* Great start to the year! NOT!!!

Well, when I got up this morning I was going to make a post along the following lines:

"Hm...January hasn't started so well. This year already the car battery went flat, then the oven stopped working (only found out when I was about to dish out Sunday lunch). Also, the main gas fire had a dangerous yellow flame and needed the outlet unblocking. Then we had to call out someone about the washing machine. Then the vacuum cleaner had to go - apparently, it hadn't liked sucking up the lava lamp debris when that had broke). 3 weeks after getting it for Christmas my printer refused to load paper, instead filling the bottom of the machine with ink (and Epson online support is not working so the printer gets replaced by another company's tomorrow). Then my computer developed a boot error caused by a yet undiagnosed hardware fault. Then the replacement vacuum cleaner blew up. The handle for flushing the toilet snapped off and the back garden fence was broken by high winds. Oh - and last night the electric kettle stopped working."

At the end of all that I was going to say "Well, at least the car hasn't broken down."

Didn't feel I had enough time to post. So...guess what happened later?

Yup - car started - went to get a replacement toilet handle. Bought it - car wouldn't start. Battery sounded flat (again - so figured it was a goner) so I wandered off to buy a new one and then wandered back, bought a multi-size spanner, and installed the new car battery. Still not working. Had to call out a tow truck. Turned out it was simply the automatic choke getting stuck and flooding the engine. But it's been a fun day and involved lots of walking around. Toilet handle is now fixed, and I bought a new kettle. But it's an expensive day. I cannot wait to have a nice relaxing bath later!

And here I thought I was having a bad day because the hot water knob on my water cooler broke off...

Sorry for your troubles, Brian. It can only get better (one would hope)...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Well, I'm not actually too fussed. I can deal with them. Just tiring, that's all. And just really amazing that so many things have suddenly broken within the same month!

No, so long as my kids are healthy I have no real complaints. I simply hope I don;t continue to have items beraking down continually throughout the year!

Sorry to hear it, many people seem to be having bad days recently, I feel so bad I decided to make this post my 500th
    Kyle
    WevHosts.com
    Honest Reliable Green Hosting

Hehe.....I thought me getting a 99 on my midterm was bad

Hope you had hot water when you went to take the bath later.

And at least the toilet did flush and wasn't stopped up when you put on the new handle.

I broke two vacuums in one day once because I was sucking up cashew nuts with it..... about a five pound bag of them because a friend of mine's kids decided that flinging nuts all over the floor was a good idea.

Poor guy... I'd buy you a beer, but knowing your luck it'd have a dead mouse in it.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

Heh heh - methinks I was just getting rid of the year's bad luck quickly and efficiently.

Well, in January I first had two wisdom teeth removed -- quite painfully -- and then I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.

So you're not the only person who has had a bad year so far.
    Dr. Colin Percival, FreeBSD Security Officer
    Online backups for the truly paranoid: http://www.tarsnap.com/

My entire family were driven off a cliff by a mad driver in Sacramento last weekend. Everyone dead.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Seriously??

Well, it's either true or he got a very bad sense of black humour. Who jokes about the death of their own familiy unless it's one of the above.

btw, hope your bath is working when you take it later

And here I thought I was having a bad day because the chauffeur left dust on the windscreen of the Rolls. Almost had to lower myself to using the Jag.
    Feelings are not tools for rational thought.