Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

Burstnet Closing Down as of July 25th

Offical Notice posted this morning on the Burstnet support website.

Dear BurstNET client,

It is with great regret that we inform you that all of your services with BurstNET will be terminating on your next billing cycle/renewal/current expiration of purchased services but in all cases no later than July 25th, 2014.

If you are a CO-Location client you can disregard this message. Your services will persist.

You will have until July 24th to migrate your services to other providers. On July 25th all services will be terminated.

We apologize for any inconveniences and wish you and your businesses great success.

Sincerely,

BurstNET
    Last edited by Postbox; 06-24-2014 at 11:43 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Moved for visibility to any existing clients...

Can't access their forum at the moment but looks like they moved their servers to out of stock at least.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-24-2014 at 10:51 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

I wonder if they've lost the court case around the leased server hardware? That or perhaps one of their other creditors such as their former landlord has managed to get an order to repossess their assets.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by haaser View Post
    Offical Notice posted this morning on the Burstnet support website.

Dear BurstNET client,

If you are a CO-Location client you can disregard this message. Your services will persist.

Sincerely,

BurstNET
    They forgot to add "except those of you we abandoned in Scranton a few months ago".
      3 Not allowed!

This is a very sad news to the industry.A company running for 10+ years had to close the shop down this way
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ankur123 View Post
    This is a very sad news to the industry.A company running for 10+ years had to close the shop down this way
    I believe they re-branded it so I take it closing down BurstNET now would stop the debt they owe, then start fresh under a new name.
      0 Not allowed!

Bye Bye Burstnet?

https://support.burst.net/index.php?...on-of-services

Looks like they're dropping all clients, but colocation clients. This comes after their recent and heavily botched migration from Pennsylvania to North Carolina.

Dear BurstNET client,

It is with great regret that we inform you that all of your services with BurstNET will be terminating on your next billing cycle/renewal/current expiration of purchased services but in all cases no later than July 25th, 2014.

You will have until July 24th to migrate your services to other providers. On July 25th all services will be terminated.

We apologize for any inconveniences and wish you and your businesses great success.

Sincerely,

BurstNET
      0 Not allowed!

Not at all surprising, though I thought they'd do a buyout scenario where Digiplus / whatever they're called this week purchsaed BurstNET's client lists. Maybe they lost a TON of clients, sank past the point of no return, and the VCs decided to liquidate them. If that's the case, look for a court-ordered auction of the tradmarks and physical property.

We were thrilled with their service and support right up until around the start of this year. Stuff just worked. They always went out of their way to help us out, above and beyond what you'd expect from a discount self-managed service. What a shame to see them flame out like this.
      4 Not allowed!

Closing down the entire hosting operation other than colo, wow. Guess there will be a lot of people looking for a new provider.
      0 Not allowed!

Angry BurstNET Update: Termination of Services

Just got this message on Burst.net support panel:
    (By the way my burst.net server is offline for one hour)

Dear BurstNET client,

Sincerely,

BurstNET
      0 Not allowed!

I just received this as well. It's for a single VPS I've resold too... any idea on a good alternative?
      0 Not allowed!

I've just received it. I have 2 dedicated servers with them. I need to find a new provider.
      0 Not allowed!

I also got this just now! very funny, I think they are the verge of bankrupcy
      0 Not allowed!

Are your servers online right now?
      0 Not allowed!

I wonder where all the clients will wind up...
      0 Not allowed!

I suggest you all start looking for a new home asap, that deadline can be cut short.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence-J View Post
    I suggest you all start looking for a new home asap, that deadline can be cut short.
    exactly, knowing them and all, been there done that!
      0 Not allowed!

Both servers are up and running.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mesahost View Post
    I wonder where all the clients will wind up...
    You're assuming they have any left
      1 Not allowed!

If they're dropping services on their net billing cycle, let's hope that those with PayPal subscriptions remember to do the same. (HINT!).
      3 Not allowed!

Who know what exactly DC Burst use in LA?
      0 Not allowed!

It looks like they're eliminating anything that isn't making them a profit. I can imagine it's tough to make a profit when the power costs alone are at least 50% of what you're charging for the server.
      0 Not allowed!

why used them after getting ton of issues past time, if you still with them you are not learn lesson
      0 Not allowed!

Odd.. Why they shutting down?
    Why not sell your clients off?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by forumtalk View Post
    why used them after getting ton of issues past time, if you still with them you are not learn lesson
    The problem solved itself just now.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast