White Label Live Streaming

I want to start offering live streaming packages to my existing and potential clients. We service mainly churches and non profits so the streaming would be for live services.

I need help going in the right direction. I have no idea where to start and we of course want to be profitable.

1. We would want a software/encoder for pc and mac that could connect to the server
    2. We would need to have a website that gives user ability to login and manage their platform, download encoder software, setup broadcasts, and that is searchable by the public to view on the site while the live event is going on.
    3. We would need to brand the players and give the end user the ability to brand their player
    4. End user should also be able to login and download embed codes
    5. Would also like to have a chat feature that can be turned on or off in the live feed site as well as our searchable site
    6. What kind of server should we have to start and what would we need to do?

Ok.. hopefully some others out here can get me started in the right direction.. or even help me get to this goal...

Thanks!

We're actually tackling this exact scenario pretty directly right now. Here's how we're approaching the items you mentioned:

1. Flash Media Live Encoder is going to be the most practical option for churches. It's free and gives a straightforward interface for streaming up to three different bit rates simultaneously. Settings can be saved into presets and loaded for each service.

2. What do you mean that it should be "searchable by the public to view on the site while the live event is going on"?

3. We're using Flowplayer, which is extremely customizable. Settings can be saved into a user's account and written into the embed code dynamically, which is very helpful.

4. Embed codes are a must, and we also like the idea of an "online campus" page that includes the code already. This gives additional flexibility to hide the player when events aren't live, show countdowns, etc.

5a. Chat features are great for interactivity, although I personally like them the most when moderated by a staff pastor or volunteer who can guide conversation or moderate other users. I've seen a few chat sessions alongside streaming church services that wandered into discussions the church certainly would not have condoned...

5b. What do you mean by your "searchable site"? How are you hoping to integrate this?

6. If you're looking for a streaming server, you have a few options. We decided that the best option for our purposes was to partner with a CDN to handle streaming delivery. We're very happy to with Akamai, who has been phenomenal to work with. They generally say it's more cost-effective to work through their resellers for bandwidth commitments under 100 TB/mo, but you'll have to work with them directly if you need to track and bill usage for your own clients. That still requires pretty hefty commitments.

On a small scale, you can lease Flash Media Server instances on Amazon's EC2 server, or use Wowza servers. However, scaling that to meet the demand of hundreds of Sunday morning services would probably be impractical to manage as a side service for a web hosting and design company. Someone else might be able to weigh in to the contrary.

Honestly, I think you've got the right idea about looking for a white label solution, because web video technologies change pretty rapidly. I can let you know how things develop as we continue working on our project.

Hope this helps!

Josh

Which company offer White Label Live Streaming ?

We service mainly churches and non profits so the streaming would be for live services.
    Why do you feel that this will be a good business model when so many companies provide free live streaming to faith-based organizations?

Techee,

Well it is pretty simple

1. We deal with churches everyday and so we get requests weekly for this paid service thus it is needed

2. The free services you are talking about make you have online ads for things that the church may not want to promote through their church...

3. Free services have alot of limitations as well that we want to surpass.

Anyone else with a solution instead of questions to me? I asked the question to get help not to be questioned as to why I want to do it...

Thanks

As wellis mentioned, a lot of those services are ad-supported (ustream, justin.tv, livestream, etc), which makes a lot of churches uncomfortable since they can't control the ad content they're associated with. Free services also don't typically offer some of the higher-quality features that many would like, such as HD, mobile versions (more specifically, HLS for iOS devices), adaptive streaming, and DVR, not to mention technical support. Paid services don't have to be expensive, though.

I honestly don't know of anyone who currently offers a white label streaming service like this, though.

Josh

contact sales team of www.streamingvideoprovider.com . they work on only streaming solutions. May be you could get some help.

The link looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by optimusone View Post
    contact sales team of www.streamingvideoprovider.com . they work on only streaming solutions. May be you could get some help.