Hosted MS Exchange vs. Dedicated Exchange

Our company has 60+ users all on a Shared MS Exchange at Intermedia.net. Their service has been good so far and their HostPilot (admin frontend) is the best among the different Exchange providers.

We're planning to move to their Dedicated plan but I want more control over the machine (thru Terminal Services) which they don't allow understandably.

So I'm thinking of getting a dedicated server or two on a good DC (thinking of ThePlanet) and have Exchange 2003 installed. Problem is I can't find any decent DC that supports installation of Exchange, or at least provide Exchange as an add-on.

Know of good DCs that provide this? Or should I just stick with the hosted plan? Getting monthly leases from a software reseller then installing it myself is also an option, but I can't seem to find those too.

Because it is very expensive.
    You need Windows Server License, Exchange Serve License, Windows Client Access License plus Exchange Client Access License.

If you can afford the license, you can just run it in your office with an ADSL or cable line.

Re: Hosted MS Exchange vs. Dedicated Exchange

Originally posted by samspade
    Our company has 60+ users all on a Shared MS Exchange at Intermedia.net. Their service has been good so far and their HostPilot (admin frontend) is the best among the different Exchange providers.

We're planning to move to their Dedicated plan but I want more control over the machine (thru Terminal Services) which they don't allow understandably.

So I'm thinking of getting a dedicated server or two on a good DC (thinking of ThePlanet) and have Exchange 2003 installed. Problem is I can't find any decent DC that supports installation of Exchange, or at least provide Exchange as an add-on.

Know of good DCs that provide this? Or should I just stick with the hosted plan? Getting monthly leases from a software reseller then installing it myself is also an option, but I can't seem to find those too.
    theplanet can help you with MS Exchange. i've ask before about a dedicated MS Exhcange server. since you're using it to host your own company and not offering it as service. you don't need MS SPLA just a retail or OEM should do. i think theplanet charge you admin fee to install MS Exhcange. you can and should contact theplanet for more info on MS Exchange.