[Review] 4 month Medialayer review

So I found Medialayer through WHT. I was looking for someone to host me that had good support, and it would be easy to upgrade with. Starting off let me point out my weakness's of reviewing them. The main weakness is that for this time I have only been in development so I have not really been able to see how Medialayer does under stress.

Everything else though is spectacular. Litterly there support always gets back to me in 5 minutes or less (often less). They are also more then willing to ago above and beyond for me. Right now I am not a large client at all, shared hosting with a smaller package, but they have catered to my every need as if I am there sole customer and am signing off on all of there paychecks single handedly. The support is so good I feel bad. Thats right, I feel bad. This was a HUGE factor, as personally I think support is the most important.

As far as uptime goes it has been pretty superb. The only complaint is that it seems like they are growing extremely fast, and have had a number of upgrades. This has meant there has been some tricky stuff - never any downtime that lasts for awhile, but I constantly feel like my hosting is evolving, which is good, but kind of unnerving to not have a steady setup. Sofar though this constantly changing environment has not caused any real problems.

The sparknotes version is, Medialayer has been amazing. I would not dream of changing hosts, and could not see any reason why I would want to for the rest of the time I am on the computer. There prices may be a little high, but if you appreciate great support and quality, its much worth it. I would pay twice what I am paying now.

- Ian

MediaLayer definitely shows quality over quantity. I was never hosted by them but I can tell by their pricing structure and such.

Glad you are having a good experience with them.

And I think I kind of know what you mean by they are growing fast with upgrades. They used to use ClientExec but now they have a custom myLayer or did they just change the sign in page? Some kind of confusion there.

Anyways, nice job ML .
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

Maxian,

It's relieving to see someone who cares about service and support rather than big numbers. Your review was nicely written and is sure to help someone else in this community.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

Quote Originally Posted by HostRefugee-Vince
    Maxian,

It's relieving to see someone who cares about service and support rather than big numbers. Your review was nicely written and is sure to help someone else in this community.
    Could not agree more. So many people are taken in by these "big numbers" in resources and but do not realize the power it takes to run those resources. ML has gotten some great reviews here, so chalk up another win for ML. Also, welcome to WHT Maxian and keep us updated on your experience when you get that 1 year point . Take care!
    SwiftModders - Premium WHMCS Themes, Blesta Themes, and WordPress Development
    View my top-rated WHMCS Themes trusted by over 1,000 businesses!
    █ Now offering Blesta Themes to transform your Blesta client area!

Excellent review. The staff behind MediaLayer (specifically layer0) are very intelligent and really know web hosting. I would advise anyone looking for application hosting to check them out.

Great review, nice job.

*gasp at Dave sighting, lingers back into his jungle as he stares at Dave*
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

Ian,

Thanks for the review! You are a pleasure to do business with.

Quote Originally Posted by Anantha
    And I think I kind of know what you mean by they are growing fast with upgrades. They used to use ClientExec but now they have a custom myLayer or did they just change the sign in page? Some kind of confusion there.
    We're working on customizing the ClientExec skin itself at the moment (as you see the login is done as are other parts of the panel itself), however we do have some more "custom" things in the works as far as myLayer

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Thanks for sharing your experience with us Ian. Glad to hear that you've found your perfect host. With layer0 running the show, I don't think you can go wrong

Keep up the good work!

Ian, nice review! I don't believe I've read any negative feedback thus far on MediaLayer. To layer0 and staff, keep up the great work!