Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: News from ANz

ill chip in 20 to find Donna , aka Tara, Amanda, Sara, Kelly, john

I was not a client, but am interested in the ending
      0 Not allowed!

I would be willing to invest a lot more than $20 to get to the bottom of this as well. It would be difficult to trust anybody that says is going to do anything in this regard though. For all I know, it could be just another one of Donna's personalities posing as a Toronto PI.

JoseQ
    TailorMadeServers.Com - Dallas Dedicated Servers since 2003
    joseq@tailormadeservers.com | Skype (TailorMadeServers) | http://twitter.com/tailoredservers
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by TMS - JoseQ
    I would be willing to invest a lot more than $20 to get to the bottom of this as well. It would be difficult to trust anybody that says is going to do anything in this regard though. For all I know, it could be just another one of Donna's personalities posing as a Toronto PI.

JoseQ
    Jose, I would imagine we could find someone up in Toronto that's not a figment of ANz' collective personality.

$20 was just a figure I pulled out, but since I wasn't financially hurt by the collapse (I bailed on August 27th, just in time) I don't have any real motivation other than a sense of what's right and what's wrong. But I will contribute in order to keep ANz from performing their charade all over again, which it looks like they're gearing up to do.
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....
      0 Not allowed!

Ah, I'm not criticizing the $20 figure, just saying I am willing to put more than that. I was indeed affected by the fiasco, and I'm bothered that they seem to want to continue to scam people.

I definitely don't want them to continue doing "business" but I also don't want to lose even more money. I just want to make sure that the money is put to good use.

JoseQ
    TailorMadeServers.Com - Dallas Dedicated Servers since 2003
    joseq@tailormadeservers.com | Skype (TailorMadeServers) | http://twitter.com/tailoredservers
      0 Not allowed!

Why not go after:
    - the person who collected the paypal payments
    - the owner of the bank account that was used to transfer funds to? (in addition to the paypal person)

Those 1/2/many people would be a good start... and even if they don't know... hey, they accepted the money and did something with it... right?
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, for starters maybe a PI to check up on John LaGaipa and Kevin Johnstone. Those are the only two people that are known to exist.
      0 Not allowed!

No need for a PI I'd think. Go to the police and file a fraud report even if you think it's only $100 (or whichever you lost). I'd figure they'd have a good chat with them... innocent victims or accomplishes ....

Could also try soplus.com. Gives good info.
    Last edited by trustedurl.com; 09-29-2004 at 01:09 AM.
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx
      0 Not allowed!

Gotta be something that can be done. I've never dealt with ANz, but I feel what they have done hurts the hosting/dedicated server industry as a whole and I just want to see this thing resolved. I would be more than happy to donate some money to a fund. Anyone got any ideas on who should organize such a thing, etc.?

Any easy start would be seeing what responses people got from contacting the FBI, Toronto police, etc. This is defiantely a large fraud case.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
      0 Not allowed!

Is it possible to get a collections agency to do the grunt work of a PI? I'm not sure on the laws about this. Can customers join together and hire a collection agency? Give them a 40% cut or something.
    Plain Fast Small Business Web Hosting & Server Management
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jmcgon
    Is it possible to get a collections agency to do the grunt work of a PI? I'm not sure on the laws about this. Can customers join together and hire a collection agency? Give them a 40% cut or something.
    Who would name as the debtor?

I think some people should considering filing in small claims court against John Lagaipa. Angelnetworkz is not a real company. All payments went to him.
      0 Not allowed!

Collection Agencies don't really have any legal power, per se. Complete waste of time, so don't even go there. What you want is to make a partial list of people who were wronged and take it to the police, and ask them about addressing mass fraud. The person who should be named in the case is John LaGaipa, the person who actually took possession of the money.
      0 Not allowed!

One more thing:

If there's no actual company [legal entity] that was doing the business, as people claim, then the people or person running "angelnetworks" are personally responsible and have unlimited liability for debts under Canadian law. What this means is that you can get your money back from them as individuals, regardless of the financial state of their "business".

So, John LaGaipa might have to mortgage off his house to locate the necessary funds.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm all in favor of finding out who the scoundrels are behind ANz and I would love to see people find John and Kevin. My goal with my post was to just make a challenge for a simple, easy test for one portion of this whole mystery. The direct, verifiable lies are like shooting fish in a barrel.

"xAngelx Rachel Yesterday, 09:20 PM Post #41
    Staff
    Group: Admin
    Member No.: 232

DIY your post was deleted due to the malicious actions of a former employee, he deleted almost everything before he left.

I don't have a schedule for refunds but I'd imagine they'd start at some point in the next couple of weeks. "

This is their response to everything, as we have all seen in the past. Problem for ANz: the post in question was cherry-picked out of all the other posts that are miraculously still intact and was actually made after Donna started flinging around accusations against Mark (and after he'd already gone), on Sept. 27. Unless their continued brilliant incompetence extends to permitting what they claim is a disgruntled ex-employee access sensitive items, this is yet another blatant lie by someone who just can't seem to stop themseves from lying about anything at the drop of a hat. Their general incompetence knows no bounds.

"Plus the sheer # of old posts was causing problems with this version of IPB so I instructed Jan to save things like the how-to section and a couple of others and gave him the ok to delete the rest in order to get the forum working properly again. "

I wonder if IPB knows that they've been roped into ANz's little group of OPTB (other people to blame).
      0 Not allowed!

twidnet:

The two iraqi stories from your sig are such BS it's unbelievable. I think I know now, Donna isn't 32 or however old she claims for credibility. She or he is probably still in school (or just out) and LaGaipa is probably a parent.
      0 Not allowed!

That's just a sampling of a long list of bs from a single post she made at another forum. You haven't seen anything yet, though. I'm putting the finishing touches on a roundup of Donna's valiant fight against the forces of evil in March 2003. Or at least her claims of that valiant fight.
      0 Not allowed!

I believe that there is no Donna, as you guys said, you should follow the one you sent out payments for, and from what i think, i think this is a one or two man show, and they made up this Donna figure to draw attention away from them selves.
    I guess its not working anymore.
      0 Not allowed!

The problem is that although many complained nobody bothered to contact FBI. It only takes one determined person to get to the bottom of this.
      0 Not allowed!

I think "Donna" needs to seek professional help quickly, it seems she's a pathological liar and can tell lies at the drop of a hat.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by MetaData
    The problem is that although many complained nobody bothered to contact FBI. It only takes one determined person to get to the bottom of this.
    I contacted the Canadian fraud departement but havn't heard of them ever since.
      0 Not allowed!

From here in the UK, it seems that the chances to get any money back from AN one day are close to nil...My business insurance only covers UK and European Union, I would have a much higher premium to cover USA, so basically this whole episode has put me off dealing with companies outside the UK. May I say I have professional liability, so my insurance it's supposed to cover the kind of problems exposed by the AN situation. But only within UK or Europe.

After many weeks now, no one has come with a proper solution to get money back from the AN fiasco for those who did not pay by credit card, and the most disgusting part of this, it's to see AN still in business...

It's a very sad tale, and I am loosing out not dealing with USA companies anymore (prices are much more competitive in USA), but I feel powerless in case of trouble...

Once my business takes off properly, I will consider upgrading my insurance to cover America, before AN, I never had a problem with a USA company (well, not of the AN scale) and I never asked to myself the kind of question AN have started...

As long as people like AN can get away with it, doing business without a proper insurance and legal cover it's just not possible. But this come at a price, and small business like mine, on a tight little budget, may not be able to offer themselves this kind of protection worldwide.

Even I live in the UK, I am not a British citizen, and I firmly believe in international exchange. But this episode with AN has put a temporary stop in reselling USA hosting for me.

I feel very sad about it, and would love to hear in this forums, rather than moan, practical solutions for people like me to deal safely from outside US with american hosting companies.
    90 days of action against cancer
    .In found memory of Tino.

http://www.thespringofhope.com
      0 Not allowed!

agreed. We shouldn't let AN get away with this.
      0 Not allowed!

After repeated requests were made asking for a physical address to either send payment to or contact them at, "Rachel" responded with this:

"Atm no address is being given. Otherwise we'll find ourselves with 50 idiots camped on our doorstep for refunds they don't even have coming."

That "Atm" is another thing she and Donna share quite often. Maybe this is Donna on Rachel's machine again?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by auctionSuite
    After repeated requests were made asking for a physical address to either send payment to or contact them at, "Rachel" responded with this:

"Atm no address is being given. Otherwise we'll find ourselves with 50 idiots camped on our doorstep for refunds they don't even have coming."

That "Atm" is another thing she and Donna share quite often. Maybe this is Donna on Rachel's machine again?
    So is that "idiots" thing, since she loves to insult her client base. What's left of it. And in a related, shocking development, there is still no update.

admin (Donna) Today, 02:11 AM
    "Ok emails will have to go out today (Wednesday). Atm there is a major difference between our records and managed.com's records of which servers we still control so we need to sort that out before emailing people."

There's that "Atm" again. Interesting. But hey, there's plenty of other things posted that are good for additional scrutiny, since it's a liar's paradise there.

admin Today 02:05 AM
    "And Jan is part of the IPB crew, which #1 Is why these forums work at all and #2 he has other things to do and considering he worked on these forums as a personal favour to me (we go back to before my web hosting days) I didn't want to waste his time trying to save everything when he has other "

"Jan" is a poster at the ANz forums and is in the admin group, same as Donna and "Rachel". This is supposedly the guy who recovered the database for the forum and dealt with the reworking of them. Once again, we have Donna claiming some sort of insider connection in an attempt to make herself look like she's on a higher pedestal than everyone else ("Look at me, I'm close personal friends with abc!" or "We would just buy out Managed."). Strangely, the only Jan in the member list at the IPB forums is a regular member, not IPB staff or management, and that user hasn't been active since 2002. So, being me, I wrote to IPB asking if there was a Jan on staff. This is their reply.

"No, sorry. There is a JAY though.

Replying to this ticket will automatically re-open it.

Regards,

(name removed)
    IPS Customer Service Manager
    Peterborough, UK"

So the question remains, why the continual lies about things that are so easily checked? Any takers on what sort of excuse we'll see for this gaffe or how she'll try to cover it up? Followup question, for bonus points: why does anyone continue to support ANz, either through words or money?

Edited by me to remove my guess as to what excuse Donna will offer. Let her come up with her own ideas for once.
    Last edited by twidnet; 09-29-2004 at 08:52 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Oops. IPB is going to be receiving two requests asking about a 'Jan'. I noticed that too and thought to check up on it.

If you want a good laugh, read through her response to the "You still owe me $2000" thread. It's on the General forum if you have access to it. A few excerpts:

"I'm the only one you can sue and atm you have no idea where I am."

"....you probably looked up the wrong name to begin with, or did you forget Donna is one of my middle names?"

"We also have more than one office. Only one was ever made public. Rachel has never been to the midland location, she worked out of the one on Morningside (which is also closed now since we don't have many management clients left and didn't need the space for staff to come in)."
      0 Not allowed!

An addendum before I run out the door to the bank....I just thought of this.

How is it possible that everyone sits behind the firewall and router (accounting for how all of the emails have the same IP), yet some people have never been to some offices?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast