Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Awesome place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Not because I don't like it, but just because I'm not from there originally.
    Web Host Magazine & Buyers Guide
    Web Host Magazine & Buyer's Guide
    Fair & Objective Reviews, Ratings & Information
    since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by PixelManual
    "What do you think about Australia?"

-- best place to get yourself killed by some critter.
    I guess it depends where the critter gets you to determine which country is more dangerous
    MIAMI - A leaping stingray stabbed an 81-year-old Florida boater in the chest, authorities said Wednesday, leaving its poisonous stinger lodged close to his heart in an incident recalling the one that killed Australian TV naturalist Steve Irwin last month.

Fire Department officials in Lighthouse Point, about 30 miles north of Miami, said James Bertakis was in a small recreational boat with two grandchildren Tuesday when the spotted eagle ray leaped aboard and struck him.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/4270749.html

I have a beautiful opal necklace from there so I like Australia.

Thanks a lot for all your messages and interest.

Don't hesitate to come in Australia, the way of life is very good.
    In france before to come i sold everything because i was pretty sure to stay there for a very long time.

After i think i will come back to spain, i really like Barcelona it's a very good place to live as well.

If you want to have a look to my australian photos go on these pages:

http://www.smartcoyote.com/australia/DSC01575.JPG
    or
    http://www.smartcoyote.com/australia/IMG_1219.JPG

I don't see why people become Australian, and then go back to their previous countries. Being Australian should be a permanent thing, and dual-citizenship sucks.

Have been to Canberra, Sydney, Hamilton Island and Melbourne.

Would SO recommend Sydney (fantastic city with great nightlife) and equally Melbourne (I found it more cultural, but fun too).

Canberra was such an obvious new / government place although the ANZAC Museum was brilliant.

Hamilton Island reminded my husband of a sort of James Bond movie, where all is OK in the resort but you're not quite sure what's going on in the mountains ;-) The plus was the relatively short boat trip to the Great Barrier Reef, but we weren't that impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcellweb Matt
    This is probably because its geographical location is in the middle of an ocean hehe.

Er, no, it's because it's a vast country, the only country that is also a continent, and has the lowest population density of any continent other that Antarctica, so providing the infrastructure is expensive.

Your little island, the United Kingdom, falls way short of being half the size of the Australian state of New South Wales, and New South Wales is only our 5th biggest state. You're just a quaint little dot on the globe

I'd rather have the space, freedoms, and lifestyle, of Australia over a zippy internet connection any day. I can drive for 90 minutes from the where I live in our capital city and be sitting on a beach several kilometres long with maybe a dozen people on it. I can drive 30 minutes, or less, from the seat of our Federal Parliament in the middle of our capital city and be in the middle of untouched natural bushland. I could spend a lifetime exploring this country and still not see it all.

You can keep your megabit connections.

All in good humour...
    Brindabella Motor Sport Club - Motor Sport in the Australian Capital Territory

Quote Originally Posted by ZenithRS
    I can drive for 90 minutes from the where I live in our capital city and be sitting on a beach several kilometres long with maybe a dozen people on it.
    I have a five minute walk

OZ Well not in my wishlist yet, I guess its not happenning country like USA, UK Italy etc. Do they have a unique culture or they are like USA?

They have less population and lot of desert too, Maybe their food is not much good and lots costly sorry Ozzies you will not get my tourism dollars soon London, Arizona and Singapore are more likely to get my tourism budget soon

I would like to visit the Opera House;
    http://destination.blog.co.uk/2006/1..._house~1218334

Quote Originally Posted by D'Godown
    Do they have a unique culture or they are like USA?
    Australia is very multicultural. The Northern Territory (the smallest populated state) alone boasts 75 different country inhabitants

England is nearly the size of Victoria isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by joshcrick
    England is nearly the size of Victoria isn't it?
    Nearly

244,820 sq km UK (Add a bit more for southern Ireland)

1,349,129 sq km Vic

Quote Originally Posted by joshcrick
    I don't see why people become Australian, and then go back to their previous countries. Being Australian should be a permanent thing, and dual-citizenship sucks.
    For my side i want to precise that i don't have the Australian citizenship, i am only here with the working holiday visa, my real citizenship for me in European.
    I don't want to stay all my life in the same place, i want to continue to travel.

I prefer to be European anyway because i can live and work in any country i want in the European Union, without any Visa.

And living in Europe is very good as well, you can visit many different culture easily all the countries are very closer.

I love sydney. I live in an Apartment in Pyrmont. 5 Minutes away from Darling Harbour.

Pity the only thing we are missing is cheap bandwidth. I pay $100/month for 24mbit/1mbit ADSL2+ (I'm 200m away from local exchange so I sync at max speeds) with only 100gb download limit

We Aussies get 2nd class treatment. $250 Per Mbit for bandwidth here!

I have always wanted to visit Australia as it seems to be a great place and I have heard so many great things about it.

I have met alot of Australians in Ireland and they come across as a great bunch of people. My Australian girlfriend was very pretty looking too.

I think of Neighbours

A woman of twenty is like the continent of Africa - wild and untamed.
    A woman of thirty is like Asia - hot-blooded and passionate.
    A woman of forty is like the USA - overly-trained and too well-techniqued.
    A woman of fifty is like Europe - decaying and falling apart.
    A woman of sixty is like Australia - everybody knows where it is, but who wants to go there?

Australia has changed a great deal in the past 10 years. Sadly, not for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses
    A woman of twenty is like the continent of Africa - wild and untamed.
    A woman of thirty is like Asia - hot-blooded and passionate.
    A woman of forty is like the USA - overly-trained and too well-techniqued.
    A woman of fifty is like Europe - decaying and falling apart.
    A woman of sixty is like Australia - everybody knows where it is, but who wants to go there?

Australia has changed a great deal in the past 10 years. Sadly, not for the better.

Every country and territory is obviously unique and so on every culture has distinct characteristics that make it different from every other culture.
    The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by D'Godown
    OZ Well not in my wishlist yet, I guess its not happenning country like USA, UK Italy etc. Do they have a unique culture or they are like USA?

They have less population and lot of desert too, Maybe their food is not much good and lots costly sorry Ozzies you will not get my tourism dollars soon London, Arizona and Singapore are more likely to get my tourism budget soon
    This place is the best kept secret in the world. Hope you enjoy yourself in Arizona

Brindabella Motor Sport Club - Motor Sport in the Australian Capital Territory

Koala Bears, Kangaros and the Tazmaniaz devil
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Thanks for your all replies.

I am not living anymore in Australia, I moved to Shanghai.

You can see some images from my trip here.

www.smartcoyote.com/web

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234