Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

http://greenvaluehost.com/ was gone ???

I try to access to greenvaluehost homepage and i got a default apache http page. What's the happen with GVH ???? I'm going to buy a VPS from them
    Last edited by Postbox; 06-24-2014 at 06:19 AM.
      1 Not allowed!

Maybe this will help out, not sure if it is associated. I last looked at that thread earlier this morning.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/297...tions-director
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NodeWest-Joshua View Post
    Maybe this will help out, not sure if it is associated. I last looked at that thread earlier this morning.
    wow, I've just known their discount, and now i want to try but this news is too bad I hope they'll keep those discount when they're coming back.
      0 Not allowed!

Let hope they get there head together.
      0 Not allowed!

Their website/billing system/database where hijacked/compromised so it seems that they are just re-installing everything...
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FredQc View Post
    Their website/billing system/database where hijacked/compromised so it seems that they are just re-installing everything...
    Hmmm on the same day someone step down
      0 Not allowed!

Good Afternoon All,
    The thread on LowEndTalk and VPSBoard have gotten quite long so let me sum it up. Everything I am about to say are facts that can be verified by reading the threads.

1) Jon did not step down or resign. John posted the story to revive some faith in the brand after years of mismanagement. Furthermore, he created several Alias accounts to help lend credit to the post. Jon is still very much at the head of the sinking ship.

2) GreenValueHost's Solus and WHMCS were both hacked and ALL information seems to be in the hands of another person. I am not going to post links, but there are some PasteBin URLs that indeed have the contents of the WHMCS admin users including password hashes.

3) GreenValueHost's WHMCS and Solus are both offline, likely due to the hack. It is unclear weather it was taken offline by GVH or by the attacker.

4) After being called out/exposed, Jon decided to threaten to kill himself on the thread with a knife. A few concerned members have called the police for a welfare check,

TL : DR;

If you are a GVH customer, this is bad. All customer information has been leaked and it is likely that the attacker could have gained access to customer VPS's.
    -If you still have access to your things, make a backup NOW!
    -Change ALL passwords

I am not sure if they can recover in a timely matter so I would advise you consider moving hosts (For reasons 1 and 4 of the list above)
      1 Not allowed!

That's what happens when kids run hosts.

Suicide notes:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gvh-suicide-threats1.png   gvh-suicide-threats2.png  
      2 Not allowed!

Yikes, this looks worse than Burst.Net.

I'll add the KMyer's list that a lot of the hostility is from other hosts from what Ive read, and arguably deservedly as reputation of similar low priced offerings is dragged further down, possibly including the whmcs hack and DDOS mentioned in that thread. Even if one overlooks the recent episodes the drama queen has I still wouldn't want to be with a host that is so highly resented.

I mean WTF, who puts a press release in third person, that the owner (and still owner) of the company has resigned from one fancy bedroom title to another title, kids

If you're still considering buying a VPS from them then nothing anyone can advise on here can help, consider burst.net as well...
      0 Not allowed!

Oh no... need to check all my accounts now.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NodeWest-Joshua View Post

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/297...tions-director
    Lots of fierce criticism going on there.
      0 Not allowed!

so they've gone, right ????

So what's next for GVH ???
    do you have any other choice for cheapest VPS like them? or where they have discount for annualy payment for the same configuration or tiny lower.

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ronglonton View Post
    so they've gone, right ????

So what's next for GVH ???
    do you have any other choice for cheapest VPS like them? or where they have discount for annualy payment for the same configuration or tiny lower.

Thanks
    people really need to start realizing that all of these companies that are crashing...are crashing BECAUSE they are offering all of these packages for tiny prices that are not sustainable. Looking for a company with the same type of offers is probably not going to turn out any better for you.

However, as much as I hate to see this happen to clients...something like this is never worth anyones life, so whether he's just trying to make a scene or not...I hope Jon is ok and doesn't do anything rash.
      1 Not allowed!

omg I've seen a lot of big hosts crash like this but this has gone to the next level. Also, WHMCS has been hacked more then once so not a solution I would use.
      0 Not allowed!

I checked the threads mentioned. Looks like malicious target by competitors; and also unsustainable business model for their business practice.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel B View Post
    people really need to start realizing that all of these companies that are crashing...are crashing BECAUSE they are offering all of these packages for tiny prices that are not sustainable. Looking for a company with the same type of offers is probably not going to turn out any better for you.
    For the sake of Jon, I hope he gets the help he needs. First and foremost.

But I agree with your post. There's a never-ending stream of customers going with the cheapest host they can find, then being shocked -- SHOCKED -- when it goes under. Then they jump to the next cheapest host they can find, and are once again shocked when it goes under. Wash, rinse, repeat.
      2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    If you are a GVH customer, this is bad. All customer information has been leaked and it is likely that the attacker could have gained access to customer VPS's.
    -If you still have access to your things, make a backup NOW!
    -Change ALL passwords

I am not sure if they can recover in a timely matter so I would advise you consider moving hosts (For reasons 1 and 4 of the list above)
    Quoting for truth. Once passwords are compromised all bets are off. If these are OpenVZ nodes, I'd go one step further and assume each individual VPS has been compromised. At that point the only safe solution is a complete reinstall of everything (no backups). You never know where a malicious payload has been dropped.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahosting View Post
    omg I've seen a lot of big hosts crash like this but this has gone to the next level. Also, WHMCS has been hacked more then once so not a solution I would use.
    What billing system do you use then?

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    2) GreenValueHost's Solus and WHMCS were both hacked and ALL information seems to be in the hands of another person. I am not going to post links, but there are some PasteBin URLs that indeed have the contents of the WHMCS admin users including password hashes.

3) GreenValueHost's WHMCS and Solus are both offline, likely due to the hack. It is unclear weather it was taken offline by GVH or by the attacker.
    What I want to know is how did the hacker access their systems, could it happen to the rest of us using WHMCS?
      0 Not allowed!

At this time we do not know the cause of the breach. We have access to all of our servers; Our client area is back online (still being worked on), SolusVM back online (pending DNS modifications, SSL), we're working on the finishing touches and should be back up with everything soon. Clients will be notified about what occurred over email. No nodes have been affected. All clients' virtual servers have remained SAFE.
    Last edited by GreenValueHostGM; 06-24-2014 at 10:11 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by S-Jack View Post
    What billing system do you use then?
    A worse one.. BoxBilling! haha.

On topic though, this thread is just a sign that Jon is immature making lies which are serious, the company's staff apparently use aliases which makes you wonder who is who they say they are.

Their new Director of operations owns another company.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenValueHost View Post
    No nodes have been affected. All clients' virtual servers have remained SAFE.
    Someone posted earlier that a SolusVM database was dumped, and it's not hard to find links that seem to confirm this. If their passwords (even hashed) were leaked, the only prudent move is to assume that the servers have been compromised.

Can you publicly confirm that your databases were NOT leaked? How?
      3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    Can you publicly confirm that your databases were NOT leaked? How?
    He can lie about it (he's very good at this)

Note to customers: assume everything is leaked, because it was
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ri4u View Post
    I checked the threads mentioned. Looks like malicious target by competitors; and also unsustainable business model for their business practice.
    I doubt it.

We are talking about two different machines on two different service providers that are running different environments and even hypervisors.

Screams either 1) inside job or 2) Somehow some credentials were able to be stolen from machine 1 to access machine two. Something like say the use of SolusVM admin password as also the root password to the machine.

Just so everyone is clear here:

Quote Originally Posted by GreenValueHost View Post
    No nodes have been affected. All clients' virtual servers have remained SAFE.
    From what it reads, their hypervisor controller, SolusVM, was rooted. So while the message reads

"At this time we do not know the cause of the breach."
    "No nodes have been affected. All clients' virtual servers have remained SAFE."

There seems to be not only a contradiction but mass confusion of what actually occurred. In this scenario, its a safe bet your services are not safe. Not to mention the WHMCS was rooted, which likely also has your server information.
    Last edited by SPINIKR-RO; 06-24-2014 at 11:58 AM.
      1 Not allowed!

Correction to my previous post: Virtual server data is safe, and node configurations have been untouched. It looks like the hacker simply logged into the SolusVM server and did an rm -rf, then went and deleted all the other files without doing anything else. The "leaked" SolusVM admin table looks half forged, half legitimate (It's NOT a complete table). We're still investigating all the data we have available and shall be sending out further updates ASAP.
      0 Not allowed!

Posts that may coincide with the inside theory: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/com...Comment_633407

VERY clear that GVH has fouled up so bad that posting here saying things are safe goes to show the real value their customers are to them.

Correction to my previous post: Virtual server data is safe, and node configurations have been untouched. It looks like the hacker simply logged into the SolusVM server and did an rm -rf, then went and deleted all the other files without doing anything else. We're still investigating all the data we have available and shall be sending out further updates ASAP.
    The WHMCS was compromised! Does that not include ANY information about VMs? If thats the case, should you be able to prove nothing was stolen off the hypervisor THEN maybe you can say the VM information is kinda but not really secure....

1) This was more than likely a inside job
    2) Just look around at how many people apparently have access to all of the servers, all third party people
    3) GVH is currently using third parties to assess what occured

I mean there is literally 0 control or guarantee of anything. The entire assets of the company is not even in the hands of the owner. I cant even... Look on the other forums at just how many people have access to this stuff, the DB teaser apparently had old hosts as admins in their WHMCS, they are using third partys for support and given access to their systems... I mean its like swiss cheese.
    Last edited by SPINIKR-RO; 06-24-2014 at 12:27 PM.
      1 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast