Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

wow

Pretty interesting considering the history......
    Chris Armer - Cloud Communications LLC
    GigeNETCLOUD.com GigeNET.com
    Phone: 1-800-561-2656 x 8106
    Email: chris.armer@gigenet.com

Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    Lance posted it - more or less word by word - on the softlayer forums in a statement.

D
    On The Planet side no one is talking something is up but no details. Can you post a link where lance said this?

Quote Originally Posted by 48simple View Post
    On The Planet side no one is talking something is up but no details. Can you post a link where lance said this?
    The post is on the private SL forums.

Don't think Atlantanap would like that...
    Why not? I would love to have you guys there.

The you will have an excuse to come drink with me in Atlanta finally
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    Why not? I would love to have you guys there.

The you will have an excuse to come drink with me in Atlanta finally
    We are moving lots of our servers to Netdepot now, especially after this merger.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Hehe - sailor, come on...our traffic would eat your network for breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by sailorjr View Post
    We are moving lots of our servers to Netdepot now, especially after this merger.
    Hey Rodney, do you not have better things to do than to come into a thread and post garbage? So you're going to move servers from one provider to another - that's awesome... The news flash is that nobody cares.

A *lot* of what is in this thread is simply off-base or entirely wrong all together. If you're a current SoftLayer customer I suggest getting with your sales manager as they will get you to the right person to answer any questions and discuss any concerns you may have.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Hey Rodney, do you not have better things to do than to come into a thread and post garbage? So you're going to move servers from one provider to another - that's awesome... The news flash is that nobody cares.

A *lot* of what is in this thread is simply off-base or entirely wrong all together. If you're a current SoftLayer customer I suggest getting with your sales manager as they will get you to the right person to answer any questions and discuss any concerns you may have.
    It was not garbage by any means.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post

Exactly! People like to play with rumors! I do not understand what could be so fairy when Softlayer is in Stock market and SL policy has no intention to change over TP. Keep moving your data from here & there and enjoy your free time, that's the best you can do
    Mellowhost - Providing High Quality Web Hosting Services since 2007
    SSD Cpanel Shared, SSD OpenVZ & KVM VPS Hosting
    A Hosting Provider with Complete SSD VPS & Shared Hosting.

is 100tb really of the hook? if they signed contract with softlayer which last about that long, what will happend once the contract expired. After the contract expiration it could sway at either sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Maikon View Post
    is 100tb really of the hook? if they signed contract with softlayer which last about that long, what will happend once the contract expired. After the contract expiration it could sway at either sides.
    no worries about it, not many people are using 100TB bandwidth anyway... our servers are just averaging less than 5TB i think.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

I must say I'm not completely shocked....

Selling Pentium-D for 99 it's...
    Last edited by BudWay; 07-23-2010 at 12:48 AM.

It really surprises me the amount of gross over-speculation and mis-information that is going on in this thread. If you move away from SoftLayer over what is posted in this thread then IMHO they're probably better without you.

Even if the worst in this thread did come to pass it's not going to happen over night and you're going to have plenty of time to make chances/move away if you wish. If you're smart you'll wait for an official announcement as to what *is* or is *not* happening.

I'm done with this thread, good luck to all.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

Hehe - sailor, come on...our traffic would eat your network for breakfast
    Not hardly.

Our network is easily expandable - we are connected to the third largest ip transit point in the US - at telx 56 marietta. We have also added several on net providers who have built out to the facility at this point so turning up 10g circuits in atl takes me about a week now at worst.

On top of that we have dark fiber so I can turn my existing connections into 920 gigs of connectivity by simply upgrading optics on the 3 legs I have to DWDM ( which I can do in under 30 days).

So are you telling me you have more than 800 gigs of traffic?

LOL! I think you underestimate us.

In fact - I am sure you would not move your entire server base in one fell swoop - so I can handle your movement now with no problem since I have over 50 gigs lit now in service and all my core is already upgraded earlier this year to 20 g to every switch in the core on the new cisco nexus gear.

Additionally I am already serving many of your old customers from our new offer that we rolled out last week and we are handling the traffic just fine.

If you are laying down a challenge - then bring it
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Woo. Cockfight.

*Grabs popcorn*
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

Quote Originally Posted by ClubUptime View Post
    Woo. Cockfight.

*Grabs popcorn*
    LOL!

Nah - Ditlev and I are friends - just having a little fun messing with each other - completely innocent tongue in cheek from both sides.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

LOL!

Nah - Ditlev and I are friends - just having a little fun messing with each other - completely innocent tongue in cheek from both sides.
    Hey, it's still quite entertaining to see some of the leading companies go all "My trunk is bigger than yours"
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

LOL!

I witnessed a candle lit dinner between them in Austin.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

Quote Originally Posted by mdrussell View Post
    I witnessed a candle lit dinner between them in Austin.
    That must have been entertaining

Not hardly.

Our network is easily expandable - we are connected to the third largest ip transit point in the US - at telx 56 marietta. We have also added several on net providers who have built out to the facility at this point so turning up 10g circuits in atl takes me about a week now at worst.

On top of that we have dark fiber so I can turn my existing connections into 920 gigs of connectivity by simply upgrading optics on the 3 legs I have to DWDM ( which I can do in under 30 days).

In fact - I am sure you would not move your entire server base in one fell swoop - so I can handle your movement now with no problem since I have over 50 gigs lit now in service and all my core is already upgraded earlier this year to 20 g to every switch in the core on the new cisco nexus gear.

Additionally I am already serving many of your old customers from our new offer that we rolled out last week and we are handling the traffic just fine.

Just a few short months ago (link to post) you "weren't sure how we did it" and wanted to move your high bandwidth clients to us...and now you are asking us to trust you with our servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Maikon View Post
    Yup, 100TB is still very very active and ready for business

Honestly, we do more traffic at 100TB.com than ThePlanet does in total. We are not looking at ThePlanet for 100TB's future, but have full commitment from Softlayer's management to work with us in the future on the current 100TB offering, and we actually have a few new offerings on the way...*watch this space*

Quote Originally Posted by ClubUptime View Post
    Woo. Cockfight.

*Grabs popcorn*
    hehe - Jeff is just screwing with me

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Just a few short months ago (link to post) you "weren't sure how we did it" and wanted to move your high bandwidth clients to us...and now you are asking us to trust you with our servers?

hehe - Jeff is just screwing with me

D
    haha! Of course I was joking with you then too - but you know that. I would have only moved the guys using 100 tb of their 100 tb allocation to you to help you with your averages

It doesnt matter anyway - dedicated servers are on their last breath. As you have some new things coming so do I. Its going to get ugly as you know - but its all good benefit for customers. I think all providers with massive amounts of dedicated servers deployed that are not paid off yet should probably buckle their seat belts and put on their helmets.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Not hardly.

Not much of a challenge. You could add some excitement by making a Tesla coil and playing with it
    Nothing here right now.

Honestly, we do more traffic at 100TB.com than ThePlanet does in total.
    Are you sure about that? The Softlayer network is

Dallas 120 Gbps total capacity
    Seattle 90 gbps total capacity
    Washington DC 100 gbps total capacity

For a total of 310 gbps between the three POPs. How much of that capacity does 100TB use?
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by UNIXy View Post
    Hi Ditlev,

I would rather ask this publicly as people tend to be more careful about what they say (both ways).

Are you saying that ThePlanet will not honor the 100TB deal but that Softlayer's management (and not Softlayer itself which will belong to TP) will somehow? Please elaborate on this if you can. I had opened a legitimate thread in the past because I was interested in the 100TB offering but also concerned about the risks (nothing personnel it's just purely business). Somehow the thread was closed if you remember. The thread title was "Hypothetical: Softlayer voids 100TB deal". Fast forward two weeks and we are now coincidentally and realistically living that hypothesis.

Regards
    Joe / UNIXY
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...2&postcount=44

he already clearly stated that 100tb offer will not change due the change of ownership.

Hi Ditlev,

I would rather ask this publicly as people tend to be more careful about what they say (both ways).

Are you saying that ThePlanet will not honor the 100TB deal but that Softlayer's management (and not Softlayer itself which will belong to TP) will somehow? Please elaborate on this if you can.
    I will not speculate, and add further to the rumormill. I will say though, that my deal is _not_ with ThePlanet today, and it will not be with ThePlanet tomorrow.

I had opened a legitimate thread in the past because I was interested in the 100TB offering but also concerned about the risks (nothing personnel it's just purely business). Somehow the thread was closed if you remember. The thread title was "Hypothetical: Softlayer voids 100TB deal". Fast forward two weeks and we are now coincidentally and realistically living that hypothesis.
    What makes you say that? How are you "living that hypothesis", is there anything at ALL that tells you that we are not able to keep our 100TB offering alive?

Listen, the 100TB offering will only grow stronger after this. We will keep our current portfolio of products, and actually add a few new ones as a result of whats going on.

I know I said earlier that I'd confirm that again and again, but it is honestly getting a bit old now. Sometimes it seems you guys just want to start trouble.

10TB/100TB has been attacked again and again from the getgo...I remember a few years back when launching 10TB you all told me we would go bust within the month. I said no, "we are fine - this works", I did 100TB and you started all over, and I had to repeat it all over... Now, +$10m of revenue and thousands of servers later you still think I am full of it - guys, trust me on this one...100TB come out even stronger as a result of this, and in a few weeks when all the changes will be announced you will hopefully feel a lot better about the whole new setup

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast