Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your Dream Home..

Okie, assume you are full time webhost with good monthly income of $3-5K or wutever,Since your business is on internet, so u can operate from any part of the USA (maybe exclude alaska/hawaii) where you can have reliable internet access for usual 40-60 USD at max price for broadband home connection via cable or dish.

What will be your dream!

- Mine is below:

- Countryside type location
    -Lots of green grassy land with trees, and nice view, nothing less than 40-50 Acres and upto 200 acres or so.
    - nice furnished double story home on it, approx. area 3000-6000 sq ft (built within last 20-25 yrs)
    - swimming pool
    - around the year water/electricity/internet supply with no outages
    - decent road connectivity with near by big cities
    - waterfront if i am lucky otherwise its okie

Affordable Budget: should be less than $250K (preferably in $200K)

Where can I have it, which state, county etc

tell about your dream home also!!
    Last edited by HenryJ; 11-16-2004 at 12:03 AM.

A place with many rounded, green hills.
    My house would be under one of the hills, with a large tree on top of the hill.
    All the doors are round.

Infact, it would look a lot like these:
    This
    This

Several people have already done it, and once I'm rich....I'll do it too!
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Kansas City area, probably

If I had the money, I'd buy a tropical island and build my own house there with its own mini power plant and all the luxury (Satellite TV, phone, Internet), a yacht to reach the closest city/town.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers

btw what I meant by "dream home" is not something built on the clouds but something which you will really have in next coming years, so people be more realistic if possible while keeping your dreams come true!

I want to live in MA. It'd really be great to raise kids there...lots of good schools and universities.

I don't like the weather though...California is good

Now I can not buy this, but if I had the money it would be a house like that.

http://oldsite.helpusell.com/ofcs/li...?officeID=5003
    4th picture down

http://oldsite.helpusell.com/ofcs/li...ID=5003&page=1
    6th picture down
    7th picture down
    8th picture down
    10th picture down

http://oldsite.helpusell.com/ofcs/li...ID=5003&page=2
    1st picture

See with my dream house it would be in a wooded area like I live in right now. I would want maybe a two story house, 3 bath, 4 to 5 bed room, swimming pool, hot tub, about 17 to 20 acres of land.

Though for a good house like that with that much of land would cost around... $200,000.00 maybe more depending location, ect.

Oh the house would most likley be in Montana, because I love it here. I mean it is a great state, and the view is wonderfull. Also I might want another house in Nebraska. Houses in parts of Nebraska is dead cheap.
    I am back....

I would like to get a nice home on 10+ acres anywhere that it is really wooded but still not more than 30 mins or so from the city. 3-4 Bedroom, inground pool, 2-3 car garage and built in the last 15 years.

Right now I live in MA and I hate it, Guess its just because I have lived here so long and got sick of it, we own a townhouse in Florida we will probably go live in for a few years and then finally buy a real house a few years later. My ideal location would probably be somewhere like Columbus as odd as it may sound but the houses are cheap and it does not get too cold or too hot..

Wouldnt really matter to me where i lived.

Think about it in the long term, what would you rather have?

1. a big massive house 8 bedroom, 4 bathrooms etc..... but be on your own.

or

2. a perfectlly modest 3-4 bedroomed house and a family to be around.

Re: Your Dream Home..

Originally posted by HenryJ
    Okie, assume you are full time webhost with good monthly income of $3-5K or wutever,Since your business is on internet, so u can operate from any part of the USA (maybe exclude alaska/hawaii) where you can have reliable internet access for usual 40-60 USD at max price for broadband home connection via cable or dish.
    Not just any part of the world but on a beach with my laptop :: of course would need WiFi access on the beach.

Excluding Hawaii? I would say Cancun a/f WiFi access.
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

What will be your dream!

- Mine is below:

- Countryside type location
    -Lots of green grassy land with trees, and nice view, nothing less than 40-50 Acres and upto 200 acres or so.
    - nice furnished double story home on it, approx. area 3000-6000 sq ft (built within last 20-25 yrs)
    - swimming pool
    - around the year water/electricity/internet supply with no outages
    - decent road connectivity with near by big cities
    - waterfront if i am lucky otherwise its okie

Affordable Budget: should be less than $250K (preferably in $200K)

Where can I have it, which state, county etc

tell about your dream home also!!
    wow you can get a house and 40-50 acres for just $250k ???

. . . What will be your dream!
    We're building the dream home now! Here's some old simple (house is still pretty much like that, but with some changes etc) concept drawings of the house.

Although I wouldn't say it's our ultimate dream home. That would be something on the water, either a gated canal community block or beachfront block, but that's a few years away yet. I dream of buying a Million dollar block of beachfront land, and spending a Million building the house. That's the dream anyways.

But the home we're building now is a great home never the less. It's a 550m2 (60 square) home on a 1050m2 (1/4 acre) block on the escarpment with fantastic views. It's in a prettty exclusive area, with very nice homes etc. It's a 6 bedroom (yes we can fill the bedrooms ) 4 car garage (2 upstairs and 2 downstairs), with kid's bedrooms and huge 90m2 Rumpus room downstairs, and living areas and my own Home theatre/TV room upstairs. There's a great deck that overlooks the valley, and will be great in the mornings, eating breakfast out there.

