Thread: domain grabbing

domain grabbing

I recently saw a domain which I really want to get. Fortunately that domain has already expired and will be available soon...

So far so good...to give me a head start, I a think of signing up with one of those "domain grabbing services" who will automatically reserve the name for you, as soon as it gets available. I especially thought about signing up with expirefish.

Does anyone have experience with those services? Could you recommend me a company who can do a reliable "grab" for me?

Thanks in advance!

BTW: I just signed up for this forum and I wanted to say a big HELLO to everyone...looks like a nice place.

Goodluck trying to get it. Just because it expired doesn't mean it will be available anytime soon if it was registered through Netsol. I've been following about 10 names that have expired. Some expired almost a year ago. So far none of them have yet become available. I'm beginning to wonder if Verisign will ever let an expired domain become available ever again.

yeahh...I have that problem with another domain that I check time by time...it's been 7 months now since it has expired.

However, I think this particular domain I want has been registered with dotregistrar.com...I just hope those guys are faster...

I currently have a couple being monitored by snapnames that expired last May

I hope you're not monitoring the same ones I'm following. What are the names your monitoring?

...just kidding

scott...I am just wondering...have you had any success with it yet (despite the one who was obviously registered with f... verisign)?

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Scott

Well netsol/snapnames = bot owned by Versigin right? and if you pay 69 $ for a back order why would netsol release the name? you pay more than just 35 as you wold when they let you to register the domain....

wwww

last year I worked with a guy who snagged a few using snapnames, myself I'm still waiting.

Angel78

yes, this was a recent merger of sorts; when I signed up for my domains to be monitored the fee was at $35.00/per domain... now it's double

man, isn't there any reliable and affordable domain grabber?

It's a gamble and you need to go with you gut feeling when and if to use one of these companies. I like snapnames and their support over the others so I chose them.

didi you get any domain back-ordered trough snapnames?

are there any more services than snapnames and expirefish?

And when looking for expired domains there is also deleteddomains

I have you beat, I have one I've been watching that expired last March... registered with NetSol of course.

I remember someone posting a list of some other back-ordering services besides snapnames and expirefish.. maybe search the posts. Ah, found it:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=31724

Thewitt posts some companies (about 10 of them) who offer similar services to snapnames. And I'll add Domainmart.com to the list.

On another note, I've had success just trying to pick up a few domains after (normally the same day though) they expire, like when NSI has one of their drops of like 50,000+ in a day. I've picked up around 6 or 7 domains like this on my spare time, and sold 4 already ($850), well, it's nice for me, don't have a job yet. And I do understand most (I think) people who use SnapNames or similar services try andget the domains for their own use, not in the hopes of a sale.

Does anyone knows the drop time for dotster?

I have one that was "on hold"(according to deleteddomains) since 12/11/2001.

Still waiting.

Peter

Last time it took 60 days for dotster to drop a name, but this was sometime ago.

Last time it took 60 days for dotster to drop a name, but this was sometime ago.
    I had a client that was registered with Dotster and her domain had just expired a few days before she asked me to transfer it. Would you believe that it was already dropped???

It saved me from having to go through the transfer process though.

I have a few name with snapenames and I still waiting, 9 months has already pass.

Anyone of you have experience that the domains you are waiting for has been snaped by Korean's company? I have been checking those names everyday when I have time. Most of the time, darn it, they faster than you.

Good luck!

I have been beaten to the click by Korean interests a few times ...