* enom etp price too high?

hi,

i got an ETP account at enom directly many many years ago, i am the ETP myself. i can remember i got the 8,95$ pricing.
    no i checked back to that account after not using it a long time so my price for com/net/org already went up to 10.50$. how can that be ? is that normal ? i understand that there are no 6,95 accounts out there anymore, but moving up to 10.50 is quite a bit too high, although i spent a few thousand usd years ago on enom.

any ideas what to do here ? tipps to lower the price or better go and get a free enom reseller account from a maybe unknown etp ?

the registry raised their prices, which raised the price enom pays.

so enom passed on the price increases.

it's ok to keep the etp account, and have a cheaper account under someone else.
    Sneaky Little Hobbitses

The price has been going up due to the ICANN increases. All of the registrars are hit with the new charges, though some eat the extra costs to appear lower.

Is your ETP directly with enom, or though a reseller? Basically, costs are up $1.55, whatever level of reseller you were.

i know that icann raised the prices with 0,16$ or something.

1.55 ? pfu ... not good...

i'm directly with enom, no reseller.

icann raised their prices several times. It wasn't just a big $1.55 increase at once.
    We are probably set for another increase in a year or so.

I'm an ETP also. My pricing still at $8.50 according to the price list. Besides, .com prices never went up this year. Something odd here.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post
    I'm an ETP also. My pricing still at $8.50 according to the price list. Besides, .com prices never went up this year. Something odd here.
    My pricing is the same ast stub. Would have thought your prices would have gone up in line with ours.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

Mine has gone from the $8.95 to now $10.50 as well. Been using them for years. I have a few hundred names there, but it's to the point I may be moving to stay competitive.
    Maybe it's volume, or maybe the ones with large initial deposits didn't get the increase and the rest of us are footing the bill?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

You forget resellers having pricing $8.50 atm used to register domains at $6.95/year.
    So it's $1.55 increase for everyone.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post
    aha, strange ... what was your pricing at the beginning ? 6,95? so a rise of 1,55 to 8,50 ? right?

Reseller always have better price for the each certain domain name then any end user. I suppose that is normal.

They may want to handle large accounts only, so they keep higher prices for resellers who spend less.

think the lowest that enom do domains now is $8.50 which is higher than a number of other places, enom aren't strictly competitive any more based on price alone.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

Quote Originally Posted by atmike View Post
    aha, strange ... what was your pricing at the beginning ? 6,95? so a rise of 1,55 to 8,50 ? right?
    correct Mike. How about you? But that raise was some time ago, when Verisign last raised their prices. Not recently. So you were paying $8.95. so the increase is in line with mine? (actually smaller than mine, relatively). I don't see the beef?
    Last edited by stub; 04-04-2011 at 06:45 PM.

@atmike. You can get better prices by switching to a Reseller Account at an ETP $8.95.. $9.50. PM me if you want a $9.50 recommendation (at a good ETP... nothing to do with me). else look in the for sale forums.

IMHO, ever since enom changed ownership in 2006, they have become less and less friendly to their smaller resellers.

That is why I transferred out to Resell.biz. I'm not excited about the LogicBoxes control panel, but with the number of domains I have, the price difference makes up for it - $7.73 for .com domains.
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin