Looking to Co-Lo with Tera want to hear from people Co-locating with them

A friend is looking to move his Mail and Web server to Tera to save on using a few T1's. I suggested Tera-Byte, and am wanting to hear about people's Co-Location experiences. Where he lives has bad bandwidth to Vancouver BC so max connection is 20KB/sec. I have seen with my own eyes that the Connection is fast when I downloaded a PHP upgrade via SSH to his server got over 200KB/sec.

We will be using G4's, and looks like will have to cram them into 4U cases.

Looking at the pricing structure, bandwidth scales very nicely between plans. if your using 15GB-40GB use the $30 plan if 50GB-95GB the $95 plan and so on.

I heard your allowed to use a switch to connect your servers. This would be useful to have a backup server to backup the main servers to nightly etc. With that, is their internal IP's or will the networking between servers be over the Internet? I don't want to use up bandwidth to backup between the servers 2 feet from each-other.

So basicly what have people's experiences been?I am with them for shared for one of my sites still, and my main Mac site is hosted with my friend. BTW How do you get Mac OS X to bind multiple IP's so some sites can have a dedicated IP? is it as simple as doing <VirtualHost IP adress>?

well, most people buy theyr low-end dedicated boxes... have not heard someone colocating with them, but they offer OK pricing...

The speed that really counts from the web server is "download" - server -> client connection. You should be able to test some speeds by uploading some large files to other hosts (that allow this) via FTP. Or perhaps, upload some test files on the boxes and download from other servers

Looks to me as if you have everything under control..Good Luck.