hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : MIneCraft Hosting - Is it a good market?

Forum Jump

MIneCraft Hosting - Is it a good market?

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
WHT Addict

MIneCraft Hosting - Is it a good market?

We are about to open a minecraft hosting company.
We have done almost everything already now, Im interested if there is still money to be made. Is this a living market still?

We are running great Xenon servers, and will literally have lower prices then any other host we have checked.
We know what were doing, and have been running servers and been with minecraft since it started.

So is this a market worth getting into?

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

Xenon servers?

Anyways, kind of a crowded market I'd say unless you're somewhere it isn't or can offer something special. Avoid racing everbody to the bottom - no point running a business with no profits.

That said I guess if you already have the kit it can't hurt to test the water.

Old
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky81 View Post
Xenon servers?

Anyways, kind of a crowded market I'd say unless you're somewhere it isn't or can offer something special. Avoid racing everbody to the bottom - no point running a business with no profits.

That said I guess if you already have the kit it can't hurt to test the water.
I mean't Xeon
I can't believe i typed that!

Also, We have better prices then the competition.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

My experience unfortunately is a lot of difficult customers and very low margins. I would advise against it.

Old
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd View Post
My experience unfortunately is a lot of difficult customers and very low margins. I would advise against it.
What's a better market?

Old
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchasez View Post
I mean't Xeon
I can't believe i typed that!
I figured you did

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd View Post
This is what I mean about the race to the bottom ^

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
What's a better market?
Good question. I can only give this advice in public:
"If the prime concern of the user in a market is the price, then it is likely not a good market to be in"

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Besides the facts that other members have made, like oversaturated niche, I'll give you one tip from my personal experience in game publishing. The hype will be be over sooner or later. It doesn't matter how popular Minecraft is today, it will come to a point that it will no longer be interesting to consumers, so the only question you should ask yourself "How much can your earn from this right here, right now".

Managed1.com - Affordable budget Fully Managed Hosting Services for individuals and business clients. Website Hosting. Domain Name management. High Availability Cloud servers - 99.9% Uptime, Self-Healing Failover, Load Balancing and Mirrored Backups.
Whisperdale.net - Internet Service Provider since 2007!

Old
We Love Xen® Hypervisor

Provided you have good spec, minecraft hosting will kill your hardware very fast.
There many player in Minecraft hosting, you may need time to expose yourself in many game forum to build up popularity.
Otherwise, not easy for you to sustain or compete with other host.

Old
Southern Yankee

Quote:
Price isn't everything, and if you are going to start a race to the bottom, don't even get in the water.

My true feeling on your question, if you have to ask the question, you haven't done your research of the market fully.

Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter

Old
WHT Addict

Its not just that.
We can provide what the best hosters can right now, just a better prices.

Old
Web Hosting Master

It's a very low margin market. It has enormous amount of interest though.

Old
Junior Guru

As others have said a very complicated market today,
luck in your search