Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That's kind of interesting ... HostCharge and now Paysystems.

2checkout next?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by adland
    ...When PayPal started it may have been solely P2P, but I don't think you can classify it that way now. The fact you can conduct recurring transactions contradicts the notion that its only P2P.
    There is still a big difference between how Paypal (et. al.) operates and traditional merchant account solutions and they should be classified differently. The big difference is the fact that:[list=1][*]The merchant does not have it's own merchant account therefore charges will appear on the cardholder's statement as "Paypal" (or whatever)[*]The customer, as far as the VISA and MasterCard is concerned, is doing business with Paypal -- the actual merchant is not recognized and has no legal bearing in disputes[*]Because the legal transaction is with Paypal, any disputes happen between the customer and/or the merchant and Paypal[/list=1]
    What is strange to me is that the card associations have regulations in place and the government has laws that disallow what is called "factoring", which loosely translates into processing one merchant’s transactions through another’s account -- this is what these "third party" solutions are doing. These regs and laws are intended to prevent fraud and money laundering. How they are skirting the rules is beyond me. But that is another topic...
      0 Not allowed!

i prefer paypal, and if i go to buy something on the net, i tend to buy that something from a company with paypal, as i dont have a creditcard, and i dont live anywhere near the US, AND if i did have a CC, i wouldnt give anyone my CC details...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by OctaneDesign
    i prefer paypal, and if i go to buy something on the net, i tend to buy that something from a company with paypal, as i dont have a creditcard, and i dont live anywhere near the US, AND if i did have a CC, i wouldnt give anyone my CC details...
    This is a key difference between US mentality and the mentality of most of Europe (and other parts of the world), and it is a factor if you plan on having any significant European presence.

What I don't understand (being from the US and all ) is why a debit or wire transfer transaction seems safer to than a credit card transaction in the "peace-of-mind" aspect? To me, the risk of someone empting a credit card "paper money" account is far less of a concern than someone empting my banking "real money" account, the big difference being that I can still pay my bills while I dispute any fraudulent transactions.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by shift4sms
    What I don't understand (being from the US and all ) is why a debit or wire transfer transaction seems safer to than a credit card transaction in the "peace-of-mind" aspect? To me, the risk of someone empting a credit card "paper money" account is far less of a concern than someone empting my banking "real money" account, the big difference being that I can still pay my bills while I dispute any fraudulent transactions.
    It is easier to dispute (and have more backing) with a credit card company. With a bank account (debit or transfer), the bank doesn't have quite as many resources... or else does not use them.
      0 Not allowed!

or else does not use them.
    Right! It's not their money being lost.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by adland
    Right! It's not their money being lost.
    So true, so true!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12