wasn't fully thinking and thought the transfer was free & you'd pay for the 1yr. So turns out I got my free year, plus one more.

1yr from ev1
    1yr free from godaddy
    1yr paid from godaddy

All my domains are now good for 3yrs. lol