Need a few quick webhost reviews..

All right, as some may know, I just requested some hosting and several companies replied.
    Now comes the time of researching their customer satisfaction.

Out of all the offers, which in fact were all very good, I have narrowed it down to a possible five finalists:

[list=1][*]BinaryWeb.net[*]WWM.net[*]CredibleHost.com[*]PrimePlans.com[*]FSHost.net[/list=1]

after researching and making full use of the "Search" function here, I've found great reviews of CredibleHost.
    My choices so far are CH and BW.
    Binary didn't actually post, rather, IMd me about it, and I checked out their offers.

It seems like a nice package, however, I ahve not been able to find any reviews about the other four hosting companies.

Does anyone have anything to say about BinaryWeb, WWM, PrimePlans and FSHost?

(Obviously I'll assume users suchs as fshost will come to defend their company, but while that's good and all, could u guys post some testimonies? Reviews by other users are better, but if you can point out your own limitations -there is no perfect company- it'd be helpful.)

My quick response would be to try my host, I haven't heard anything about the ones you've mentioned.

I'm clueless on those host. I never heard of them. Where did you find them at? All I can say is try the SEARCH button in the forums and see what comes up.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

Originally posted by intellec
    I'm clueless on those host. I never heard of them. Where did you find them at? All I can say is try the SEARCH button in the forums and see what comes up.
    after researching and making full use of the "Search" function here,
    I think that's been covered.

Originally posted by intellec
    Where did you find them at?
    Like I said, I requested some hosting..
    here's a direct link to the thread (it's in the Requests forum)

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=148903

If they have forums, check them out. A forum's activeness often gives a good indication of credibility.

Originally posted by plugged
    If they have forums, check them out. A forum's activeness often gives a good indication of credibility.
    Not neccessarily. Most of my clients don't use the forums. They prefer to talk to me directly.
    Bonnie - http://ansmediagroup.com - http://peachydomains.com
    Hosting since Aug 3, 2002 - Domain Registration since Feb 26, 2003
    Former CredibleHost clients can access their domains at http://access.enom.com to update their dns entries. I may be contacted for any reaons by emailing me through these forums.

Yes, I've noticed that as well.
    Most forums of the companies only have around 20 registered members at max, and only a few posts.
    That isn't too helpful, so I'd prefer people who've actually used their services..
    Surely since all these companies have been here for a while that some users might be able to talk about them. However, if the wait is too long (I can wait until the latest June 30th. I plan on activating my account the latest July 1st), I will IM the companies and judge for myself...

So.. anyone wanna say anything about these?
    anyone? *looks around desperately*

Not to mention, as has been pointed out here before, that a host's forums are easily manipulated to remove negative postings, uptime/downtime stats, etc...