Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

45$ logo design contest - hosting company

Hello all...

The site is http://www.thedotcomcompany.net ... yet another web hosting company

I do not have anything specific in mind... this is quite open ended

Play with simplistic and designy... and anythign else you might think would look great. I really want a hardcore tech, simplistic, corporate look... so i think this warrants vector graphics.

The operative words for this logo are:
    CORPORATE and FUNCTIONAL

Also, feel free to play with colors.

Also, i do not want

I will decide the logo I like best and constantly give feedback throughout the contest. I will give very direct and blunt feedback, so as to try and not waste any of your time at all... so if it comes across wrong, please do not be offended, that is definitely never the intent.

This logo will be used for the web, possibly print and any other media.

Rules:
    1 Winning entry provides all source files (.png or .psd)
    2 Two copies... one at web resolution... 2nd at very high res.
    3 Winning entry releases ALL rights, copyrights etc..
    4 If no suitable logo is produced, no winner will be selected
    5 Contest closes SUNDAY, January 12.

I will be up front and honest with everyone... I am a very critical person, and have an annoying high "level of excellence" (but I DEFINITELY understand 45$ isn't much [to say the least] )

This contest was also posted at Sitepoint Forums:
    http://www.sitepointforums.com/showthread.php?t=136986

45$ goes to the winner (if one is selected)

Also, I will probably be running a contest for a redesign of the whole layout pretty soon (unless I produce anything I like, which probably wont happen since I am so critical)... utlizing the winning logo (IF one of selected).

I'm really excited about seeing how this develops.

Thank you guys for your time!!!

Jonathan Prisant

Size?

Also one thing that's really messing me up here is the capitalization... is there any way exactly you want this Capitalized? IE: DotCom, Dot com, Dot Com, dotcom. Also about whether DotCom is one word or two. It's one on the site but I'm unsure.

Here's an entry, though I'm a bit unclear as to what exactly you are looking for: Entry #1
    Last edited by Xshare; 01-05-2004 at 07:05 PM.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    MSN=xshare101@hotmail.com
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

You would like a vector .psd file?

Is .ai file acceptable?

TIA,

--Brian

concept

Here is a simple approach at it:

DotCom

Thanks

Tried a few in the colors of your webbie, avail in every format, color, font etc.

http://multimedia.nurples.com/dotcompany.gif
    Last edited by ic3d; 01-05-2004 at 09:27 PM.

Cursal - To be completely honest, I do not know what the .ai file format is... could you plesae enlighten me

Spiderweb - I would liek to stay away from keyboards, mice, etc in the design because they aren't techy (literally and figuratively) enough.

ic3d - I am going to further look over these and post more information asap.

Thank you very much for your participation.

Jonathan

Thanks for the reply

*.AI is an adobe Illustrator file, most likely they contain vector files. You probably already know, but a vector format can be resized to unlimited sizes, unlimited times without quality loss, bitmap files (such as *.bmp & often also *.psd) are limited to 1 size, resizing will reduce quality.

My offers are Here

Modifications upon request.

--Brian

Size and formats of choice can be provided, .psd included. Original is .ai

Cursal - these are not very logo-y... I am going for a stand-alone logo... The bottom left logo looks too much like the Macintosh face... the rest just dont look like logos.. Changing the text and/or color isn't sufficient

an example of somethign I kind of like is in the upper left of http://rock.jazzerace.com/layouts/nelogic2.jpg

Thanks !

Jonathan

i'll submit one soon

5 Contest closes SUNDAY, January 12.
    there's no sunday 12 January....
    It's monday on 12 January...

sorry if I understood it wrong,

x.c.

Hi,

Tell me what you think of this:

geocities.com/gamingusaveo/dotcom1.gif

Hello again,

Here are a few more:

geocities.com/gamingusaveo/dotcom2.gif

I can use a different font or color.

Sorry for no direct link, for some reason it doesnt work for me.

Okay tried another 2, both should look like balls (dots), so it aren't the usual random swooshed you see so often everywhere

Both again vector, so usable for print & web, any size etc.

I know see it says dothosting instead of dotcompany, i will change that later this week, at least you'll have an impression.

http://multimedia.nurples.com/dotcom.gif

Sorry about the day misunderstanding... I copied and pasted from the Sitepoint Forums posting, with slight modifications....

the correct deadline is MONDAY Jan 12

Jonathan

here's mine:

http://www.xblock.net/Logo/thedotcomcompany.gif

hope you like it

Wolfwars - These logos tdo not look very professional. They are way too busy... and the neon colors. The second set, the first two look blurry and haphazard, they are also confusing to the eyes.

ic3d - The first sample looks like two things trying to eat each other. The points "in the back" (lol if they were pac-men, the part "behind the head"??) look extraneous and create a sort of unneeded tension. For some reason, it conveys a feeling of being kinda cliche in a way.

The second sample looks very uncalculated, unintentional, and not geometic. It does not exude a sense of corporate identity.

Thank you very much for your participation.

I hope you have a nice evening.

Jonathan

Do you also already have any comments on the first set i created? Just curious.

Ok here is another try..I have a feeling you will not like it but tell me what you think. It is rough on the edges, but I can fix that. Do you like that shape?

geocities.com/gamingusaveo/dotcom4.gif

Also this first one I showed you, I can change the colors and the font. Take a look at this version. Maybe it looks better then the first to you?

geocities.com/gamingusaveo/dotcom5.jpg

Heres my entry:

Ive tried to incorporate 'techy', 'corporate' & 'simplistic' into one.

Looking at your other comments, you might think it is too simplistic...all feedback is appreciated though.

Logo Design

woldfwars - my early comments still stand. These logos do not scream "corporate identity"... they look accidental, overload complications, "bulky", and confusing.

likster007 - I like the idea, and I really like the representation, but I am trying to go for a standalone graphic logo .
    name. Please consult all previous feedback and the provided link
    ic3d - coming soon

I do not really want the logo to be incorporated into the company to the Sitepoint Forums Logo Contest (to see what i didn't like, as well as the further info about "what I am going for")

Thank you for your participation.

likster - perhaps come up with a graphical logo along side your current idea.... i would be vrey interested in seeing what develops from that

Jonatha

From what I've seen so far only 1 or possibly 2 logo's would match that of what I expect the customer is seeking.

The logo's do not show a ''professional corporation'' design, which I feel should be contemporary, original and basic. I think I might have a go at this myself also, although my thoughts of the design may also be different from what you may expect.
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

Originally posted by x.c.
    here's mine:

http://www.xblock.net/Logo/thedotcomcompany.gif

hope you like it
    Any comments, dotcomhost?

Sorry you didn't like the 1st round I subbmitted.

I will offer others that are more "icon" graphic oriented by Monday the 12.

Best of luck to all,

--Brian

X.C. - This more professional... the colorization, however is too complex. Also, the psuedo-3D perception initiated by the "orbit" creates a visual tension (IMO). Perhaps it requres too much focus and attention (which some might argue is good... but i dont believe this is done in that "good" way). I would definiltely be interested in seeing anything else you might be able to conceive.

Jonathan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast