what if i want to apply .US domain, is it possible?

hi,

i am from Singapore.

what if i want to apply .US domain, is it possible?

i am not from USA but have many .us domains. You can register .us domains

how you do it?

where you apply the domain from? do you need the US address under the domain contact?

Quote Originally Posted by eglim
    i am not from USA but have many .us domains. You can register .us domains
    I hope that you don't use the domain names for anything important then.
    As you'll see from below - I doubt you actually qualify to own one.
    So one little complaint and you'll end up losing the domain.

To be in compliance with the U.S. Nexus Requirement, all registrants for the .US domain must be either:

A natural person (i) who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (ii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions, or

An entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or territories, or

An entity or organization (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof) that has a bona fide presence in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by steventay
    how you do it?

where you apply the domain from? do you need the US address under the domain contact?
    Yes, you need a US address under the domain contract.

Officially you cannot. Unless of course you choose to do it using other methods which you will be liable for.

But beware, if you lose the domain because your did not adhere to the policies then you cant complain at WHT and ask ways on how you can sue and $&%*, lol.
    Last edited by HNLV; 01-08-2007 at 03:01 PM.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

oh......no.......

It's a ccTLD and many of these registries have rules like this
    --- ZARDEN.com : Buy and Market Domain Names ---

spend few minutes reading at http://www.nic.us/policies/index.html

i believe its possible for foreign entitty to register .US domain if i remember correctly
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

it check it say.... the below.. i dont have...

Nexus Policy

Registrants in the usTLD must be either:

1.A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) who is a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (iii) whose primary place
    of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions [Nexus Category 1],

2.A United States entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories, or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or territories (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States or a political subdivision thereof, and non-commercial organizations based in the United States) [Nexus Category 2], or

3.A foreign entity or organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories [Nexus Category 3].
    Prospective Registrants will certify that they have a “bona fide presence in the United States” on the basis of real and substantial lawful connections with, or lawful activities in, the United States of America. This requirement is intended to ensure that only those individuals or organizations that have a substantive lawful connection to the United States are permitted to register for usTLD domain names.

Hello,

You can apply for the .us domain with all the leading domain registrars. There are few options to be checked before you register the .us domains. You can check those with the registrar and then register your .us domain.

Thank you.

Regards,

As usual what you can "physically do" and what you can "legally do" are two entirely different things.
    As I've posted and somebody else further down has posted are the official rules on .us domain ownership.
    To legally register one you need to conform to these rules.
    However there is probably nothing to physically stop you registering one even if you don't conform to the rules.
    The difference is by not conforming to the rules you always risk losing the domain with no notice and if you were using it for something then of course that feature would disapear over night.

It's like Windows software and activation.
    When you buy Windows you can activate it once on one PC.
    I know for a fact that I could go out right now, buy Windows and install it on 3 machines and get it activated on all three (I wouldn't as I'm totally against software piracy and theft).
    However physical (yer, anyone can get hold of a .us domain quite easily, just look at all of the places advertising them) and legally (however you must conform to the following rules) are two entirely different things - and it is legally you should be aiming at.

Officially, you can do this. The main thing to do is to check the rules if you don't want to have problems such as loosing your domain.
    FastNext - shared, reseller, clustered hosting, VPS, dedicated servers.

Free DNS Stuff - IP tools, DNS checking tools, ping, tracerout etc.

Quote Originally Posted by steventay
    1.A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) who is a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (iii) whose primary place
    of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions [Nexus Category 1]
    If only the registrant's address would have to be located within the US it would be rather easy to determine who has registered an .us domain in violation of the rules. With these rules however its almost impossible to perform a quick check. I guess everybody can safely register .us domains as long as he/she does not fear a court case could be brought up which would reveal the true nationality.