ServerDivision.com = The worst webhosting experience I had. I wouldn't suggest them.

Had a Linux Reseller Plan with then.

Signed up based off good feedback I heard about them on this site, but after further research I see that most of their good feedback was based off Windows hosting packages.

My problems started since day which made me skeptical, but I said I'd stick it out for a month at least since the sites I were hosting with them were mainly in developmental stages anyway. I noted things down as they occured. Keep in mind this is all in one month. I cut it down to not make it a novel.

Day 1: Set up account. After about 22hrs of waiting I contacted support to see what delay was. Got not that “The account manager was ill last night. This isn't a technical support issue so I'm forwarding it back to Billng Department. He will respond to you today.” He? I was beginning to wonder if they were under staffed but within two hours I got login info so all was good for then.

Days 2 - 5: No problems that I noticed

Days 6-9: Had little sporadic downtime throughout the day/night. All cleared usually less than within 5 minutes so I didn't need to contact support.

Day 10: Afternoon. Can't connect to MySQL, Cpanel or email and static pages are loading slow. After 10 minutes I emailed support. Got a response 34 minutes later saying they are working on it. Site back online about 10 minutes later. Total downtime I noticed 54 minutes.

Day 13: Same problem as above. Emailed support, problem fixed. Downtime 25 minutes.

Day 14: Same problem as above............. Downtime 30 minutes.

Day 15: Same problem as above............. Downtime 46 minutes.

Day 16: Same problem as above............. Downtime 49 minutes.

Day 16: Same problem as above............. In addition to notifying support I requested my site be moved. Got story about they were looking into it yada yada yada it won't happen again. Downtime was about 10 minutes......... 5 minutes later I get an email again saying site was not fixed and they were working on it. 10 minutes later sie was back up.

Day 20: Site not loading at all. Requested server more again and got another story. Downtime was 24 minutes.

Days 21 - 28: I was away so I didn't go online, but moderators of a forum I run notified me of problems persisting.

Day 29: Can't reach site at all. Notified and requested server move. Got response 1hr 37minutes later that they were looking into it and my note about server move got skipped over. Downtime 1hr 50minutes.

Day 30: Same problem as above. Requested server move again. This time they emailed me the URLs of the sites causing the problem (I guess as proof they took them down) and assured me it wouldn't happen again. Downtime 20 minutes

Day 30: About eight hours later it happened again....... And of all time to happen the problem occurs right while I'm in the middle of a script upgrade so database got ruined. Nice goodbye present I guess. Luckily I always do backups so besides a waste of time it wasn't a biggie.

Other then that FTP was terribly slow throughout the whole month. I have a very fast connection and to upload a 6.8MB script took 45 minutes. Last, none of these problems had anything to do with my web sites. All of the sites I hosted were mine, one only had a single static page with a few words on it, and the others didn't even use 8% of account resources. Those sites were pretty much inactive adn in development.

The downtime got me mad but after the 2nd time I already knew it was no way in hell I'd use them as a reseller. I'd never have any customers. The thing that got to me is how they kept making up excuses about not moving my site, or ignorning it all together. I wouldn't advise anyone to use them. Not at least if you care about your site. In the time I hosted with them their site changed a few times. I noticed the 99.9 uptime guarantee was there when I signed up then I didn't see it, now I see it again. Seems it would be wiser to spend money on admins that knew what they were doing then site design, but that's just my opinion.

Only good thing I could say about them is they were able to cancel my account on the first request. Knowing them they'd probably mess that up to, but I already notified my bank I'm not worried.

Every host has problems with

1. Spammers
    2. DDoS
    3. High Usage Sites

Unfortunately, your attitude is a little too aggressive for my liking.

We had continuous DDoS on our Linux servers for days. We had problems with Spammers for days.

Now we've stated accounts can take up to 24 hours to setup. Extra-ordinary events do happen and our account manager was sick. I'm sure you get sick too sometimes.

After we removed 1 Brazilian Spammer and removed another DDoS targetted site, servers have been at 0.14 load ever since.

Your comments are most welcome but uncalled for.

Re: ServerDivision.com = The worst webhosting experience I had. I wouldn't suggest them.

Originally posted by Webhost81
    Knowing them they'd probably mess that up to
    This is totally unnecessary.

It is normal for a server to have a ddos, spamming, etc...

The most important here is ServerDivision was able to take care of it in a short period of time.

I am sure they are doing their best to provide good service. I've heard good things about them here especially when it comes to support.

Take Care!

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Originally posted by GIGANET

We had continuous DDoS on our Linux servers for days. We had problems with Spammers for days.

Now we've stated accounts can take up to 24 hours to setup. Extra-ordinary events do happen and our account manager was sick. I'm sure you get sick too sometimes.

After we removed 1 Brazilian Spammer and removed another DDoS targetted site, servers have been at 0.14 load ever since.

Your comments are most welcome but uncalled for.
    I would like to know your definition of attitude or being aggressive.

1) I never responded any way other than professional when contacing your staff. I never demanded or was rude. I simply asked "can you move my site to another server," or I stated "domain1.com is down, situation is reoccuring. please advise."

2) If setup had've take 48hrs it wouldn't have been an issue. My concern at that point was if their was only one person setting up accounts how many were availale if a server issue came up.

3) After I was told the spammer accounts were removed I still had problems, infact worse as noted on the last day in my first post.

4) If I had've simply been told. "No we can't move your account," or won't I could've acted accordingly from there. If my question is avoided that really doesn't help the situation. Only resolution was me leaving,

To Net I'm not sure if you read my whole post or not but I don't think having the same problem occur that many times a month is normal. Every host has downtime yes. In 6yrs or being hosted I know that. If I didn't know some downtime was acceptable I would've left after the first time. I don't think me being upset after all that combined downtime in such as short timeframe and lack of response to my question is too unreasonable.

To WN-Ali I have them moved with my other sites for now. Will just move to a good dedicated soon. I have other higher traffic sites elsewhere.

Michael,

I would like to know your definition of attitude or being aggressive.

1) I never responded any way other than professional when contacing your staff. I never demanded or was rude. I simply asked "can you move my site to another server," or I stated "domain1.com is down, situation is reoccuring. please advise."
    However, you are quite unprofessional in your attitude in your WHT post. Also your cancellation request was quite abrupt.
    2) If setup had've take 48hrs it wouldn't have been an issue. My concern at that point was if their was only one person setting up accounts how many were availale if a server issue came up.
    There are 6 staff members, orders are verified first be the accounts manager.
    3) After I was told the spammer accounts were removed I still had problems, infact worse as noted on the last day in my first post.
    Hence, why I've indicated the DDoS attacks. You cannot stop these!
    4) If I had've simply been told. "No we can't move your account," or won't I could've acted accordingly from there. If my question is avoided that really doesn't help the situation. Only resolution was me leaving,
    I see you've moved sublimehost.com to your home cable connection.

I'm also interested to know why you have 2 WHT accounts.

1) Who gave you permission to disclose any of my imformation on this forum? You just disclosed my name and one of my web sites. I'm sure that's part of our privacy policy to show customers information on the internet. Now that is professional.

Re: ServerDivision.com = The worst webhosting experience I had. I wouldn't suggest th

Day 1: Set up account. After about 22hrs of waiting I contacted support to see what delay was. Got not that “The account manager was ill last night. This isn't a technical support issue so I'm forwarding it back to Billng Department. He will respond to you today.” He? I was beginning to wonder if they were under staffed but within two hours I got login info so all was good for then.

Days 6-9: Had little sporadic downtime throughout the day/night. All cleared usually less than within 5 minutes so I didn't need to contact support.

Day 10: Afternoon. Can't connect to MySQL, Cpanel or email and static pages are loading slow. After 10 minutes I emailed support. Got a response 34 minutes later saying they are working on it. Site back online about 10 minutes later. Total downtime I noticed 54 minutes.

Day 13: Same problem as above. Emailed support, problem fixed. Downtime 25 minutes.

Day 16: Same problem as above............. In addition to notifying support I requested my site be moved. Got story about they were looking into it yada yada yada it won't happen again. Downtime was about 10 minutes......... 5 minutes later I get an email again saying site was not fixed and they were working on it. 10 minutes later sie was back up.

Day 20: Site not loading at all. Requested server more again and got another story. Downtime was 24 minutes.

Days 21 - 28: I was away so I didn't go online, but moderators of a forum I run notified me of problems persisting.

Day 29: Can't reach site at all. Notified and requested server move. Got response 1hr 37minutes later that they were looking into it and my note about server move got skipped over. Downtime 1hr 50minutes.

Day 30: Same problem as above. Requested server move again. This time they emailed me the URLs of the sites causing the problem (I guess as proof they took them down) and assured me it wouldn't happen again. Downtime 20 minutes

Day 30: About eight hours later it happened again....... And of all time to happen the problem occurs right while I'm in the middle of a script upgrade so database got ruined. Nice goodbye present I guess. Luckily I always do backups so besides a waste of time it wasn't a biggie.
    I'm interesting to know how did you record all of that???
    you have an info for 30 days and you recorded downtime by minutes!!!!

When you got downtime or problems, i dunno how can someone in trouble to concentrate in calculating Downtimes (by minutes)

Still i beleive that no server with 100% uptime. Also i beleive that serverdivision is one of the best so they are being attacked with spammers and ddos.

I'm a reseller customer like you with serverdivision, but i love their support and services.

regards

Re: Re: ServerDivision.com = The worst webhosting experience I had. I wouldn't suggest th

Originally posted by smiling4ever
    [B]Originally posted by Webhost81

I'm interesting to know how did you record all of that???
    you have an info for 30 days and you recorded downtime by minutes!!!!
    Whenever I sign up with a host or service I make a note of all problems I incur. Yes. Same with cell phone, car, etc.. If you don't keep records then you don't have proof. Information may also be useful I'm determining what's going on.

When you got downtime or problems, i dunno how can someone in trouble to concentrate in calculating Downtimes (by minutes)
    Don't quite understand your wording... I didn't calculate percentages. I just stated the dae/time server was down and for how long. Time was from when I first noticed it till when site went back up.

Still i beleive that no server with 100% uptime. Also i beleive that serverdivision is one of the best so they are being attacked with spammers and ddos.

I'm a reseller customer like you with serverdivision, but i love their support and services.
    It's not such thing as 100% uptime for a server. Same as a personal computer they need to be restarted, maintained, etc..

My original goal was to just post my experience and leave it at that. Serverdivision staff then came along and called me "aggressive" and talking about an "attitude," which I never showed them. Then display my name and one of my web sites on this forum without my permission (which I wonder why they still have my information on file anyway).

That wasn't enough though, they can't fix a problem on their site but they have the time to look up where my site is hosted and the fact that another username exists on this forum referring to a site I own (username wasn't active in almost two years, I forgot about it / don't even have access to that account or email, haven't represented any site or service in any post since I signed up with this username, and even more how is anything he/she posted about me relevant to his site?). That's just childish, and what I would deem *** unnecessary.

I think I would have problems with this host too, simply based on their responses to this thread.

First they say:
    It is aggressive to request to be moved to another server, when the server you are on has had consistent problems? I hardly think it is good promotion for your business to insult your clients whether they be past or present clients.

Then they insult the client further:
    However, you are quite unprofessional in your attitude in your WHT post. Also your cancellation request was quite abrupt.
    I saw nothing unprofessional in the original post, except for perhaps using the wording "mess that up too". Which isn't unprofessional as much as just poor wording. Since when is being polite but abrupt a bad thing?

Detailing the client's personal information without permission is extremely unprofessional, and seems to have been used as some sort of vengence tool. This fact alone would make me steer very wide and clear of any services this company would have to offer.

People are well warned to stay away from this company if this thread is an example of how clients are treated.
    Last edited by MMMedia; 10-04-2005 at 09:31 AM.

GIGANET, you need to revise your approach here. I am sorry but you are coming off more unprofessional than the client is.

Surely hosts have issues, but that in no way takes away the right of the client to complain. Infact, complains keep us hosts on their toes.

Some hosts will never learn that the very best thing they can do sometimes is just -shut- -up-.

Giganet: http://www.serverdivision.com/aup.php , second to last paragraph. Read it.

smiling4ever, smart, organized people manually log everything from the first hint of trouble to resolution. If Webhost81's actions in this regard look unusual, it's because most people are neither smart nor organized.

-B

I agree with Yash, GIGANET needs to act more professionally. I did not find any unprofessional comments except "mess that up too" in the original post.

I understand that all web hosts have issues with DoSS, spammers, etc... but that does not mean that you treat your customers with no respect. If the customer is complaining, you do your best to accommodate their needs, or explain the situation in a polite manner.

Originally posted by MMMedia
    I think I would have problems with this host too, simply based on their responses to this thread.

First they say: "Unfortunately, your attitude is a little too aggressive for my liking."

It is aggressive to request to be moved to another server, when the server you are on has had consistent problems? I hardly think it is good promotion for your business to insult your clients whether they be past or present clients.
    That was my whole point. I don't see anything aggressive in "asking" (not demanding) to be moved to a server that had less issues.

