Thread: ethical seo?

Hybrid View

ethical seo?

Would putting your keywords and phrases between comment tags <!-- --> in the code of a page be considered ethical seo?

I don't know about ethics but I have a strong feeling that google, yahoo and MSN can understand what is comment and what is content, so those keywords may not help that much.

I personally using that and yet not get penalized.

That is keyword stuffing! If you can try and make a sentence out of it
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Google and Yahoo aren't creating idiots spiders. These spiders are much more intelligent when it comes to detecting keyword spamming and stuffing. You will get your site penalized for that action and do not regret your action if you want to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rif Chia View Post
    Google and Yahoo aren't creating idiots spiders. These spiders are much more intelligent when it comes to detecting keyword spamming and stuffing. You will get your site penalized for that action and do not regret your action if you want to try it.
    I quite don't understand why a site will get penalized for commenting in blog putting single keywords in comment tags <!-- --> the keywords that represent a site, and that is moderated & allowed by a blog owner.

Quote Originally Posted by infinite_in View Post
    I quite don't understand why a site will get penalized for commenting in blog putting single keywords in comment tags <!-- --> the keywords that represent a site, and that is moderated & allowed by a blog owner.
    Inserting keywords in areas that human can't see is as good as black hat. Comment area that describes a particular action without excessive keywords stuffing is ok. It is not that you do not get penalized, it is yet to be penalized. It takes quite some time in order to penalize every BH sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Rif Chia View Post
    Inserting keywords in areas that human can't see is as good as black hat. Comment area that describes a particular action without excessive keywords stuffing is ok. It is not that you do not get penalized, it is yet to be penalized. It takes quite some time in order to penalize every BH sites.
    sorry I disagree, many people use keywords in meta tags, that is already recommended, I use different keywords when I comment in blogs from years and get quality backlinks to my sites/blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by infinite_in View Post
    sorry I disagree, many people use keywords in meta tags, that is already recommended, I use different keywords when I comment in blogs from years and get quality backlinks to my sites/blogs.
    Hey i think you are talking about a different subject. What the thread starter is trying to say is about comment tags in page codings. Not commenting in blogs. Get yourself clear on the thread, don't post for the sake of posting.

Quote Originally Posted by splitz
    Would putting your keywords and phrases between comment tags <!-- --> in the code of a page be considered ethical seo?
    It is my understanding that spiders ignore the contents of "comment" tags. In other words, adding "comment" tags full of keywords would do you no good (with respect to raising your visibility for the keywords you're stuffing into your page).

Note: You might not be penalized by the search engines, simple because their spiders skip of the tags' contents entirely (at this current stage of spider development). But you won't be helped, either. So what's the point?

Eliz.

Google spider is definitely much smarter than most people think. It will index only visible and useful content. Yes, it can understand useful content! It doesn't index most navigation links, copyright texts, garbage text (full of keywords), repeated content etc.

Adding keywords in comment tags will make no good.
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!