Hybrid View

Kanapei - Be aware of this [WHT Member]

I posted a thread around a week ago about needing a 3D designer.. This individual message me saying he can provide the services. After I sent him the deposit ($400) he stopped getting back to me.. He was suppose to tell show me previews which he said he had. You kno what he told me? "I dont work on the weekends" ... He wouldnt take a minute to show me a preview, which he obviously didnt have.. Now he tells paypal that he tried contacting me.. Im still fighting with paypal to have the money refunded.. But we all know how useless paypal can get. I just hope this guy just refunds the money that isnt his.

He tells me how he created big 3D projects for commercials in the US.. its all bs. Becareful.
    Web2.0 Hosting Directory WH-D.com Empowering our users!

While I don't know much about the situation (if anything) I do know that Kanapei seems to be an upright fellow from my interaction with him.

I hope you get the situation resolved though. As far as working on the weekends goes: I can understand, neither would I

Communication is key in most contractual positions though. Try to define the terms of what you want ahead of your next project so you avoid these sort of miscommunications in the future.

After I sent him the deposit ($400) he stopped getting back to me
    When will people learn?

I am not even going to argue this, This is what i have to say. Work started! he lost the contract, He is then going after his money back. I sent him three screenshots of work 1-2 days after it started! Then it hit the weekend and he was harassing me all over it for updates every day. As soon as it hit Monday he was swearing at me to an extent that i told him i did not want to work with him anymore and offered a refund of the $400.

Ok, Then he changed his mind and decided to be respectable in communication. After he sent countless emails to an email address i don’t use (not the one i gave him at the start of the project), i find rude PM's and a VERY rude paypal chargeback.

I understand how he is frustrated, and if work did not start then i would understand his claim. I think he is just p*ssed off that he lost the customer (he says that’s my fault for not providing an update on Sunday)

Also, He took a deposit for this project, $1,500 i think. He quoted his customer WAY under what that price should have been for this kind of work. I would be quoting $4k at a minimum for my work and the project was worth less than that.

Its clear that this individual is inexperienced in dealing with this kind of work and how to communication with contractors.

The customer then cancelled and asked for the $1,500 back. Work started, that money is not called a deposit for no reason.
    Last edited by eDedi; 03-26-2007 at 07:05 AM.
    Jon Black

David... He was onliline and said he had the preview, I asked him to show me but said "I dont work on weekendS".. I asked him how long it takes, he said a minute.. you explain why he couldnt show me something?.. Then he said 80% chance he will show me the next day, 100% chance he will show me monday.. Monday passed, nothing from him..

One thing, why would you pay someone BEFORE they show you previews?

Really, I feel sorry for you, but you brought this upon your self.

1) Trusting a stranger.
    2) Paying before you even saw a preview
    3) Paying $400 before you saw a preview
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!

Did you pay with paypal using a credit card or straight from your bank account? If you use a credit card you can easily start a charge back with your credit card instead of paypal.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

it came from the paypal balance itself... martint, before I send the 400 he showed me an image of the map I gave him placed on Maya so I thought ok, he has maya, hes not bs'ing me.. He showed me a bunch of images as well saying they were his.

He even lied to paypal saying he sent me emails. If anyone knows this individual's contact information please PM me. My partners and I are going to take actions towards him. Not only for the money but also for being a liar.

Well for $400 I'm not sure if you can do much or spend more energy on it, if you can't get the money back i guess all you can do is forget a bout it and put it as loses. This kind of problems happens, learn from it.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

yup, thats why I want to warn everyone.. Hopefully he makes a fair choice and refunds the money back..

You kinda deserve it.

Even a person living in the moon would know not to trust just anyone, and for $400!!

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

No body deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by cnv
    No body deserves it.
    In the sense that you gave away $400 without seeing an ounce of work, then it is kind of your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by skreid
    In the sense that you gave away $400 without seeing an ounce of work, then it is kind of your fault.
    Cant agree more.
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!

Wow, sorry to hear about that. If I knew anything about 3d design I would be more than willing to help you. Hope you get you money back.

I did do the mistake. Thats why I am warning everyone else to be careful with that person.

cnv,
    Your business model is seems wrong to me.
    If you need to outsource your 3D desing needs, you should seek and find some local firms, and talk over/make contract with them. Not try find Mr. Nobody_knows in some public forums.
    (No offense kanapei )
    DigiPun.ch
    An Awesome Digital Punch Clock
    Release date: October 1st

Quote Originally Posted by BurakUeda
    cnv,
    If you need to outsource your 3D desing needs, you should seek and find some local firms, and talk over/make contract with them. Not try find Mr. Nobody_knows in some public forums.
    (No offense kanapei )
    The guy is 19 and goes to collage. Business models come from EXP.
    Jon Black

Quote Originally Posted by BurakUeda
    cnv,
    (No offense kanapei )
    Do you mean it's not a good idea to find partners here on WHT? I'm askinhg as I see lots of offers here. Are there any guidelines to follow to be on the safe side?

Quote Originally Posted by billardent
    Do you mean it's not a good idea to find partners here on WHT? I'm askinhg as I see lots of offers here. Are there any guidelines to follow to be on the safe side?
    It is more like common sense.
    If you need a work for yourself, you can hire someone you find online.
    But if you need some work to complete a project for your customer, you should always work with someone you know.

I don't mean people will scam you always, but you cannot know how they are working etc.

e.g. Kanapei is not working weekends, which is understandable. But cnv and his customer expecting 24/7 response. Old email addresess, communication problems. Just invitation for trouble imho.
    DigiPun.ch
    An Awesome Digital Punch Clock
    Release date: October 1st