Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi Everyone,
    I don't want to interrupt the flow of this thread because open discussion like this is very good. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

I just want to confirm that we do provide proactive service restoration and that I would be happy to investigate any tickets where the response time was too slow. Just Private Message me and we can go from there.

Thank you very much.
    Travis Stoliker
    Liquid Web - Dedicated Hosting with Heroic Support
    StormOnDemand - Flexible Cloud Hosting Infrastructure
    1-800-580-4985 | Twitter: @liquidweb | @StormOnDemand
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks Travis for hitting us back on the post.

0 Not allowed!

god bless you LW , keep up the good server deals
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jerett
    Is there such a thing as a true proactive provider that will actually email you with notifications when there are issues with your server but not to worry - because they are already looking into it? And I mean a true email - not something set up through monitoring software like nadios or hybodus where they just customize the outgoing warning message to make it appear they are readily on the case.

(starbucks venti latte yum in the tum break)
    Jerett,

For the right price there's anything available. Your best bet might be to see what smaller companies are willing to do or whether technicians at one of the providers are willing to go that extra step on your behalf, even though it really should be included in the first place.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWebTravis
    ...I would be happy to investigate any tickets where the response time was too slow.

Thank you very much.
    Please do. I really hope you do because that is the only thing that would stop me from giving LW at least a 9/10. Seems to me that you guys are a little short staffed on the tech support end. Reduce the support ticket response time and your happy customers would be delighted, and its delighted customers that will always evangelize for you.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down Bad Sales Support

I called Liquid Web's sales line and found the representative I was talking to to be very bored sounding and extremely unhelpful. He gave short answers to my questions and even some sarcastic answers. For example:

Me: Could you explain the In/Out Bandwidth?

Sales: ..There is in bandwidth and out bandwidth

Me: ... um.. ok, could you explain what each is?

Sales: You get in bandwidth and out bandwidth. Like you walk in a door and you walk out a door.

No joke. He simple wouldnt explain what in and out was, uploads? downloads? Is it when users visit the site, whenever they download a picture, that counts as up? But if they upload a picture that counts as down? If so, 98% of the traffic would be up, so splitting the bandwidth in half doesnt make sense unless just to say you offer more bandwidth.

In addition, I asked him what he would recommend for our site, explained what it was, and all he could offer me was to go on the website and configure it myself. I just wanted advice.. I guess they dont educate their sales staff.

Needless to say, LiquidWeb was one of many hosting providers I called that day and we will not be using them.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BHNSupport
    They do proactive server updates. If a new kernal comes out in a week time all servers have the new kernal, security update, ect.

They do actively watch the servers; however, if they miss the server being down because of apache or ftp is the only one down you cannot blame them for it when your not doing your job on the server side.

They will install, update, and support software within their scope and tech support does go out of the way to help you. As long as, you call to start the process you are fine. Our servers do not go down because of the fact that we have LW on speed dail and the server(s) are well tuned.

So does this mean their statement isnt true?:

"Liquid Web "Heroic Support"
    - Liquid Web's highly trained staff monitors your system services 24/7 to ensure service consistency and availability. If a problem is detected, our experienced and trained technicians get paged and incident response is nearly instantaneous, mitigating the impact of any service or hardware failure to the highest possible degree. As we own and operate our entire data center directly, we are able to respond quickly and efficiently to issues of any impact level. From simple software service failures to catastrophic hardware failures our on-site level 3 technicians are able to react without delay, 24 hours per day."
      0 Not allowed!

my 2 cents

I have been in the web hosting business for 6 years, went from reseller accts to vps's then to dedicated servers with liquid web.... dont worry, go with liquid web, they are just as good service wise as the better vps providers, their management of my dedicateds is nearly perfect in every way.
    I made the right choice when moving to them.
      0 Not allowed!

I have had a VPS and a Dedicated with them for over a year now and have nothing but good things to say about them for the most part.

If you call them, you get your problem resolved fairly quickly. The ticket response time does seem to take a while longer, but I prefer to talk with them over the phone any way.

As far as managed, yes they do take proactive steps to keep your box secure from the basic intrusions and of course it depends on what you signed up for, but that is not to say you also can not do the same. A good administrator will secure their box on top of what the provider does anyway.

If your box gets rooted because of something you did, you can not blame the provider for not catching it.

I have no problem recommending someone to LiquidWeb.
      0 Not allowed!

Support ticket take me about 5 mins to get a return... even if I write -LOW PRIORITY - NO EMERGENCY - in the title!
      0 Not allowed!

I should add that larger companies will have different people for different jobs. The tech support guys will be the more experienced ones whereas the sales reps are sometimes dopes who just know basically how things work and have read the website. Stupid as this may sound, it solves a lot of customers' problems!

If you have a problem with the sales guys you should ask to speak to billing as that's usually done by upper management. I was looking at a VPS with Adiungo and got very unhelpful and rude replies from 2 sales reps, but I spoke to one of the billing guys and got a straight responce.
      0 Not allowed!

Hey Everyone,
    Wanted to chime in hear with my "TWO" thumbs up for LW. I have been with them approx. two years and currently have about 12 dedicated servers with them.

Approximately 8-10 months ago there were a few issues that I had to escalate to management. To be honest I do (and did at the time) feel it was a growing pains situation. Since that time I have only had a handful of tickets that I feel took a little too long to answer.

Even with those issues I feel LW is a GREAT choice for a datacenter. Their uptime and stability is second to none. I can comfortably say that because I have used roughly 10 DC's in the 7 years that I have been doing this.

At one time I had all my servers in one DC but they sold out to another provider and the servers were moved at 11pm on New Years Eve with only a few hours warning. This situation made me adapt the idea that I need to spread things out.

However, because of my experience with LW I am considering bringing every machine over there. This would be a total of 25-30 boxes.

I hope you find this useful info and LW will get some of your business.
    Best Regards,
    Mike Allton
    ASU Service
    http://www.NetBizHelpers.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Myke
    So does this mean their statement isnt true?:

"Liquid Web "Heroic Support"
    - Liquid Web's highly trained staff monitors your system services 24/7 to ensure service consistency and availability. If a problem is detected, our experienced and trained technicians get paged and incident response is nearly instantaneous, mitigating the impact of any service or hardware failure to the highest possible degree. As we own and operate our entire data center directly, we are able to respond quickly and efficiently to issues of any impact level. From simple software service failures to catastrophic hardware failures our on-site level 3 technicians are able to react without delay, 24 hours per day."
    Well in my experience, it just is NOT true! Unless my servers are failing more frequently than I would like to know about, I have ALWAYS had to contact them when I found one or both of my servers dead in the water.

Now lately, it appears their tech support just wants to point the finger elsewhere rather than tackle an issue. Intermittently, BOTH of my servers will become completely unresponsive for a few minutes, then suddenly "wake up" again. I have members on my own forums now complaining about it, so it is not something on my end or my ISP. Traceroute doesn't show any issues, and ALL of my requests for help from LiquidWeb have been just finger pointing to an external problem and NOT the data center. My latest request to have my two boxes moved to a different rack was met with basically "NO, we are not going to do that."

So am I the ONLY one having problems at LiquidWeb? I can see if one server were the only one getting the hiccups and could then say that maybe it is just the box itself, but BOTH of them? Since multiple people from all over the country are having the same problem, that sort of rules out external influences to the data center, I think.

So I am now at the point that I have to seriously consider just going to another provider. I certainly can't just accept the problem and let it continue if they are not willing to make a REAL effort to diagnose the problem and fix it.
      0 Not allowed!

For the longest time I was having problems with accessing the servers (not totally offline but just hiccups like you said) It had something to do with the ISP but now that you mention it, I really do believe the issue HAS to be looked at more thoroughly. I mean it cant just be a couple ISPs having this issue.

Having said that, lately I have not noticed those sort of problems.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Myke
    I called Liquid Web's sales line and found the representative I was talking to to be very bored sounding and extremely unhelpful. He gave short answers to my questions and even some sarcastic answers...
    If you don't like this type of stuff, don't become a customer of Ev1 Servers.
    Mark A. Mutti, Los Angeles
    mark.mutti@phirefast.com / (818) 358-1161
    PhireFast: Drama-free Hosting, Awesome Support (Since 2004)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z
    Well in my experience, it just is NOT true! Unless my servers are failing more frequently than I would like to know about, I have ALWAYS had to contact them when I found one or both of my servers dead in the water.

Now lately, it appears their tech support just wants to point the finger elsewhere rather than tackle an issue. Intermittently, BOTH of my servers will become completely unresponsive for a few minutes, then suddenly "wake up" again.

Rich,
    I am sorry that you are having problems with your servers. Can you private message me or email me your ticket numbers so that I can look into it for you? I'll be happy to provide you a detailed honest explanation and SLA credits where appropriate.

