Should ticket support staff sign non-competition contract?

Hello!

Should distance staff on per ticket salary sign a non-competition contract saying not to work for a another host, when there is just some tickets/day?

I do understand that if a person works heavy for one host, of course a non-competition contract should be signed, but if it's not possible to make a living from working for one host, it would be of interest to apply to more hosts.

I might apply for such work in the future and was just thinking about how it works.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think it is reasonable to ask an "independent contractor" to sign a non-compete, nor do I think you could enforce it.

What you can do and is probably enforceable would be to have them sign a non-solicitation agreement. This is a similar agreement to a non-compete but is much more inforceable (at least in our state). What the agreement says is they may not solicit any of your customers for business for a period of time after they end your relationship. Because they are not an employee, you should probably have it include the time they work for you too.

Any decent attorney can draft this up for you fairly quickly and inexpensively. This was recommended to us by our attorney as non-competes are very difficult to enforce and what you really care about is your customers. If your prospective employee has a problem with this, there may be a problem with the employee.
    Brad @ Xiolink
    XIOLINK. Your data...always within reach.®
    http://www.xiolink.com
    1-877-4-XIOLINK [+01 314 621 5500]

i agree with Brad

its a good idea, but there is no way you could enforce such a rule. I might do something similair to what you suggested though Brad. Seems like a very good practise

I dont think it's a good idea,people that work of the net have 2 jobs why shouldnt people on the net have 2 jobs?

Dosent make a difference if it's for the same type of company.
    Shawn Auton
    Racked Hosting
    Web Hosting, Unmetered Dedicated Hosting and SHOUTcast Hosting

well im neutral on this . i have given up on selling webhositing and i stick to mainly server administration and support. and i dotn like the idea of sticking to one person very much. thats just my opinion
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance