Servermatrix questions, and general DNS questions

Well, after 4 months of steadfastnetworks VPS - I've decided to move onto a dedicated server (Partially due to SFN's recent week-long downtimes and partially because I need more control)

But I have a few questions:
    1) Hows their network uptime now'a'days? I used to have a SM dedicated server, but it went down a few times a month
    2) What about their line speed? Is the 100mbit still constant?
    3) Their support?
    4) Network and server uptime? With silver support package, of course.
    5) How IS the silver support package? I notice they offer to monitor up to 3 processes/ports/etc., is that really worth it?
    6) How fast do they get their servers up and running, after you order them?
    7) Do they still have a remote reboot option; and does it ACTUALLY WORK? (SFN's remote reboot does not work at all, 50% of the time you need to use it) This is a pretty big requirement - since you can't always SSH in, and you need to reboot your box in order to get it to work.

DNS Question:
    1) I remember getting an e-mail from my registre, about DNS updates a few months ago - something about instead of taking days, it takes minutes or hours... I can't quite remember what - do DNS names or IPs update in a few minutes/hours, now? Or am I completely off.

------
    Well, thanks to all that can help.

(Yes, I searched the forum first - I read through quite a few threads, but not all of my questions were answered, and I wanted multiple opinions; there really needs to be a host directory on WHT, with monitored reviews for each host - it'd be so much easier and clear up all the double posts)

Edit: I'd like to note that I have nothing against Karl or SFN: The entire time I was with them, the support was great and Karl was really nice about just about everything - but there was a week-long downtime, that seemed to be centralized on my server - as well as a problem with my process limit being overloaded multiple times... Its my own fault, as the sites I host have matured past a VPS
    Last edited by Sykoi; 01-14-2005 at 05:54 PM.

I don't know anything about SM. DNS updates take only a few minutes to propogate now.

http://www.verisign.com/products-ser...ge_005513.html

That's not DNS updates, that's only for new domains... Updates still take the same amount of time..
    James Lumby

1) Network and Speeds are good - we've used them 10 months now and I can recall only twice when our servers were down. Once was a few minutes ... the other time it was a 1-2 hour router outage that affected quite a few servers. Other than that it has been good.

2) We use 10 Mbit line so no idea.

3) Support is okay, not the best. But with such a large company they have quite a few clients to deal with. Expect like 15 minutes for a reboot and maybe 1 hour replies to your tickets.

4) and 5) Silver management is just standard, I don't know what you mean by 'worth it' because you get it anyways when you get a server. It helps when your server is offline and they will take a look at it.

6) I'd say 48 hours after you first hit the order button. They need time to verify your account and card. Shorter if you're an existing customer.

7) I see that button in orbit but never used it.. lol