The land was around 200k and we have 200k budgeted for the house building costs. Total cost around 400k for a ~650k valuation, seems I'm the Builder and getting all material at trade price (much less than retail), and doing most of the labor (concreting, carpentry, tiling, painting etc etc) myself, so that saves a LOT of $$.

Houses for me are a great way to "Dream Build". I love going and looking at the Million dollar homes in the canals and on the beachfront. I've had this dream of running my online business from my home office that overlooks the pool and the ocean/water, with the Yacht docked on my private jetty. That stuff really inspires me, and pushes me onwards!

Dream away people!!

sorry if my above post sounds like I'm bragging. I don't mean it to come off like that. I'm just very excited as 3 years ago we never dared dream we could be in this position, of building a 60sq home on a 1/4 acre escarpment block with no debt, so I hope it inspires some folks who dare to dream!
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Re: Re: Your Dream Home..

Originally posted by Bully
    wow you can get a house and 40-50 acres for just $250k ???
    I know of places in Montana, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, and Texas you could.

I'm in my dream house now, and we own it outright. About 3,000 sq ft, 2 story on 4 wooded acres, surrounded on 2 sides by tall, wooded hills. We have a pond, wildlife and quiet. We have decent internet (RR cable), a backup generator (whole house and then some).
    This is all I ever wanted, apart from perhaps a bit more land.

Total cost: 40K.

Only moderate dreams here.....

Total at least 0.5 acres of land, A two storied standalone house of some 4000 sq. ft usable space ( built in Victorian model ) in it, swimming pool, well maintained garden, and lush green lawns, a long driveway, Ivy grown walls.....

Dream away, friends
    ======

JackPot

Re: Re: Re: Your Dream Home..

Originally posted by acts837
    Yes Montana you can live great at a cheaper price. Let me find the place that is selling a 3 story house with a master bath that has a jacuzzi in it, 6 bedroom, 8 bathrooms (including the master bath), 3 car garage, open kitchen, formal dining area, plus a full basement. Land total is 190 acres.

$396,000.00

I think that is a good price. I am assuming places like new york, ect would cost an arm, a leg, a car, ect, ect. I heard like a studio cost over $1000 a month???? That is crazy.

Though parts of Nebraska (west south part) people are moving out of a town so fast that the house value dropped. You can get houses that are okay size (1 floor, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, okay front and back yard) for about $20,000.00. I am thinking about getting a house down there. It is where my grand mother lives, and it is really nice over there!
    I am back....

Re: Re: Re: Your Dream Home..

Originally posted by acts837
    you pay that much in England nowadays just for a 3 bedroom house with a small garden lol

My Dream home? A home paid off with no mortgage.

My dream home has unlimited space, unlimited beds/baths/garages and costs somewhere between $1/y - $2/y USD or, preferably free. I'm willing to pay for water and electricity, but only if it's from a reputable provider, I can't be subject to downtime.

http://www.mlsb.com/mls/property_det...0049961&list=6
    http://www.mlsb.com/mls/property_det...0079501&list=6
    http://www.mlsb.com/mls/property_det...0061157&list=6
    http://www.mlsb.com/mls/property_det...0034913&list=6
    http://www.mlsb.com/mls/property_det...0065722&list=6 I think I’ll go with this one…
    http://www.mlsb.com/mls/property_det...0046148&list=6 Or this one…
    http://www.mlsb.com/mls/property_det...0068328&list=6 This one is nice…
    http://www.mlsb.com/mls/property_det...0079058&list=6 Cool playground in the back for the rugrats…
    http://www.mlsb.com/mls/property_det...0073619&list=6 Wow…look at the master bath room
    http://www.mlsb.com/mls/property_det...0077173&list=6

In all seriousness…we’ll probably end up building a custom soon (within 1-2 years if that). We need a big house…have 3 kids and just found out yesterday, 4th and final is on the way. Plus…we have a lot of crap (full size air hockey table, pool table, huge sectional, Cal King bed, big office furniture that needs to be taken apart to get it out of the room its in now, etc… Probably end up just leaving it in the house. etc…).
    Steve @ Eye9FX Inc.
    ---Does your host have a curfew?---
    Visit the Eye9FX Auctions Going on Now!

MY dream home would be a custom built 100 million dollar spanish villa on the Malibu coast.

I live in my dream home.

We have a 5 bedroom house on the south east coast of Nova Scotia (just off the ocean), one of the most beautiful parts of the world

Much like Bob, this took us 3+ years to get (we bought it 6 months ago), so it just makes it all the more sweeter to not be stuck with a mortgage.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

Hey, the house I currently live in looks like all of your dream houses and costs about the same (at least compared to the market today). I'm mostly happy with it, but if I wished to have more, I would have had the following:

1. 48th-80th floor apartment in a large city.
    2. Silohome (oh... yes)
    3. Michael Dell's stuff
    4. That 20,000sqft house with six floors and three subbasements with four elevators.
    5. Five floor domeshaped pod.

Those should cost about the $1,000,000 range.

Originally posted by Rob83
    My Dream home? A home paid off with no mortgage.
    So true! Over here in Aussie, we call that "The Great Australian Dream", and it has certianly driven me.

Originally posted by Eye9FX
    . . . We need a big house…have 3 kids and just found out yesterday, 4th and final is on the way . . .
    Doh!

Congrats!! Those rugrats need their space.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast