Threaded View

Managed host with webforum experience

Preface: I have a mid-size forum running VBulletin (.5million posts, 500-1000 users at peak times, growing quickly) that is becoming a real pain to handle. I'm currently on unmanaged hosting which was financially necessary when it was first setup.

I don't have the time to manage the server anymore, and I would like to move to a company that is able to both manage the server entirely, and also assisst intelligently with the scripts (vbulletin in particular) - someone that can manage the server with an eye to what is required to keep a fast-growing php/sql site operating well, as well as diagnose and correct issues when they arise - and if it means going into a script now and then or advising on precise corrections, that would be a plus.

Location is north america, my budget is flexible (400/mth is an upper limit, but not hard), my coding knowledge is moderate: I know what needs doing, but I don't have the knowledge or the time to invest in getting the knowledge to do it myself.

I hope that's not too vague. I see a few others in this forum with a similar problem, but the 2 threads with the best advice had very specific problems that don't apply to me.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MMMiles; 10-05-2006 at 12:56 AM.