Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VPS are expensive but if you want to start a hosting company then you should start with a VPS to avoid any problems with Reseller

Quote Originally Posted by 313Host View Post
    VPS are expensive but if you want to start a hosting company then you should start with a VPS to avoid any problems with Reseller
    VPS are expensive? Must be kidding.. Take a loot at the offers section.. Reputable hosts sell 512 Mb xen ( with 1 gig of swap) good I/O and access time, 1.5Tb of BW and 15gb of raid 10 for 8 bucks. Is that expensive? errr i do not think so

Stick with VPS.

IMHO, for star tup or beginner in webhosting, reseller is best choice, if your business are potential than migrate to VPS / Dedicated.

Thе three letters “VPS” bring a smile tο thе faces οf knowledgeable webmasters аnd IT people. Standing fοr “Virtual Private Server,” thе acronym іѕ particularly cheering tο companies аnԁ individuals thаt need thеіr οwn dedicated server bυt саnnοt afford one, οr аrе nοt ready tο commit. Wіth VPS, thе corporal server space іѕ divided іntο partitions (thе VPS’s) thаt act thе same аѕ standalone servers. Buу thе appropriate disk real estate аnԁ уου саn safely isolate yourself frοm аnу “neighbors” аnԁ keep yourself in distinctive despite life “disk-mates.”
    Now, whаt іѕ reseller hosting, tο whісh wе wish tο compare VPS? It саn bе defined quite simply аnԁ straightforwardly аѕ having accounts іn a shared server environment, јυѕt аbουt thе same thing аѕ shared hosting.

I would say start off with a reseller account and move on to vps

as you need it simply choose a host that will grow with your plan

that offers reseller vps vps reseller dedicated server

Quote Originally Posted by Archbob View Post
    VPS is much more expensive than usuall reseller hosting. I don't see VPS taking over reseller hosting anytime soon.
    Some companies offer very low prices for VPS hosting so I don't agree

VPS is really rare now a days but still "Reseller" is on TOP. VPS is much expensive than VPS still Now. Any Web Master would like to hire a Reseller Now a days.

But You Rocks man...

If you have a good running company that is creating many accounts its best to just stick with a VPS but VPS's are still pretty expensive.

I chose reseller as a first step into webhosting as it let me learn the basics of c-panel, whm & whmc, but as someone who likes more control over the low level running of things in the near future I will probably opt for VPS or dedicated. Leaning more toward dedicated tho.

So for me reseller great as a learning tool but ultimate is dedicated

I recommend a Reseller plan as most of the technical stuff is handled by your host.

VPS Servers require a level of understanding.

VPS is much more expensive than usuall reseller hosting. I don't see VPS taking over reseller hosting anytime soon.

Now i have reseller account from hg, and so far so good

14. I don't see VPS taking over reseller hosting anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzag-Hosting View Post
    I don't see VPS taking over reseller hosting anytime soon.
    copy pasting coz posts.

I think you can try both, reselling is the easier way.

Different needs can choose, vps more flexible, sharehosting cheaper...

There are providers that offers cPanel and full set up for VPS so it does not have to be so complicated and you get your own "space".

This is cream of the cake for me, frankly - I dont mean to sound cheezy lol! VPS would do me well when we are able to do more business, so i'm glad i read this.

Most places do charge an arm and a leg for VPS; but it's cheaper than dedicated.

You can make end number of reseller's, this is benefit of VPS hosting.
    http://www.infihosting.com: Perfect Hosting Solution

VPS is better because you manage almost A to Z your machine. You can install all application you want, you don't depend on a shared hosting server and other people being host.

Go for VPS 100%!

By far, This is the best article I have read so far! Thanks!

Cheapest modest VPS is around $10/month, cpanel @ $15/month, WHMCS @ $15.
    For $40 will get @ 27 GB space, @ 512 MB RAM, 500 GB traffic and a lot of headache if you are newbie.
    Just get the reseller as some host provide everything you need and you'll have time to sell.
    Last edited by ReoHostLtd; 12-20-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    ReoHost.com
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS |
    cPanel | Softacolous | Solus VM
    10 days FREE trial with no limits!

There is quite alot more features to a VPS such as access to the SSH. And smaller things like being able to Reboot your Node if something is slow or not working that well. It's just those small features that could be worth all the money.

This thread has provided me with a nice introduction to VPS and Reseller hosting.Happy To be here.

If you are expert to handle the technical issues then for for VPS otherwise Reseller hosting is always a good option
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast