Fraudulent Order - Anne Boucher & myfratzia.org

Hi Folks,

Got a fraud order this evening. The criminal was attempting to order myfratzia.org along with hosting services. He/she ordered under the name Anne Boucher. I checked out the website for their email root@fratzia.net - http://www.fratzia.net and found some foriegn language links and MP3 stuff. Suspicsion #1. So I check the IP for the order. The IP is 193.231.103.10 from Romainia Hmmmm, a Romainian with a U.S. address. Suscpiscion #2. Finally I checked the phone. It was a Bermudian area code. Definately fishy. I looked up the woman on SwitchBoard. I found her real number and debated giving her a call. It was 11:00 p.m. Quite late, but if this was a fradulent order, I wanted to let her know ASAP. So I called and sure enough, she had no idea who I was.

This is my first fradulent order. I hear that the card companies don't seem to take much interest in pursuing these criminals. What suggestions do you have in who to contact for reporting this information? I'd like to be proactive helping to catch these guys, but I don't want to waste my time submitting information to a place that couldn't care less.

Thanks,

Brian

thanks for that help, us hosts do appreciate it...but be very careful when posting that here on WHT...if you're wrong(rarely would that happen), your up for a lot of problems...

use hostabuse.com instead....

Thanks for the warning. But considering I talked to Anne herself, I'm pretty confident about this case of fraud.

Brian

Originally posted by Brian S
    Thanks for the warning. But considering I talked to Anne herself, I'm pretty confident about this case of fraud.

Brian
    not saying you're wrong (and i know you're not)...but for future reference...you just never know....

Yep, I considered the information I had and what I was going to release. If I had any doubt, I wouldn't have posted. And I didn't post unecessary details, or anything that would release personal information about Anne (like her address or phone number, etc.).

Thanks for the link to hostabuse.com.

Brian