Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by giteshtrivedi View Post
    Hi Friends,

How to move site from one cpanel to cpanel. Is there any feature or tool available in whmcs for performing this task?
    I think the best way would be ask your web host to copy your account via help of WHM's cpanel account copy option.

thanks to all of you for giving information

Normally, the backend engineers use the cpanel script
    /scripts/pkgacct
    to take a backup of the account.
    Then they use rsync to transfer to another server with a similar configuration. Once they are done,
    /scripts/restorepkg
    is executed to restore the account on the new server.
    I assume the time took by the engineers was minimal because running this script from backend reduces the lag when it is run from the cpanel interface, and server to server rsync would be very fast because of the bandwidth they possess.

Hi,

I tried but not getting success. I took full backup using cpanel backup utility and tried to restore using same backup utility. When I informed to my hosting provider then he restored within 1 min. Therefore, I am asking about any utility or function or feature of WHM or WHMCS or any. Without having password of mySQL how is it possible to restore.

Hi,

Without having password of mySQL how is it possible to restore.
    Normally, backend engineers on a shared server keep the mysql root password in a configuration file /root/.my.cnf so that they do not need to key in the password every time they connect to mysql. Since shared servers have hundreds of accounts and it is hectic to login as each user when needed (provided their passwords are provided by customers), we normally directly connect as root user to mysql, and do maintenance.

::AnuG

Recently I've got known about www.cpbackup.info whm/cpanel accounts automatic backup solutions, which looks promising, so maybe will be useful for someone.

Simply create the tar.gz backup with home directory option from cpanel

Hi Friends,

How to move site from one cpanel to cpanel. Is there any feature or tool available in whmcs for performing this task?
    Simply create the tar.gz backup with home directory option from cpanel, download it and upload it to the destination server in root folder. and just extract your tar.gz file to there

And your backup got restored !!

jatin

The above advice is good if you want to move from cPanel to any WHM/cPanel run VPS or Server, but you can't restore full-backup inside cPanel.

Hi,

i believe you are referring full backup means data files, database and emails.

when you restore the home directory, it will restore your website data files alongwith Email ids and it's data

To restore backup you need to take separate backup from the backup wizard ( it is the same process of taking backup of home directory. 1st option is home directory and 2nd option below it your will find database backup ) and easily you can restore to your destination cpanel

i have restored many sites by performing the same steps as mentioned above

regards

JATIN MAKWANA

The best way to move data for cPanel accounts from one cPanel server to another is as follows:

1. Log into WHM on the new server as root
    2. Click "Copy multiple accounts/packages from another server"

That will copy the data for the accounts that you select. This includes website data, emails, mailing lists, databases, etc.

Everything about migration is explained here :- http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/vie...cPanelAccounts
    Bharat Vashist
    ShineServers.Com Fully Managed SSD Shared Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & MORE!
    Follow us on Twitter: @ShineServers | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/ShineServers
    sales @ shineservers.com | call us: 011-43065882

As said by other, you need to download a MySQL full dump (export database with PHPMyAdmin), download all files, download all email accounts, take note of every single addon/parked/(sub)domain(s), and now you will need to import every single data a little per time.
    IT developing and content marketing - trovalost.it

Quote Originally Posted by salcapolupo View Post
    you will need to import every single data a little per time.
    Yes, that's how I used to do all the time... untill I met my last provider, who did it all for me in one hour, using migration feature available in Cpanel. My experience is here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...7&postcount=13

You could migrate the account in command line :

Create a backup file using the cPanel script pkgacct

# /scripts/pkgacct username

The backup file will include the webfiles,databases,email accounts

Move the account from one server to other using the command :

# scp -P port /home/username.tar.gz user@dstination server IP:/home/

Restore the account in cPanel server using the below commands:

# cd /home/

Use the cPanel script restorepkgto restore the account :

# /scripts/restorepkg - - force /home/username.tar.gz

The domain will be restored automatically

13. just simply backup your account and restore it on the new server