Hybrid View

Virtual Name Servers

Hi,
    as you can see i am new to this forum and also to web hosting from a reseller point of view.

The supplier i have chosen for my new venture has offered me Virtual Name Servers for £120 per year, The only reason i can see is that the end user (my customer) won't then see who my supplier is.

any advice would be appreicated. i'm sure there will be more questions as i try and launch the website over the next couple of months.

Thanks in anticipation.

Welcome.

Find another provider first. Custom nameservers should be free, not £120 per year. (Maybe a small one time fee)

You can create nameserver entries on your domain name yourself or have the domain name provider do it. Then you use those in your reseller control panel.
    ☆☆☆ Cool Domain Names - DomainSale.link☆☆☆

As Gore said, there shouldn't be a charge to setup private nameservers. Unless the host meant, Virtual Private Servers.
    CrocWeb Cloud - High Availability Cloud Website Hosting
    > NVMe Storage, LSCache, Redis, Global CDN, Unlimited SSL
    > Triple Data Replication, Automated Server Failover
    > Bad Bots, Malware, DDoS Protection

I'm new in reseller hosting business. Private Name Server is FREE.
    I'm using crocweb and they give me full Private NS. So, when i checked at intodns.com no crocweb label there

Before adding such unneeded expenses to your hosting, better ask yourself how many of your clients will actually be tracerouting your name servers to find out all the network hops including some router of your upstream provider? Most of the shared hosting hosting customers don't even bother running ping tests before they buy, so white label name servers are hardly needed.
    Managed1.com - Affordable budget Fully Managed Hosting Services for individuals and business clients. Website Hosting. Domain Name management. High Availability Cloud servers - 99.9% Uptime, Self-Healing Failover, Load Balancing and Mirrored Backups.
    Whisperdale.net - Internet Service Provider since 2007!

Yeah, sounds like it's time to look around. Most reseller accounts come with vanity / unbranded so you can "hide" who you actually host through.

At the end of the day, anyone who really wanted to know, and knew how to find out, could pretty easily track who you were with.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Is this the name server fees or your reseller hosting ?

Most cPanel reseller's use the option to allow unbranded nameservers meaning that you can use your own domain name servers. They should not be charging you for custom name servers.

<<<snip>>>
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 02-24-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: remove manual signature