Anyone ever flown on an Embraer RJ145???

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...tol.750pix.jpg

Anyone ever flown on one of those?
    I am getting on one of those this Friday to fly back east, and was wondering if they are cramped, or whatnot?
    Any help?

-Jarrett

Depends on what you mean by 'cramped'. There's room in the aisle for the flight attendant and her cart but beyond that it's going to be a tad stuffy

Lovely.
    The seating chart makes the plane look small.
    Hope there is room for my laptop, that is all I really care about.
    Hehe

Thanks

Let me be honest with you, the RJ145 sucks. Esp if it is an american airlines outfitted one.

I fly to/from some small airports more than I really want to, but the RJ145 is the worst plane in these short hops. I typically set on aisle A on these small planes, well on the RJ145 you have 1/2 the legroom of the other common puddle jumper the 340A prop plane! The way the angles of the RJ145 are on the windows seats makes for very SMALL amounts of legroom.

In addition on the American Airlines version, the armrests don't budge(of course they didn't move on the 767 either). The seat itself is rather comfy and if you are of medium build a laptop is possible. I am a little hefty and tall, with the cramped legroom my knees were up way to high to use a laptop. However the flight was only 18 minutes in the air(I guess that's why they are using the RJ145's instead of the 30 minutes on a 340A).

Not enjoyable, but tolerable. However, the RJ145 is a very good plane, it is just the airlines configs that make it cramped.

Check out my fave site for flying!
    www.seatguru.com

Does that plane have one seat on one side of the isle and 2 seats on the other? I had a flight from Cleveland to Austin a few months ago on a plane like that and it was cramped and the turbulence was as bad as i had ever experienced. There was room for a laptop if you cut your legs off before you board and the seat tilted to about a 90 degree angle. Other than that it was a great flight.
    How many web hosts does it take to screw in a light bulb?

They´re really not bad, it´s not luxury or anything but i´ve never had a complaint.

ipsecure,

Yes it is a 1+2 config, as most small planes are, and on most the A(1 seat) row is the best, but not on the RJ145. If they have online checkin and the plane is NOt full I'd highly recommend a B aisle seat with no one in C, will be as good as you can get on a commercial RJ145.

RJ145 sucks. I flew on one from Hartford -> St. Louis -> Denver and it was the worst flying experience of my life. The seats are hard, small, service was ****** (they didn't even provide typical pretzels / peanuts type thing). If at all possible, I specifically avoid all RJ145s.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Well, I'm flying from here(Bakersfield), to Nashville, with a stopover in Houston.
    The carrier is Continental.
    I am in 19A(Hehe, the back), single seat side.
    I am tall(About 6'4), so, I can tell I will be in hell, unless I stick my legs in the isle.
    These are the biggest planes flying out of Bakersfield right now.
    I could've flown with United(Puddle Jumper) to SFO, then taken a Boeing 757 to Chicago, then a RJ145 to Nashville(Now I wish I would've done that)
    Well shoot.
    Thanks for the input guys!
    EDIT: Oh, and my flight is full, from here to Houston, Houston to Nashville, and all the way back =/

-Jarrett

Continental at least has decent service, even on the little prop 340A's the service is good and you get a snack and a drink(on American you are lucky to get a water and nothing else)

Just don't get stuck in terminal B at houston, its a madhouse! Terminal A where the props leave is much nicer, and the main terminal is like a mall, wonderful place.

Oh yes, try to change seats during online checkin! Seat 19A is TERRRRIBLE!!

It is STINKY STINKY right next to the bathroom.

Ahh crap! I totally forgot about the lavatory. Tell me more about the houston terminal. Are there any free hotspots? (although i have my 3g card). What is the best bar there? Hehe. Thanks

I did not find any free hotspots when I was there, but I was in the Presidents Lounge with internet access on my laptop, so I wasn't really looking.

As for bars, would not know

Ahh, Presidents Lounge.
    They have a good bar!
    Well, thanks for the 411!

-Jarrett