Solid UK Reseller

Hello,

I've done a fair bit of research into UK Resellers and i'm just looking for a solid UK based host. Budget isn't an issue at all (neither space and bandwidth as I can upgrade as needed).

I'm also not bothered about a WHMCS license or any other extras, I purely want a reliable, solid hosting service that provides good support when problems do occur and when they promise to fix a problem it's done.

I've tried a few hosts that have been recommended to me as reliable UK resellers and have either had lots of downtime or other problems and just not a good overall experience.

I'm basically asking if people can list some of the best UK resellers, they've heard about or had previous experience with?
    (I know theres a lot of posts about this, but I was wondering if I could get some more information first hand)

I understand it may be shunned upon, but the only good hosts i've had experience with so far is Godaddy, never had to open a support ticket, never had problem with mail, etc. (Only shared hosting account).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by user1h2u11 View Post
    Hello,

I've done a fair bit of research into UK Resellers and i'm just looking for a solid UK based host. Budget isn't an issue at all (neither space and bandwidth as I can upgrade as needed).

I'm also not bothered about a WHMCS license or any other extras, I purely want a reliable, solid hosting service that provides good support when problems do occur and when they promise to fix a problem it's done.

I've tried a few hosts that have been recommended to me as reliable UK resellers and have either had lots of downtime or other problems and just not a good overall experience.

I'm basically asking if people can list some of the best UK resellers, they've heard about or had previous experience with?
    (I know theres a lot of posts about this, but I was wondering if I could get some more information first hand)

I understand it may be shunned upon, but the only good hosts i've had experience with so far is Godaddy, never had to open a support ticket, never had problem with mail, etc. (Only shared hosting account).

Thanks.
    Okay, So we've established your looking for a UK reseller provider and your not restricted on budget. Detailing what your looking for out the door will provide more insight to guide you correctly. Will the account be used for general re-sale or just purely for your own sites? - On a side note have you check the offers section using an advanced search looking for UK resellers?
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Are you after the more popular cPanel or Plesk, Direct Admin? What kind of storage/bandwidth do you need? Do you know your current usage?
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

What sort of specifications do you require and what's your budget? You should take a look in the offers section, there'll be quite a few hosts who meet your requirements, but be sure to search for reviews before purchasing.
    Clouveo - SSD/NVMe Cloud VPS & Web Hosting
    Cloud VPS Servers | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups | One Click Apps | Custom ISOs
    clouveo.com | Locations: [UK] London, [NL] Amsterdam, [US] Los Angeles

I'll be using the hosting to host a few basic, low traffic wordpress/html websites (if wordpress then only a couple of plugins) for either me, or a few clients (4 Websites at the moment, gain around 4 clients per month but i'll upgrade as needed).

I'd like cPanel and WHM but other than that it doesn't matter too much along as its UK based.

I've tried the offer section and theres a lot of choice, but i'm looking for an established host that's been around to stand the test of time and has a happy customer base and it's tricky to narrow it down with every host claiming they're the best (nothing wrong with that, but I believe personal recommendation is the best).

I'll be using the hosting to host a few basic, low traffic wordpress/html websites (if wordpress then only a couple of plugins) for either me, or a few clients (4 Websites at the moment, gain around 4 clients per month but i'll upgrade as needed).

I'd like cPanel and WHM but other than that it doesn't matter too much along as its UK based.

I've tried the offer section and theres a lot of choice, but i'm looking for an established host that's been around to stand the test of time and has a happy customer base and it's tricky to narrow it down with every host claiming they're the best (nothing wrong with that, but I believe personal recommendation is the best).
    The only two UK hosts I know and have personally used (and can therefore recommend) is SimplexWebs and zFast, both of them offer great services.
    Clouveo - SSD/NVMe Cloud VPS & Web Hosting
    Cloud VPS Servers | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups | One Click Apps | Custom ISOs
    clouveo.com | Locations: [UK] London, [NL] Amsterdam, [US] Los Angeles

How long? 1 year, 2 years, 4 years? The providers who are recommended the most tend to have a larger customer base and more than happy to recommend coming from an EIG provider, well anything is better than EIG HAHA!

