Question Super professional help needed (After a resolv edit the horror story start)

Hello Everyone ,
    Firstly I am the owner of www.NokiaGate.com website , My problem start in 22 Jun , I have 2 servers hosted with SoftLayer , In 22 Jun , I had reboot my servers , one of them didn't start and then SL said that it's was a reslov problem and we fix it , after that day , I start seeing all my websites traffic start go down , I check Google Analytics and the visitors number is going down everyday , I open a ticket and say that to SL and i think it's was a DNS problem they tell me after a lot of replys that they fix it and i must wait for 72 hours that need for the dns to be updated worldwide , I didn't say that SL support is bad no they are very very helpful support and many thanks to them , but i wanna to listen to your opinions here about my problem , and from where it's ?
    Thanks
    xNokia

<<attached file removed by request>>
    Last edited by bear; 08-03-2008 at 07:18 AM.

Theres a few problems with your DNS server:
    http://www.intodns.com/nokiagate.com

I don't think thats the cause of the traffic drop though, as it opens fine and checks out ok from around the world via Alertra.
    Have you checked your server logs?

If its a resolv.conf issues, confirm that is fixed.
    Run nslookup www.webhostingtalk.com

Hello,

I'm assuming the domain name in question is nokiagate.com.

$ dig nokiagate.com NS +short
    ns1.downlk.com.
    ns2.downlk.com.

$ whois nokiagate.com|grep "Name Server"
    Name Server: NS1.GOWUS.COM
    Name Server: NS2.GOWUS.COM

$ dig nokiagate.com @ns1.downlk.com +short

$ dig nokiagate.com @ns2.downlk.com +short

All fine so far. but your whois has NS1.GOWUS.COM NS2.GOWUS.COM.

$ dig nokiagate.com @NS1.GOWUS.COM +short

$ dig nokiagate.com @NS2.GOWUS.COM +short
    dig: couldn't get address for 'NS2.GOWUS.COM': not found

NS2.GOWUS.COM is missing glue recs and/or DNS A record. Some DNS servers will use NS2.GOWUS.COM and your domain name won't resolve.

I think that's your problem. Login to your registrar and replace ns1/ns2.GOWUS.COM with NS1/NS2.DOWNLK.COM. Hope this helps.

Regards
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    Server Management - Unlimited Servers. Unlimited Requests. One Plan!
    cPanel Varnish Plugin -- Seamless SSL Caching (Let's Encrypt, AutoSSL, etc)
    Slow Site or Server? Unable to handle traffic? Same day performance fix: joe@unixy

The problem start from 9 days ago , The dns and everything fine , i just change it yesterday and now i re-config it to be fine , but i just want to know why is my traffic is dropping down not only for NokiaGate.com also for a lot of sites in my server all of them traffic going down , I hope to get help .
    Thanks ,
    xNokia

Go to :

http://host-tracker.com and check if the changes you have made are completely propagated.

Perform a complete DNS lookup using :

http://www.intodns.com

Download VisualRout program and check the route to your server and observe the percent of packet loss , especially via Savvis network.

Check your log files and make sure you are not under attack , check all of mail logs , server logs and host logs.