Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Branded technical support for resellers?

I am looking a hosting company that provides branded technical support for their resellers. I am trying to start a hosting company but due to my regular job I need a host that with provide the support for my customers. Are there any good host that will provide the technical support for me to my customers? Please help.
    Thank you.
    Lee

I personally don't know of any....but here is similar thread, I don't know if its going to be much help but gets you in a right direction....

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=268268

Good Luck

Lee

I suspect if you included your e-mail address you might find people who would be willing to host your account and handle the customer issues. But there are strict rules in this forum regarding advertising.

If anyone knows of some good hosts that will provide support for my customers email me at juddcorp@yahoo.com. I would appreciate any recomendations on a good host for someone starting out. Thanks
    Lee
    juddcorp@yahoo.com

I would be interested in knowing what you learn.

Could you post what you find? Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the help. I had one host contact me which i appreciate greatly. I wanted to know if anyone had any comments about them. It was Your-Dns-Servers that contacted me. I just wanted to find out more about them.

Also wanted to know about Bobcares? Good? Bad? Does anyone use them for support help?
    Thanks
    Lee
    juddcorp@yahoo.com

Hi Juddcorp - I have heard mixed reviews of Bobcares - and honestly would recommend sticking with a host thats willing to do it for you.

First off, let me say - we DONT do this - but, may I recommend you choose an hsphere reseller account.

It comes fully integrated with a helpdesk, and you can add whoevers email address you want to receive notifications.

For example, you can add your providers email for notification, they can log into your help desk and respond to your ticket - your customer will never know - as the response will be coming from your help desk..

You can also take this one step further (ie if you used Bobcares) and set up a "support account" for them.

They can then log into your account (and only have access to the help desk or help desk and billing, or even your entire system if you wanted) and answer the tickets on your behalf.

Hope this helps...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Thanks Gargoyle
    Do you have any recommendations on a host that will support my customers? I have found a couple but they don't use HSphere.

I really appreciate all the help I have received from everyone. Thanks
    Lee

Hi Lee - I'd recommend before you enter into this, try to find a few different hosts that offer this service, just to make sure you have some options for the future. If you are going to rely on your host to directly support your customers, then you may become tied to them no matter what, and sometimes this isnt such a great thing.

Good luck

Originally posted by juddcorp
    Thanks Gargoyle
    Do you have any recommendations on a host that will support my customers? I have found a couple but they don't use HSphere.

I really appreciate all the help I have received from everyone. Thanks
    Lee
    Hi Juddcorp,

Not sure if they will do this for you - but, one of the best hsphere hosts I know if DIYhosting.

Try pm'ing Simon here (IHSL) and see if they are willing to take this on for you and at what cost. No gurantees, but they may be willing to negotiate something.
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Not sure, but you can try MatrixReseller.com .

If i find a host that uses HSphere and will support my customers and I decide their support isn't what it needs to be can I still get a third party to support my customers? Does any one a third party for support and if so who?

Are you folks looking for just trouble tickets or phone and trouble tickets?

HiVelocity - Are you folks looking for just trouble tickets or phone and trouble tickets?

Honestly I don't know what I need. I am trying to start my own hosting business. So this is all need to me. I would guess just tickets due to additional cost of ph. support.

How many times does a problem require ph support that can't be answered with tickets?

I could be wrong but I think its just trouble Tickets .... I know I might/would like some one to take over ours also.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    some day I will put something here
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DBL post page refreshed..opps
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    some day I will put something here
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How many times does a problem require ph support that can't be answered with tickets?
    Very rarely.

However, some people prefer to have the 'human touch', aka phone support. If you outline on your site that the fastest, and easiest way to get quick support is to make a ticket, you should have no problem at all.

I know a lot of resellers who make a good living out of that type of setup, and it gives them the ability to go off and make/secure sales, without having to worry about the support aspect.

It also gives them a good 'foot up', as they will most probably have the option of recieving copies of the tickets & responses. It should make for good reading material for any reseller starting up.

Simon

Simon
    Can you recommend any hosts for me to try?

I know that http://royalwebhosting.com/ provided such service, but they do not have bulk accounts (they provide old fasioned reselling)
    Will you eat your pets? Discuss it on my vegan forum

support?

Simon
    Can you recommend any hosts for me to try?
    Hi Juddcorp -

Simon really is your best bet - I lease all my servers from him...

If his company doesnt do it, I will consider working something out with you.

Forward me you email if you want to discuss further.

Andrew
    www.cartika.net
    www.cartika.com

Re: Branded technical support for resellers?

I am looking a hosting company that provides branded technical support for their resellers. I am trying to start a hosting company but due to my regular job I need a host that with provide the support for my customers. Are there any good host that will provide the technical support for me to my customers? Please help.
    Thank you.
    Lee
    Hi juddcorp,

I think at one time OLM.Net and/or webaxxs.net offered anonymous helpdesk to both reseller and their customers. They claimed to stay anonymous to your customer, and you could use your logo in the support desk area for branding it yours.

Simon,

Andrew says that you are the man. If you can help me I would appreciate it.

Andrew my email is juddcorp@yahoo.com.
    Thanks for all the info you guys have provided. I really have learned a lot.

Lee
    juddcorp@yahoo.com

Here is my recommendation.

Don't pull all your eggs in one basket.

Why not just get your support outsourced? There are many threads on here where you can find quality outsourced support and they don't care if your a reseller.

I recommend bobcares or actsupport
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Originally posted by Dragos
    Not sure, but you can try MatrixReseller.com .

We only support the resellers, but if they are unable to find the fix or what the issue is we are here 24/7 we just don't answer there tickets for them.. We would go nuts.. hehe

Originally posted by monster123
    Here is my recommendation.

Don't pull all your eggs in one basket.

Why not just get your support outsourced? There are many threads on here where you can find quality outsourced support and they don't care if your a reseller.
    The host can install ports, perl, php modules. Also, they can check system log and etc.....

But, outsourced support team cannot do any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast