Sending Mass emails from Desktop or Host + VPS

Hello,

It is not about sending SPAM.

I have broadband from cable company and they do not let me send mass email (over 100) at one time. I guess on top of that Web Hosting company (having my domain) has some limit to use smtp.

I want to send text email (not HTML). I do not want to use Email marketing companies (as many suffix their brand in message) and perhaps ripe good benefits via viral marketing at subscribers' cost.

Option - A
    ===========
    I am thinking to use desktop (if technically feasible) and want to use mass smtp with VPS hosting company (if they are open), within their TOS though.

Can VPS somehow be used (for mass smtp) without relocating my domain to new VPS?

Would there still be an issue as I will be using Desktop and routing emails through cable's as cable's company's limit will still be enforced?

If answer is yes, I guess I am left with no choice but to use Web server based mailing solution.

Option - B
    ==========

In that case, I guess something like phplist needs to be used.

Then my web hosting company would still not be open to use their smtp (or might have set some limits on smtp), so presumabily some blending (using phplist on my hosting and mass smtp on VPS) can be tried.

Solution?
    =========

Am I thinking correct? If not, please give me some pointers to bring me to right track.

Any recommendation about VPS who may be open to mass smtp.

I am purposely not mixing multi-threading yet. QMail is default email s/w with my hosting and I guess VPS might also have qmail.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

How many emails do you plan on sending? If you could use a commercial script that didn't brand their company all over it and was completely anonymous to the end user, would you use it? What's your budget for hosting and the email marketing product combined? There are hosts that specialize in this type of service.

As long as your list was built in house, you could run the mailing software from a VPS without limitations as it's basically the same as a dedicated server. You should only be limited by bandwidth usage. Using your local cable company if your list is of any size wouldn't be practical.
    BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
    Build your own website powered by BannerOS with our DIY service.

Thanks...I will zero down VPS for mass smtp.

Qmail and Sendmail are standard with hosting companies. Are there any other choices for mass smtp [on linux]?

> If you could use a commercial script that didn't brand their company all over it and was completely anonymous to the end user, would you use it?

I have a php script written specifically for my needs, that uses while loop with mail($to, $sub, $message, $from) and hosting company's qmail. This does not have multi-threading and very very slow. I do need an alternative.

Please PM me more about your script. Thanks

how often do you need to do this? is there a budget? there is a desktop program (cannot think of the name) it can do multi threading and very easy to use... best thing, it is not buggy
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows