Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829

Thread: News from ANz

OMG, bwahahahahahaha! Totally hysterical Twidnet! LOLOLOL!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by broots
    AuctionSuite, I'll add myself later when the paypal servers decide to work for me...
    At the moment, or "atm" as Donna might say, we're only collecting names and information regarding refunds due from ANz. No donations are being asked for as of yet.
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by x-2o
    How secure is any details going to be kept?

Cheers
    x-2o
    Are you asking if your information is to be shared? No, except as a part of any collective information offered to authorities or entities involved in any suits (if you choose to participate) or collections.

Your personal information is not to be distributed or posted. A cumulative "running total" of the number of people and/or companies involved and the sum of the refunds due will be added to the site at a later time.
      0 Not allowed!

twidnet!!! I thought you said you were going to be sending your sister over to keep us entertained while you were away? What happened to that, huh? We were all just sitting here waiting on her all this time.....

Thanks for nothing!

0 Not allowed!

From AN Forum, by admin

ok just 35 more servers to deal with. FYI those moving to the new company will not see a price increase after all. Just nailed down that deal today.

Sales will reopen in a few days as will the reseller program. Please note if you signed up under the reseller program before you'll need to sign up again. There are a few new things etc to be known before you start reselling as the pricing structure is a bit weird and there's two options.

Refunds btw are slated to start in early November. I haven't nailed down an exact date but still working on some of the details for that..
      0 Not allowed!

New company?
      0 Not allowed!

Will they be doing refunds before or after Donna/Kevin removes the picture of Elisha Cuthbert that she is claiming to be her sister Aimee?

Or before or after they collect the months payments due from current (albeit foolish) customes? Do current customers realize it is inevitable that they will lose service if Anz is using THEIR money to refund past customers?

I honestly cannot believe anybody is still doing business with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by alrock
    Will they be doing refunds before or after Donna/Kevin removes the picture of Elisha Cuthbert that she is claiming to be her sister Aimee?

Where's that at?
      0 Not allowed!

Look here, I have even posted both pictures:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13949
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by auctionSuite
    Okay, here's the form for adding your name to the list of those due refunds from AngelNetworkz:

http://www.anzfund.info/refunds_due.php

All information is kept private and will not be redistributed.

(Note that the only pages active on the site right now are the ones related to this form. On the "message sent" page there is a link back to the home page, but as of yet the home page is simply a DA placeholder.)
    I filled the form and even volunteered to go to Canada to kick some ....
    http://www.MKEweb.com
    The Netherlands
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by alrock
    Look here, I have even posted both pictures:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13949
    Hey that's my ex girlfriend... I met her last time I went snorkling in the death sea!!!
    http://www.MKEweb.com
    The Netherlands
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ensermo
    Hey that's my ex girlfriend... I met her last time I went snorkling in the death sea!!!
    You wish! LOL!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by HBN
    New company?
    I think (s)he might've meant coloalacarte, the new Managed spinoff (that has yet to be verified?)
      0 Not allowed!

Man, I am soooo sorry about not getting my sister to fill in. But hey, she's a very busy at her second (or is that third?) year of rocket scientist school. And I didn't have internet access in the shuttle cockpit to post as her (oops! Did I say that out loud?).

"And FYI I am banned at WHT mostly because I didn't answer the posts there. I opted to concentrate on the remaining clients, not argue with people on forums. I'll talk to the WHT mods when I have time to actually respond to the accusations posted there. If they see fit they'll unban me. If they don't well thems the breaks. WHT is a forum, it doesn't make or break our business."

It might break her business when the truth finally comes out. I think it's hilarious that she always does everything when she "has time". She seems to have plenty of time to argue with people on her own forums (and delete their posts because I just saw one go bye-bye) when they ask her questions about that whole military thing, not to mention hanging around at the forum where she posted that quote trying to spin things. You would think that just saying she made it all up wouldn't be so hard, since she's caught anyway. Well, thems the breaks.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, twidnet, don't you remember how she had to "get some sleep" after all the managed servers got unplugged? And didn't show up again until late the following night?

Oh - and this is simply priceless (made by Donna about 30 minutes ago in their forums):
    Now all financial issues aside the thing that set everything else in motion was clients themselves. I sent out a private email (a few weeks before the shut downs), and asked that it be kept private. In it I explained what happened with the management clients and that we needed to suspend the BOGO and prepaid time and ask people to make monthly payments for a few months to clear the debts and get back on track before things became a major issue. At the time I worked out that if even half agreed to it we'd be fine.

Unfortunately I didn't count on some of those people not only being selfish but they actually took that private email and posted publicly outright accusing us of fraud right from the start.

My attempt to quietly resolve the issue then snowballed into acusations that we knew the shutdowns were coming and kept sales going anyways and were just keeping the money. This is not true. We didn't keep the money, all of it went into things for AN. Paypal records when/if made public will show that. But with the BOGO stuff obviously the expenses outweighed the actual profit. Wasn't a problem as I covered the shortfalls with management clients, when a staffer stole those that left us with a problem to sort out.

Instead of respecting my request to keep it private and not spark a panic some people did just that, they posted everywhere they could to cause as much of a fuss as they could. I probably could have headed things off a bit by posting at places like WHT to explain things but at the time I wasn't feeling in the best of health (still not) and I opted to work on fixing things instead of argueing on forums.
    At this point all I want to do is sit down with a beer and ponder the meaning of it all - because that has got to be the "best" (and I use that term very loosely) spin I've seen yet.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>
      0 Not allowed!

I don't believe people get banned from WHT for not answering posts. Considering the source of such a suggestion, though, I don't believe I wasted more than two seconds even thinking about it.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    Superior service. Sensible price.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by P-nut
    Well, twidnet, don't you remember how she had to "get some sleep" after all the managed servers got unplugged? And didn't show up again until late the following night?
    Yeah, she seems to be in pretty bad health for someone who was just flying jets around last year to defend Truth and Freedom. Wait, I know. Gulf War Syndrome. That's it.

This is part of a post she deleted, where someone is giving her advice for free. Heck, I'd have charged for it since they're basically talking to a brick wall.

"You once said that you were not a "polished businesswoman". Honestly, it really shows in moments of stress. Your attitude also shows in responses from other people representing ANz. If I were giving you advice, I would tell you to stop posting when you first read something so you would have a minute to reflect on how what you are about to say will appear to the casual reader. I'd also tell you to stop handing out bans like candy. It's a poor image of a company that doesn't permit their own clients to ask questions. And finally, I'd tell you to answer people like me, even privately, to explain the inconsistencies in your public statements about your claimed military service. which has become quite the hot topic. Because you know what? If I'm wrong and it's verified, I'm the first to admit it and apologize, in the same places where whatever I was wrong about was going on. You could learn a lesson from that, too, since I have yet to see ANz take any responsibility for this mess or offer an apology of any sort for a month of downtime caused by ANz and no one else. It costs nothing at all to generate good will with your clients. It costs you everything when you forget they are the ones paying money into your system. "

Want to see an example of an ANz apology? This is for all you people who kept waiting for one. This is the sort of "apology" you people even thinking in some insane part of your brain that you want to do business with this company can expect. It's a response to that same person above asking for links to all the multiple apologies that Donna says she made.

"Here, numerous times, some of those posts are missing now thanks to mark. Other times in emails sent out to people, even before the shutdowns happend. Various other forums as well.

But since you want a copy of your very own here it is, make sure you save it all

I'm sorry we screwed up. I admit that, I thought I could depend on our management clients to cover things, not realising that if they suddenly all left we'd be in trouble. It's a mistake I've learned from and now we'll rebuild and make sure the servers make a decent profit instead of just selling them at cost or having special deals.

I'm also sorry I hired some staff, particularly Mark and whomever the prick is that was working locally and stole the management clients.

I'm also sorry I signed some clients. From the instant I sent the email explaining I was trying to avoid more serious issues some clients started their little smear campaign way back then, before the shutdowns and before the issue got as big as it did.

In it's basic form I messed up, I'll take responisbility for that but some people also need to take credit for making things worse with their doomsday posts etc. Search WHT, you'll see people started their little war against us just days after I emailed people telling them the problem and what my proposed solution was to avoid it getting to the point it eventually did. Instead of keeping things internally as I'd asked they launched a public campaign against us and that ultimately led to the shutdowns and other issues."

Translation: I'm sorry we got caught with our bad financial and management practices flapping in the wind. But it's still everybody else's fault.

In the end, the last two lines of that person's advice are good things for any company to keep in mind. It's too late for ANz, but it might save someone else from making the same stupid mistakes they did.

"It costs nothing at all to generate good will with your clients. It costs you everything when you forget they are the ones paying money into your system."
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by xAngelx
    Search WHT, you'll see people started their little war against us just days after I emailed people telling them the problem and what my proposed solution was to avoid it getting to the point it eventually did. Instead of keeping things internally as I'd asked they launched a public campaign against us and that ultimately led to the shutdowns and other issues.
    Unfortunately, that statement just isn't backed up by a search of WHT. I seem to recall (quite clearly, btw) that "private" letter didn't make WHT until After TMS pulled the plug. I was shocked that letter hadn't triggered mass cancellations, and said so. Perhaps Jose would have pulled the plug sooner had he known of that letter, but I don't think he did.

That a letter existed had been mentioned, but we had to beg for it before it was finally posted, about nine hours after the shutdown. I was appalled no one had posted it as the subject of its own thread, back when it was sent! It was astonishing how long it took that letter to come to light.

Also, WHT doesn't disable accounts for failing to respond to allegations posted here. They do disable accounts for failure to follow the rules. "Donna" just isn't credible with her claims about the WHT xAngelx account.
    Last edited by BigBison; 10-12-2004 at 12:23 AM.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Annette
    I don't believe people get banned from WHT for not answering posts. Considering the source of such a suggestion, though, I don't believe I wasted more than two seconds even thinking about it.
    Didn't you get the memo? People will now get banned if they don't come running to WHT and defend every post made against them and answer all rumors and uhm, crap I just can't keep this up, if I were Pinocchio I'd probably put my monitor out by now

xAngelx it just gets funnier and funnier (in a sad sad sad sort of way).
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck
      0 Not allowed!

"And FYI I am banned at WHT mostly because I didn't answer the posts there. I opted to concentrate on the remaining clients, not argue with people on forums. I'll talk to the WHT mods when I have time to actually respond to the accusations posted there. If they see fit they'll unban me. If they don't well thems the breaks. WHT is a forum, it doesn't make or break our business."
    I don't think we need a blow by blow of everything this/those person/people say on their forum.

I haven't been following this thread much, but it has certainly gone on way too long.

If Donna wishes to discuss the real reason for account suspension the help desk is always available. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/helpdesk/
      0 Not allowed!

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829