Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. Ask the host to move the files for you.

or

2. If iweb somehow can't upload the site where you want it to, try to use a regular FTP client to transfer the files directly to the public_html directory.

This is a problem with iWeb; it is really not designed well, as you can't get rid of that 'mysite' folder (at least not in my copy) ...

I would recommend using Fetch to FTP your files up, or, use WebDisk from within your cPanel. Then just drag your site files to the correct place in your site's WebDisk. (Note: do not drag the mysite directory to public_html, drag the files in mysite to public_html ... you do not want to publish the folder itself, as that is how it's being created on your hosting account. You want to select the files inside the folder.)

Let us know how it goes!!

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bithost(NET) View Post
    This is a problem with iWeb; it is really not designed well, as you can't get rid of that 'mysite' folder (at least not in my copy) ...

I would recommend using Fetch to FTP your files up, or, use WebDisk from within your cPanel. Then just drag your site files to the correct place in your site's WebDisk. (Note: do not drag the mysite directory to public_html, drag the files in mysite to public_html ... you do not want to publish the folder itself, as that is how it's being created on your hosting account. You want to select the files inside the folder.)

Bailey
    Thanks for that tip.

So I'll try to find the files, and NOT use the "publish to a folder" option. (That's what it says in the manual).

I am actually using Fetch, as you can't upload with iWeb itself, except to .mac.

You can use Fetch, or you can use the new WebDisk feature which you can access & install from your account's cPanel. Your account's WebDisk will then work just like .Mac's iDisk. It's pretty sweet.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

filezilla.sourceforget.net

try that ftp program
    hope it helps

You can use Fetch, or you can use the new WebDisk feature which you can access & install from your account's cPanel. Your account's WebDisk will then work just like .Mac's iDisk. It's pretty sweet.

Bailey
    Thanks for that tip. Sounds really interesting. I just downloaded and printed the cPanel manual.

... you do not want to publish the folder itself, as that is how it's being created on your hosting account. You want to select the files inside the folder.)

Bailey

That exactly did it. Thanks!

Site's online now.

Who could have known that iWeb did that. (It even gives you a second index, separately from the site folder: as if I'd like to created a site to watch it myself on my computer.

Sweet! Glad to hear it worked!

Bailey

Glad to see it's fixed and you found the problem.

Sometimes this can be caused by an ISP using a proxy server, or using those "broadband dialup" type accounts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12