View Poll Results: What is the status of your server?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still Down

21 50.00%
  • Up but with old information

1 2.38%
  • Up but running extremely slow

10 23.81%
  • Up and Running great

10 23.81%

Hybrid View

Dinix / WHP Merger and Status

Well we are finally back up and thank God we have current and correct information. However, now we can hardly even function. WHM or Cpanel hardly runs. Everything is timing out and our Apache is screwed.

My past attempts to restart Apache has failed and now that we are up again I am scared to try again.

Have an open ticket with Dinix from a while ago but fear it will go unanswered as before......for way to long.

In my eyes, I assume wHP really holds the ball on this one. I mean at this point my sites and VPS are with WHP therefore should be handled by WHP tech support. I don't see this happening though.

The other forums were getting so cluttered I thought I would start a fresh section. I would love to know how many people are still down and how many are up but have an extremely slow server.
    Alaria, Inc.

Still down: eight days and counting.

All WHP seem to do is compound the issue with empty promises.
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts
    Can Also Be Seen On My Page at TekSalon

The Meatrix: Welcome to the real world

up but no support

Yes - Well I am up but running extremely slow. I was getting CPU overload warnings as of 9AM and Terry said he was working on it. Haven;t gotten a recent update since 9:30AM

I doubt any WHP clients will get any kind of actual support for quite sometime.

This is why I am almost done moving all my clients. But this speed issue has really put a damper on even doing that.
    Alaria, Inc.

We are on day nine now..... and counting!

No VPS, no support, nothing.
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts
    Can Also Be Seen On My Page at TekSalon

The Meatrix: Welcome to the real world

Day ten here. None of my calls have been returned, nor emails. It's absolutely ridiculous the way this transition is being handled. Dinix is no more. It has lost its reputation due to the fault of Webhostplus.com.

And to think I was going to upgrade with a Webhostplus service.

To those who are still offline or survived the transition, I recommend signing up with another company. I went ahead and purchased service through Main Area.
    Last edited by ArnettME; 04-03-2005 at 12:03 PM.

You should add to your poll... Up long enough to retrieve data and changed host.

I was down 31 hours came back online but it wasn't the same so I moved to ServInt.

LOL! Your absolutely right. I can't imagine any one who has come up after this nightmare doing anything else but retrieve their data and get the hell out of there.

I have heard some people have been up for days and thought the migration nightmare was over and have recently gone down with no reply to trouble tickets, calls, etc. It is like a replay of last weekend.

Our server, when it came up, was unstable and it took us days to retrieve everything, but at least we could do that. Many people have never been up since last Friday...UNBELIEVABLE!
    Alaria, Inc.

Unreal - So now I am getting my posts deleted from this forum and getting warning points....and what exactly have I done??
    Alaria, Inc.

Mine came up a few hours after I posted yesterday. I downloaded everything I needed. I'm already in the moving process.

Just when I thought DINIX was the best host ever. *sigh*
    I'm so disappointed

I think most or at least tons of people have moved
    Alaria, Inc.

Well my VPS seems to be up for last 8 days no problem what so ever.
    Their support don't pick up phones and my tickets were solved without any reply. I mean they fixed all the problems but didn't reply! strange!

just did an uptime gave me this
    10:44:27 up 8 days, 22:20, 1 user, load average: 0.17, 0.42, 0.53

Still not sure to move away or not had 35 hours of downtime perhaps I was lucky!

I'm down again.

Originally posted by DN-Imtiaz
    Their support don't pick up phones and my tickets were solved without any reply. I mean they fixed all the problems but didn't reply! strange!

Still not sure to move away or not had 35 hours of downtime perhaps I was lucky!
    How on earth could this be a question of staying or not?? Are you seeking to rely on a unreliable provider? Do you want to have this happen again again? And most importantly are you sure you want to trust your service to the Award Winning Support team at WHP??

Gimme a break - Start shopping!
    Alaria, Inc.

Originally posted by DN-Imtiaz

Well, you are obviously lucky...

But imagine if you have some issues down the road, could you honestly think that you WILL get reliable support and service?

You would probably need to be very very lucky again...

The drama continues

Unbeleivable now people who were up are now down and supposedly backups which were being uploaded are "corrupt" - Our server is back down again - but we got what we needed in the up time.

Let's stay together and not let them get away with this - please visit

www.dinixclassaction.com
    Alaria, Inc.

6:33AM up 11 days, 16:41, 4 users, load averages: 0.13, 0.17, 0.12

Support seems to be okay