Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    I guess I'm glad that I made the decision the other day to cancel my problematic server with them. I hope I get my money back for the 2 months I prepaid now after all of this!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jerry12304
    I am so SO pissed rite noW! i am loosing $50/day! This is UNREAL! And this was the people i choose to defend all this weekk?? .. ya this should happen to me!
    Looks like you may owe someone a server

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...81#post2423481
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Ryan F
    Looks like you may owe someone a server

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...81#post2423481
    Yes if they go under, i will get him a server. I will keep my word. ...mind you they didt go under, servers go unplugged.
    ... ... [dd@s]
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by twidnet
    even though it takes quite awhile to train people to fly equipment that costs millions of dollars and military organizations typically require a certain number of years of service from people after spending all that money training
    If I remember correctly (from the last time a recruiter gave me a ring) - Typically they require a 6 year minimum military commitment if you're an aviator. Add that to your sum!
      0 Not allowed!

Seriously this is it! I am done with AN. There is a limit.

Stop the lying! [Im not bashing, stating the facts]
    First they e-mail people saying they use to host/manage 5,000 servers (ok little hard to belive seeing they still accept paypal). Then she said, they fired 90% of the staff because some one inside the company stole there coustomers? And they lost a lot of servers and are now with only 600 servers. So they went from 5,000 server to > 600? Because of one staff members telling coustomers to move?

And since you are a "BIG company" how come you cant pay a little 5k? God! And i would like to thank your great support staff for giving me this info about what happend today.

xAngelx Jon - I DONT KNOW!

Why did you fire 90% of the staff? why dont you fire 100% of the staff and yourself. Since you or your staff dont know what is going on..
    Last edited by jerry12304; 08-29-2004 at 12:57 AM.
    ... ... [dd@s]
      0 Not allowed!

I hate to say this, but I know they would be back, and people will sign up in droves again sooner or later.

One thing I learn about WHT is that people have terminal short term memory disease It's not just about them, but some other hosts here. It's quite unbelievable sometimes but it's just true. Offer too good to believe deals, and people will take a chance.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••
      0 Not allowed!

Ok, I think I've pieced it together. AngelNetworkz was originally a successful server management company with 5,000 clients. That side of business was profitable and steady. As a logical step, AngelNetworkz branched out into reselling dedicated servers, using the same staff for both server management and dedicated servers. So they offered the incredible BOGOF deal to build up their customer base for dedicated servers. Then something terrible happened to the server management side, which substantially decreasing their revenue stream. Thus Donna implemented emergency measures, asking clients for financial help by suspending BOGOF contracts (which I don't think is legal, breach of contract).

Now it's in a predicament. If ANz doesn't come up with $4900, then those server will stay offline. But some of the unplugged clients already paid for service. Worse yet, sometime into the future (a few days, maybe a week or two), another payment will be due - maybe TMS again, or maybe Managed.com. If cash flow remains negative, then more server will be unplugged. I don't think ANz or Donna set out to defraud clients. They are just in a financial bind right now (worse than a month ago when that email was sent). The only way out of this, if I'm reading the situation correctly, is for the company to take out a loan. Current clients will be quite reluctant to send more payment.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sprintserve
    I hate to say this, but I know they would be back, and people will sign up in droves again sooner or later.

One thing I learn about WHT is that people have terminal short term memory disease It's not just about them, but some other hosts here. It's quite unbelievable sometimes but it's just true. Offer too good to believe deals, and people will take a chance.
    You think AN will be back after this? I dont know. This is the lowest for them. Going from one of the biggest WHT favs to nothing.
    ... ... [dd@s]
      0 Not allowed!

In the event of problems cropping up, the logical step we took is placing a large portion of our cash aside allowing us to operate for 12 months without receiving a single cent from clients.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!
      0 Not allowed!

You think AN will be back after this? I dont know. This is the lowest for them. Going from one of the biggest WHT favs to nothing.
    You obviously didn't remember their Nocster debacle last year
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sprintserve

Yes, ANz could still recover from this. But they will have to change their operation drastically - automated billing and invoice, accept re-occurring credit cards, more staff, and being more professional. Only a portion of their clients are being affected by this unplug incident right now.
      0 Not allowed!

So let me break it down here:

1 ] Angelnetworkz says to people, but pay for 1 month and get another month free.

2 ] Coustomer gets all his $, pays for one month...Everything is fine for the first month.

3 ] 2nd month angelnetworkz e-mails the costomer and says "SORRY I JUST LIED TO YOU ABOUT THE BUY ONE GET ONE OFFER, YOU CANT GET THE SECOND MONTH FREE, IM GOING TO SUSPEND YOUR SERVER, and your are left with NOTHING"

Rite? intreasting..

There is not way in hell to recover from this! The worst thing to happen is to pay for a server and get it unplugged!! I mean, are you serious?
    ... ... [dd@s]
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by coight
    In the event of problems cropping up, the logical step we took is placing a large portion of our cash aside allowing us to operate for 12 months without receiving a single cent from clients.
    *any* business in for the long haul will have done this. We keep up to 20 months of overheads in the bank just to cover the unexpected (which sometimes can be require more than the normal overheads). But I think that is a separate issue altogether on running businesses, and probably shouldn't be discussed in this thread ....
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Yikes2000
    Yes, ANz could still recover from this. But they will have to change their operation drastically - automated billing and invoice, accept re-occurring credit cards, more staff, and being more professional.
    That's going to require a large investment of cash which seems beyond AN at the present time - I can't imagine many business angels funding them at this stage.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, ANz could still recover from this..
    Yes if the company is sold to some one who knows that they are doing..
    ... ... [dd@s]
      0 Not allowed!

1 ] Angelnetworkz says to people, but pay for 1 month and get another month free.

2 ] Coustomer gets all his $, pays for one month...Everything is fine for the first month.

3 ] 2nd month angelnetworkz e-mails the costomer and says "SORRY I JUST LIED TO YOU ABOUT THE BUY ONE GET ONE OFFER, YOU CANT GET THE SECOND MONTH FREE, IM GOING TO SUSPEND YOUR SERVER, and your are left with NOTHING"
    The BOGOF deal required a minimum of 3 months payment. More likely that Donna was asking for clients to pay 4th month, then 5th, 6th, until the company is finacially sound. Then the free months will begin. If a client pays for 8 months, then 8 months free will be given. But it begs the question - who will be paying the provider (TMS) for those 8 months?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by bdoc
    If I remember correctly (from the last time a recruiter gave me a ring) - Typically they require a 6 year minimum military commitment if you're an aviator. Add that to your sum!
    It's just silly, really, to lie about things that are so easy to check. Not you, of course, but Donna.

Straight from the DND/CF at http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/pilot/Pilot_e.pdf

"For a minimum seven-year commitment after earning your wings..."

The personal math, like the business math, just does not add up.
      0 Not allowed!

Was she a pilot in Canada or her home country, Australia?
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....
      0 Not allowed!

Ok, I think I've pieced it together. AngelNetworkz was originally a successful server management company with 5,000 clients. That side of business was profitable and steady.
    That presumes that this figure is anywhere near the truth. Personally, I find it very, very difficult to believe that a company this unorganized would be capable of that level of management.
      0 Not allowed!

man this is some great drama... I wish I had some popcorn.. I saw this comming a week ago the threads just started to add up. Execuse after excuse and it all stunk to high-heaven of financial problems. I've worked for enough dot.coms that have done belly up to beable to call one from a distance... But as we all know they'll be back in a year dealing with some other poor datacenter reselling at a 5% margin and people will sign up left and right.

~1 year ago they failed to pay burst and had their servers yanked, google for it there are still threads out there on it. They then terminated the relationship with burst (Actually I think burst terminated them) and moved to manged.com

Now they didn't pay the cpanel bill because of a "mistake"

Now they haven't payed TMS for their servers...

Now they need $4900? well if you hadn't paid $1k for that one guy's second hard drive "just to get it done" you'd only need $3900.... who keeps the books over there? a dozen chimps?
      0 Not allowed!

That presumes that this figure is anywhere near the truth. Personally, I find it very, very difficult to believe that a company this unorganized would be capable of that level of management.
    Yes i dont think they managed 5,000 servers and still accepted paypal. There rep. here just hit the floor. I should have seen this comming. I guess now the support team is not answering because they are looking for new jobs..haha!!! ..Well glad so say AN just might be over, years of hard work -- and lying to i might add. All gone.
    ... ... [dd@s]
      0 Not allowed!

I thought Donna was in her early 20's judging by her photo if not what's your secret
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!
      0 Not allowed!

I'll still stick by my motto... as someone who's been around since l33t speak first started... never trust a company that pluralises their name with a "z"
      0 Not allowed!

Straight from the DND/CF at http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/pilot/Pilot_e.pdf

"For a minimum seven-year commitment after earning your wings..."

The personal math, like the business math, just does not add up.
    Um... she wrote she is an ex air force pilot. She didn't say which air force, nor did she say she fulfilled her obligation (perhaps discharged for health reason before the minimum year commitment). Working for IBM designing computers for a decade also doesn't mean that's all she did during those 10 years. Maybe she started in her junior year in college as an intern, then worked for IBM on and off for a decade. Mabye AngelNetworkz is her part-time job. :-)
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by coight
    I thought Donna was in her early 20's judging by her photo if not what's your secret
    Lying to coustomers (like me) keeps here looking young. I am so angry at myself for defending all this week, i though they will get everything together.
    ... ... [dd@s]
      0 Not allowed!

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast