Cheap VPS from Canada?

Hi!

I'm looking for a cheap VPS from Canada. I'd prefer Xen/KVM but openvz can be fine at worse...

Any recommendations or hosts to avoid?

(Anything will do, I don't need a hi end VPS!)

Thanks!

I can provide you a few recommendations of companies I know that are based in Canada. I don't have any personal exp. with them I just know of a few of my friends work with some, and I have a service with one.

http://globotech.net/ - Company based in Canada nd Provides DDoS and Premium Canada Virtual Servers/Dedicated Servers/Collocation.

http://buyvm.net (frantech) - is based and founded in canada but I think there servers are hosted in Cali, USA.

TelVPS - They have vps's in canada but I've heard some poor things about them lately, please do research before trying them to make sure they will fit your requirements.

I hope this has helped :-)

Do you mean servers located in Canada or a Canadian company? I believe Frantech Solutions (BuyVM) is from Victoria, BC. They are well-known around here.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman047 View Post
    Do you mean servers located in Canada or a Canadian company? I believe Frantech Solutions (BuyVM) is from Victoria, BC. They are well-known around here.
    Yeah, But I do think he means the server actually being located in Canada some where not just the company based/formed out of Canada.

As I wasn't sure either so I recommend FT also - as I know they are based in Canada but there actually physical server location is at CoreSite at SJ, Cali I believe.

Hi!

Thanks for your replies.

Yep, I'd be looking for a VPS located in Canada.

I know frantech/buyvm, but all their servers are in the USA (but some IPs are, geolocalised in Canada if I remember well)

Thanks anyway for your answers!

Ask a Canadian host: Crocweb or Frantech/BuyVM.
    One of them probably knows best, even if not directly offering VPS in Canada.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

http://www.lowendbox.com/tag/canada/ might be a good place to start.

What is "Cheap" for you? What kind of resource are you looking for?
    UnderHost.comOffshore Hosting Solutions and USA/Canadian based servers.
    24/7 Rapid Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee / Shared / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated Servers
    Managed OnApp CloudUSA Cloud Virtual Datacenter - Dedicated and Scalable Resources
    Hong Kong - Netherlands - Canada - Caribbean - United States - Russia

cheap - max 10/15 dollars
    Ressources - not much, 128MB RAM/ any hdd space / min 100 GB transfert/month

From LEB link i did found serverica that can be interesting: XEN VPS @ netelligent DC but cheapest prices...

Quote Originally Posted by Laststop View Post
    I can provide you a few recommendations of companies I know that are based in Canada. I don't have any personal exp. with them I just know of a few of my friends work with some, and I have a service with one.

http://globotech.net/ - Company based in Canada nd Provides DDoS and Premium Canada Virtual Servers/Dedicated Servers/Collocation.

http://buyvm.net (frantech) - is based and founded in canada but I think there servers are hosted in Cali, USA.

TelVPS - They have vps's in canada but I've heard some poor things about them lately, please do research before trying them to make sure they will fit your requirements.

I hope this has helped :-)
    I think Frantech (and not their other company, Buyvm) offers VPS hosted in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    +1.

There's also some offers in the section of this forum. Do an advanced search for VPS offers and type "canada"

Good Luck!
    █ Pentester & IT Security Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Two (at least) of those providers are now history.

It depends on your definition of "cheap" of course, but when measured against the US yardstick there are few if any cheap Canadian VPS providers.

Unless you really require a physical Canadian presence, look south of the border for best value. Lots of US locations provide great connectivity to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by aitam View Post
    I think Frantech (and not their other company, Buyvm) offers VPS hosted in Canada.
    Alas, none of our services are physically based there

Much of our IP space geo-locates to Victoria, BC, though, if you're needing that

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Quote Originally Posted by helk View Post
    cheap - max 10/15 dollars
    Ressources - not much, 128MB RAM/ any hdd space / min 100 GB transfert/month

From LEB link i did found serverica that can be interesting: XEN VPS @ netelligent DC but cheapest prices...
    that is a pretty small budget for a XEN based VPS - though, 128MB is a pretty small requirement. Typically most xen/kvm/vmware types of providers would not offer VPS instances this small - maybe an openvz type of scenario or even shared hosting with cloudlinux would meet your requirements?
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

For what it's worth, I get a very good service (so good that I signed up here to mention them) from OpenVZ.ca (Joseph at media-hosts.com), at decent prices, hosted at CANIX Montreal.

Well, if I find nothing that fit my needs with Xen platform, I'll try openvz

Thanks for your suggestions!

Hello, If you are looking for a cheap and reliable host from canada, so, You may choose (iweb.com) its a company and registered in ontorio, canada.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by aria33 View Post
    Hello, If you are looking for a cheap and reliable host from canada, so, You may choose (iweb.com) its a company and registered in ontorio, canada.

Hope that helps!
    Iweb is not registred in Ontario (they are in quebec) but its reliable they do not offer cheap VPS through..

I suggest 4goodhosting, I'm with them for almost a month and don't have any troubles or technical problems.

Yeah correct, Sorry I made a mistake.
    But they provide reseller hosting its not unlimited, and if you want unlimited you may choose www.varyhost.com, I am approximately with them for 2months and i haven't seen any interruption in the service.

Quote Originally Posted by aria33 View Post
    you may choose varyhost, I am approximately with them for 2months and i haven't seen any interruption in the service.
    Please contact us to provide something to verify you're hosting with this company.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7746132
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by hitman047 View Post
    I had one with Frantech also for 1 month, they are very good, and also I saw many people recommend them. Also prices are very reasonable.

Cirrus VPS Hosting

I have used cirrushosting in the past, they are stable and been there for quite some time, ..but they are not cheap

Quote Originally Posted by KrisCoy View Post
    I have used cirrushosting in the past
    Why would you share an IP with the owner?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

https://www.lfchosting.com/vps-plans/ has Xen with 128mb memory, 10gb disk and 200gb bw for $42/year ($3.50/month)