stopping fraud orders...paypal

Hi,
    If I only sell to people who have had their addresses confirmed by paypal will this reduce the amount of fraud orders I get?
    I'm also trying to block people from high risk countries from viewing my site, Vietnam in particular, does anyone know of a way of doing this, software/scripts or anything?
    Thanks
    John

Yes, it may reduce the amount of fraud, but if they pay using PayPal you have to remember that they had to at least confirm their bank account (thus eliminating most fraud). However, requiring confirmed addresses will most definitely keep you safe, especially since PayPal provides insurance against fraud if the address is indeed confirmed (I believe that's how it works).

As for blocking countries, I think there are some threads lingering around here with IP block lists. You'll have to search around for them.

A confirmed address doesn't mean that the paypal account hasn't been illegally taken over by someone other than the account holder.
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Verified status helps, and will prevent many fraudulent transactions. Accepting only Verified members can unfortunately lose you some potential clients. Often times it is best to verify the order yourself by collecting the IP address and seeing where it traces back. Saving the clients phone number and giving them a call if anything looks suspicious is a very effective way to prevent fraud.

In general, if you have an international unverified customer be careful. Simply sending them an email can throw red flags. If the email bounces, or the person never responds, it is a good sign that the order is fraudulent. In many cases, crooks do not like to respond to their emails since it is possible to trace their IP back. If you have doubts, simply do an IP trace or give the customer a call at a convenient time.