As far as my cancellation being abrupt. I was unsatisfied with service for basically a whole month. Why would one think I'd want to do anything other then leave? In fact I cancelled and asked for my account to be deleted with over 20 days left on what I paid for not using 1% of it. I was charged a second month as I left my site active with them while DNS changes went through. I could've requested account be closed at the end of this month when billing period occured or waited to the last day to request it. Maybe that would've been better?

I've issued you a full refund for the entire duration. Eway Gateway will have this back to you shortly.

I would also like to admit my own personal attitude and like to apologise deeply to you for any past events. I guess it takes a few people to point it out to me. I understand its not good for business.s.

Deeply sorry and thank you for having patience.

Your apology says alot about your character. You should be commended for looking at the situation and clearing it up.

So where are you hosting now?

Hi Webhost81

So who is your new host ?

Pls update us regarding that.

It was nice to see GIGANET handled it well in the end.

All the best!

Re: So where are you hosting now?

Originally posted by cybernet
    Hi Webhost81

So who is your new host ?

Pls update us regarding that.

It was nice to see GIGANET handled it well in the end.

All the best!

maybe he can give them a new chance and to decide after that, I think that GIGANET handled it well in the end also

best regards

Re: ServerDivision.com = The worst webhosting experience I had. I wouldn't suggest them.

Had a Linux Reseller Plan with then.

Signed up based off good feedback I heard about them on this site, but after further research I see that most of their good feedback was based off Windows hosting packages.

My problems started since day which made me skeptical, but I said I'd stick it out for a month at least since the sites I were hosting with them were mainly in developmental stages anyway. I noted things down as they occured. Keep in mind this is all in one month. I cut it down to not make it a novel.

Other then that FTP was terribly slow throughout the whole month. I have a very fast connection and to upload a 6.8MB script took 45 minutes. Last, none of these problems had anything to do with my web sites. All of the sites I hosted were mine, one only had a single static page with a few words on it, and the others didn't even use 8% of account resources. Those sites were pretty much inactive adn in development.

The downtime got me mad but after the 2nd time I already knew it was no way in hell I'd use them as a reseller. I'd never have any customers. The thing that got to me is how they kept making up excuses about not moving my site, or ignorning it all together. I wouldn't advise anyone to use them. Not at least if you care about your site. In the time I hosted with them their site changed a few times. I noticed the 99.9 uptime guarantee was there when I signed up then I didn't see it, now I see it again. Seems it would be wiser to spend money on admins that knew what they were doing then site design, but that's just my opinion.

Only good thing I could say about them is they were able to cancel my account on the first request. Knowing them they'd probably mess that up to, but I already notified my bank I'm not worried.
    I'm gonna have to agree w/ giga net on this one... DDOS is hell, and the hardware required to repel the small and moderate attacks is extremely expensive... if you are unlucky to get hit w/ a large DDOS, its GG. the downtime sucks, but if they are able to fix the problem in 20-30 minutes, thats not really too bad. I'm not condoning downtime or anything but they did respond to your tickets. That atleast tells you they are on it, and not ignoring the situation.
    Henry
    President | Swift Communications
    www.swiftco.net
    1-866-SWIFTCO | ICQ : 56480986 | aim : LinearBlade

Just want to give an update and say that I did receive the refund as they said I would.

I think in the end this was handled well. When I said "Knowing them they'd probably mess that up too," I'll admit that was uncalled for. My point of this thread was to share my experiences, nothing more nothing less.

Update was given so i'll leave it at that.

Originally posted by net
    It is normal for a server to have a ddos, spamming, etc...

The most important here is ServerDivision was able to take care of it in a short period of time.

I am sure they are doing their best to provide good service. I've heard good things about them here especially when it comes to support.

Take Care!
    The comments the poster made covered 30 days. That isn't a short period of time.

Originally posted by GIGANET
    I've issued you a full refund for the entire duration. Eway Gateway will have this back to you shortly.

I would also like to admit my own personal attitude and like to apologise deeply to you for any past events. I guess it takes a few people to point it out to me. I understand its not good for business.s.

Deeply sorry and thank you for having patience.

*Anytime* you choose to make communciation between your company and a client public; you had better read, re-read and have someone else read your intended communication. Especially if you are prone to being a bit hot headed.

Remember, to a lot of people.. that post *IS* your company.