Point is, just because some of the other providers which haven't been running as long don't have as many bragging about their service, it doesn't mean they aren't as good, users are probably keeping it secret so the provider doesn't get too big and have service deteriorate. Like the book http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(book)

Something to think about.
    Last edited by HostXNow; 03-17-2014 at 01:42 PM. Reason: corrected link
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow_Chris View Post
    How long? 1 year, 2 years, 4 years? The providers who are recommended the most tend to have a larger customer base and more than happy to recommend coming from an EIG provider, well anything is better than EIG HAHA!

Point is, just because some of the other providers which haven't been running as long don't have as many bragging about their service, it doesn't mean they aren't as good, users are probably keeping it secret so the provider doesn't get too big and have service deteriorate. Like the book http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(book))

Something to think about.
    I completely understand what you're saying and agree, but usually the hosts that have been around longer usually have more of a reputation and thus spend more time maintaining that reputation.

I'm fine with going with for a small company that has shot out of nowhere (obviously good or they wanted grow at such a fast rate), but when things did go wrong they don't tend to be able to handle it swell as say a large company with a lot of money/staff/time at its hands.

I just won't have the time to deal with hosting problems, so I don't mind paying slightly extra to get a service that won't require to constantly be opening support tickets.

I completely understand what you're saying and agree, but usually the hosts that have been around longer usually have more of a reputation and thus spend more time maintaining that reputation.

I'm fine with going with for a small company that has shot out of nowhere (obviously good or they wanted grow at such a fast rate), but when things did go wrong they don't tend to be able to handle it swell as say a large company with a lot of money/staff/time at its hands.

I just won't have the time to deal with hosting problems, so I don't mind paying slightly extra to get a service that won't require to constantly be opening support tickets.
    True. It's a tricky one, the safest option is to choose a host who've been running for at least 2 years with hardly any negative reviews or even if they had negative reviews the provider dealt with them the best they could. You can't always trust positive reviews.

But then saying that, you could get a new provider startup who've only been running for 3 months but is owned by admins who've been managing servers for 5yrs +.

Getting the balance right I suppose.

They also have a VPS Reseller account running on cPanel right, but probably not out of the UK.

For UK based, I would recommend Site5, they have an option for UK data centre and is a solid web host.

I would also recommend to always store your backups outside your web host, never put everything in one place at the same time.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

user1h2u11

May I say how refreshing it is to see someone actually looking for a quality reseller account with budget for quality. Most of the time now days we get people posting on here asking for a huge package, end user support, whmcs etc for pennies!

From reading all of your comments and replies, I see you use wordpress and a few static websites. You will probably be best using a Linux reseller account as from experience I found wordpress runs better on Linux when its fine tuned with the likes of mod_deflate, APC etc which with the right wordpress plugins can make your blog faster and better on SEO.

I would too recommend if you have not done so already, look at the Reseller Hosting offers section of these forums at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

If budget isn't really a problem and you do expect to grow with time why not go direct to a managed VPS package. With a VPS package you would then be getting dedicated resources for your sites and again you can upgrade as and when you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by StarWebHosting View Post
    If budget isn't really a problem and you do expect to grow with time why not go direct to a managed VPS package. With a VPS package you would then be getting dedicated resources for your sites and again you can upgrade as and when you need to.

A managed (true comprehensive management) VPS from a reputable provider is the best way to go if budget isn't a problem. A vps will give you more control and help you avoid email headaches.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Have you thought of using or going for a managed VPS? It surely will be more reliable and less problem will be occur.

Another vote for Clook
    http://www.clook.net/services/reseller-hosting

I've had a reseller account with them for more than 6 years, and a VPS for over 3 years.

Their support is very fast, minutes, and always friendly and helpful at all times.