I'm sorry that you've had this problem. We'll work together to get everything squared away.
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

Rich,
    I am sorry that you are having problems with your servers. Can you private message me or email me your ticket numbers so that I can look into it for you? I'll be happy to provide you a detailed honest explanation and SLA credits where appropriate.

I'm sorry that you've had this problem. We'll work together to get everything squared away.
    PM sent........ Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Run for the hills

Many of you may have read my previous post below. Well, I'm here to let you know I retract this statement and advise you look elsewhere.

Support beyond basic items has become none existant. In the last three weeks I have had several issues that have been totally ignored unless I raised hell. One never did get sorted out ... thankfully cPanel worked on it for me even tho' the license was through LW.

One more ding for you ... just discovered they closed a ticket that was NOT resolved!

I'm off to find a new provider ... just can't do this any more.

Quote Originally Posted by asuservice
    Hey Everyone,
    Wanted to chime in hear with my "TWO" thumbs up for LW. I have been with them approx. two years and currently have about 12 dedicated servers with them.

Approximately 8-10 months ago there were a few issues that I had to escalate to management. To be honest I do (and did at the time) feel it was a growing pains situation. Since that time I have only had a handful of tickets that I feel took a little too long to answer.

Even with those issues I feel LW is a GREAT choice for a datacenter. Their uptime and stability is second to none. I can comfortably say that because I have used roughly 10 DC's in the 7 years that I have been doing this.

At one time I had all my servers in one DC but they sold out to another provider and the servers were moved at 11pm on New Years Eve with only a few hours warning. This situation made me adapt the idea that I need to spread things out.

However, because of my experience with LW I am considering bringing every machine over there. This would be a total of 25-30 boxes.

I hope you find this useful info and LW will get some of your business.
    Last edited by asuservice; 11-27-2006 at 05:02 PM.
    Best Regards,
    Mike Allton
    ASU Service
    http://www.NetBizHelpers.com
      0 Not allowed!

Hi. Our site is hosting on their a managed server. Their average email response time is a few hours. But I don't like their some services. For example; they don't accept online payments by credit cards if you don't come from US. If you want to upgrade your VPS to a dedicated server when they don't move your data to new server. This is very bad.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by asuservice
    Support beyond basic items has become none existant. In the last three weeks I have had several issues that have been totally ignored unless I raised hell. One never did get sorted out ... thankfully cPanel worked on it for me even tho' the license was through LW.
    Mike Alton,
    I'm sorry that you are unhappy with your service but I do not see anything in your account that indicates we were ignoring your issues. Can you please private message me the ticket numbers of the issues in question so that I can verify your experience?

We take these accusations very seriously and will investigate this issue completely to ensure all of our customers are getting excellent service.

Thank you.
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dhcart
    Hi. Our site is hosting on their a managed server. Their average email response time is a few hours. But I don't like their some services. For example; they don't accept online payments by credit cards if you don't come from US. If you want to upgrade your VPS to a dedicated server when they don't move your data to new server. This is very bad.

Dhcart,
    Thank you for your comments. Are you a Liquid Web customer?

The information you provided is not correct. Liquid Web DOES accept credit cards outside of the United States. How did you come to this information?

Additionally, our average response time is _significantly_ less than a "few hours." Can you please direct me to the ticket you are referring to?

Please try to limit your comments to your personal experience for the sake of accuracy on this forum.
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

hmmm I had an account with Liqiudweb for a little over 2 years and only had one issue with this jack*ss named Brett Other than that they were great for an easy no hassle vps solution.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z
    PM sent........ Thanks.
    Did you get your issue(s) resolved?
      0 Not allowed!

The support of Liquidweb sometimes is unfortunately bad, in my case have taken 18 days in repairing a failure in Cpanel.
      0 Not allowed!

Exclamation

Dhcart,
    Thank you for your comments. Are you a Liquid Web customer?

The information you provided is not correct. Liquid Web DOES accept credit cards outside of the United States. How did you come to this information?

Additionally, our average response time is _significantly_ less than a "few hours." Can you please direct me to the ticket you are referring to?

Please try to limit your comments to your personal experience for the sake of accuracy on this forum.
    I am not Liquid Web customer. But our site is still hosting on your managed servers by another company.

Maybe some times your email response times less than 30 minutes. But some times it's more than one hour.

Your sales department say: "Your order will require phone verification". So you don't accept "online payments" by credit card(if require phone verification then name of this is not online payment). And our phohe is closed for international calling!

Also Why you don't move their data to new server if customers want upgrade their VPS (or reseller) account to a dedicated server? I think you have your own data center, isn't he? If so, is this operation hard? You must do it if you want to give a good service.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast