Thumbs down Hostican - CAN'T

I feel compelled to share a very negative experience about Hostican. They were recommended to me by a colleague and good friend.

I took a look at their site (very slick) and the offer (slick also). I decided to sign up for their VPS offer last night. From there it has been a nightmare. Their confirmation e-mail promised me that the VPS service would be activated in 6 hours. It still isn't (22 hours after my order).

I have attempted to get my login credentials 4 times. Twice by chat. The first live chat resulted in a promise to get the service started pronto (that was this morning). The second Live Chat resulted in a cheeky exchange with someone who told me that if someone promised me service sooner than 24 hours - I should speak to that someone. So I called. Got a nice fellow who promised to e-mail me my credentials "right away". Still nothing. And yes my e-mail is working just fine. Then I tried Live Chat - down, down, down. So I called - got voicemail this time. Left a message - no call back.

Next step - I canceled and asked for a full CC refund.

Their post-sales service is absolutely lacking in all respects.

Let's see what happens.

Motto: " If it is too good to be true - It is"

These guys get a thumbs up for marketing and a thumbs down for delivery.

Joom,

This thread title made my day. I must ask though, although it sounds ridiculous - wait two weeks or so until you can properly evaluate them before asking for a refund.

I hear you. But I cannot afford to deal with their ineptitude. Go to their site. Try the Live Chat. It may be up. Call them.... may get through, may get voicemail. First impressions are important. The site is cool. Signup is easy... and then BAM, they fall flat on their faces. I shudder to ask how they man their facilities and with how many people. They way their guy dealt with me on the Live Chat is ludicrous.

Okay I feel better now!

;-)

Haha, sometimes (I confess!) you just need to vent! Well, I'm sorry that you've had such a poor experience with them. I tried their phone - voicemail, as well as live chat is offline - so I do see your frustration! Although, I can vouch for some providers do taking a message on their phones, in which representatives call back. But, I guess the choice is yours.

Poor experience indeed but what is their policy for account setups? Does it state 24-48 hours anywhere? Although when they said they would send it 'right away' it would be better to do so.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

Did not find anything that indicates setup times but online chat they indicated it normally takes 4-6 hours.

http://www.hostican.com/company/terms.php

Hostican Policy

Quote Originally Posted by eclouds View Post
    Poor experience indeed but what is their policy for account setups? Does it state 24-48 hours anywhere? Although when they said they would send it 'right away' it would be better to do so.
    The Activation E-mail I received said 6 hours.

* Hostican - Some Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by joomlales View Post
    I feel compelled to share a very negative experience about Hostican. They were recommended to me by a colleague and good friend.

I took a look at their site (very slick) and the offer (slick also). I decided to sign up for their VPS offer last night. From there it has been a nightmare. Their confirmation e-mail promised me that the VPS service would be activated in 6 hours. It still isn't (22 hours after my order).

I have attempted to get my login credentials 4 times. Twice by chat. The first live chat resulted in a promise to get the service started pronto (that was this morning). The second Live Chat resulted in a cheeky exchange with someone who told me that if someone promised me service sooner than 24 hours - I should speak to that someone. So I called. Got a nice fellow who promised to e-mail me my credentials "right away". Still nothing. And yes my e-mail is working just fine. Then I tried Live Chat - down, down, down. So I called - got voicemail this time. Left a message - no call back.

Next step - I canceled and asked for a full CC refund.

Their post-sales service is absolutely lacking in all respects.

Let's see what happens.

Motto: " If it is too good to be true - It is"

These guys get a thumbs up for marketing and a thumbs down for delivery.
    In all fairness I am adding to this post. I let my friend who recommended Hostican know about the troubles I was having. He was very perturbed as he had been recommending them to everyone he knew. He promptly wrote to their Affiliate Manager.

I received a phone call this afternoon from their Affiliate Manager (Denis) who showed genuine concern about my complaints. He allowed me to vent and proceeded to offer me my money back if I still wished to leave. He also promised me one month free hosting. Since we spoke he has followed through on his promise to get me my login details.

I will try their service and see if it works as advertised.

Stay tuned for more posts.

Quote Originally Posted by joomlales View Post
    In all fairness I am adding to this post. I let my friend who recommended Hostican know about the troubles I was having. He was very perturbed as he had been recommending them to everyone he knew. He promptly wrote to their Affiliate Manager.

I received a phone call this afternoon from their Affiliate Manager (Denis) who showed genuine concern about my complaints. He allowed me to vent and proceeded to offer me my money back if I still wished to leave. He also promised me one month free hosting. Since we spoke he has followed through on his promise to get me my login details.

I will try their service and see if it works as advertised.

Stay tuned for more posts.
    Its good to hear that all this got resolved. When people talk about you its always good... better then not being talked about at all.

I am having VPS with HIC, their setup time really takes more than 6 hours, however I am still happy that chosen this company, their support is really superb.

Is GeneSteinberg still around? He was praising HostIcan