I've been a customer of Hosting-Unlimited for 6 months and all I can say is they are not all the cracked up to be! I was recommended them by a number of friends who have accounts with them and everything started off ok.

Their prices are resonable (who would complain at £22.95 for the year!) and there uptime is always good (99% and above) but my major problem is there support department!

All the problems started when I wanted a simply nameserver change which involves rasing a support ticket - most other hosts I know allow their clients to make the changes themselves. From start to end it took 3 days of tickets backwards and forwards to their support department arguing that changes to the namservers on my domain would show up on the Nominet WHOIS database within 5 minutes and not 24-48 hrs as I was being quoted (someone doesn't understand what propogation is!!). This continued and they then come back to me and say they can't change the namservers because Nominet are rejecting them. It turns out that they are being rejcted becasue the are not being submitted correctly by HU!

All was then fine for a couple of months until the other day when my account is suspended for a serious breach of the T&C. I recieved no notice of this suspension and after conatct with senior members of staff it turns out to be a mistake and they have no record of the suspension! Oh and I have never recieved an apology for suspending my service just because they can't do their job correctly!

Their support department falls short of what it should be - strange for a company that boasts 24hrs support and all tickets answered within 60 minutes (that doens't guarentee a resoloution with 60 minutes cause all that is done is the ticket is passed onto someone else so they meet their promise). The attitude of the senior management is something to be desired as well so all in all I would not recommened them as a host! The price doesn't reflect the after-sales service.

Has anybody else had problems with HU??