I feel like I'm so far behind! I haven't done much with web pages in three or four years. Someone recommended this site on another message board and I've been reading posts for four or five hours now. I would like to set up a small 4-5 page website for about 30 similar collectable items. I would be happy to get a couple orders a week so this will not be a high volume site at all. I would like to implement a shopping cart system that does not cost much or anything at all, and looks professional. I am going to spend some time on this to make it look really well done.
I already registered the .com name and went with hosting from 1and1.com. I would like to create this page using Frontpage 2000 or 2002 since I am familiar with those and could make changes easily. I'm looking for a fast and easy setup. I would also like to have the site integrated with USPS Shipping Assistant and Froogle although it's not completely necessary. As far as payment methods go I am mainly relying on Paypal. I do not have a merchant account and since much of my business would coming from my Ebay customers they will likely have a Paypal account. I would like to give them the option to pay with a money order although that's not necessary either. I need to get a direct merchant account! The best thing I've found so far is from thetemplatestore.com. I wouldn't be surprized if some of the regulars on here have similar if not better templates done up. Email me if you have something available.
After this project is done I have about three more I would like to do. If I could use the same software I purchased for this one it would be a bonus. I would really like to learn all the secrets of this trade. I'm and self-employed with one partner and all we do is sell online. I find everything about the online marketing process very interesting. There seems to be enough competition in the hosting, designing, advertising, and registering business. I like the idea of marketing my own in hand goods implementing everything I know about selling online. I'll admit I probably know far less than most of the users on this forum.

Who should I go to for a template or store design?

What kind of ecommerce software would work best under my circumstances?

Your help would be appreciated. TIA