Looking for 2 systems & Colo

Hello, I wanted to say thanks to everyone in advance for your help on my decision.

I am currently in the process of purchasing two servers. I have listed the requirements I am looking for in them below:

Server 1:

RAM:2GB
    HD: Small, doesnt matter
    Proc: Single 2.5GHZ

Server 2:
    RAM: 3 - 4 GB (the more the better)
    HD: 40-60GB RAID
    Proc/s: Single 2.5 or Multi 1.4

I am so very close to making my purchase from Dell, however these systems run about $7,500.00 from them. I did notice several people talking about a few other OEMS, and I wanted to see what reccomendations people had on them. It IS important to me to have either good service incase of failures, or reliablity.

These 2 servers I am lookin to colo somewhere on a 10mb connection. Needing about 100gigs or so of Bandwith a month. So far, I have found that priced at about 150$

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Re: Looking for 2 systems & Colo

Originally posted by OptMediaJohn
    Hello, I wanted to say thanks to everyone in advance for your help on my decision.

I am currently in the process of purchasing two servers. I have listed the requirements I am looking for in them below:

Server 1:

RAM:2GB
    HD: Small, doesnt matter
    Proc: Single 2.5GHZ

Server 2:
    RAM: 3 - 4 GB (the more the better)
    HD: 40-60GB RAID
    Proc/s: Single 2.5 or Multi 1.4

I am so very close to making my purchase from Dell, however these systems run about $7,500.00 from them. I did notice several people talking about a few other OEMS, and I wanted to see what reccomendations people had on them. It IS important to me to have either good service incase of failures, or reliablity.

These 2 servers I am lookin to colo somewhere on a 10mb connection. Needing about 100gigs or so of Bandwith a month. So far, I have found that priced at about 150$

Thanks to everyone in advance!
    You can get two Super micro servers with those specs for about $700-$800 each

We use servers from Apaq. We have 20 or so and several of our colo clients use them as well. They do a great job with only quality components. In 2 years I've only had one failure and that was for a hard drive. I've never had one go offline or need repair beyond the 1 harddrive.

Dells are very nice, we have several clients that have them. I just don't see them being 3 times the value at 3 times the price.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=apaqdigital
    SiteSouth
    Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas, NV. Colocation

I would suggest looking for colocation near where you live. Especially since colo'd servers require more hands-on.

I have heard alot about the supermicro. Are they worth it?

Also, I can't get colo where I am, unfortunatly. So, is it a good idea to go with the supermicro servers, or the dell's, since they have a 4 hour service package with them?

I'd recommend SuperMicro. Dell is best if you want the support contract.

We've bought some servers from Rackmounts Etc. as well (email sales@rackmountsetc.com or message 'rackmountsetc' on AIM; their website still isn't finished.) I've had good experience with Brian from Rackmounts Etc. thus far.
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

Supermicro would probably do fine for what you need. Are you outside US?

No inside the US, were just not close to any good colo here.

You've got the money for Dell, go with them the service is umatched. With hardware that nice, make sure you are getting multihomed bandwidth and dual nics in them, you want to keep those puppies running optimally!
    Ken O. TKO