Threaded View

Question Eurovps cutting back on support after upgrade incentive?

I recently signed up with Eurovps and was impressed with the support initially, in spite of a few problems (some due to my own ignorance, some due to a virus attack and some apparently due to their misconfiguration).

Recently, they offered a free upgrade on the VPS and 12 months for the price of 15 if you went from a monthly to annual contract, so I jumped at it. 3 weeks later, no upgrade.

Meanwhile, a series of problems due, as far as I can ascertain, to them misconfiguring things, lead me to need urgent support. As I was appearing to go around in circles with the problem and had no email all week, I called the support number. 1st time, I was told I was second in the queue and wait time was 2 mins...I hung up after 30 mins. Second time, I was told I was second in the queue and wait time was less 2 mins...I hung up after 90 mins. The 24/7 chat was off line. Each time the quoted wait time steadily increased a minute at a time.

Later, I got on chat and was told it was only for admin & sales (although he did chase my support ticket), also they didn't have a support line, in spite of it being option 4 on their main phone line. I asked why the site listed phone/email/chat/ticket support. The answer was "Oh, erh, where did you see that? We are making some changes" and direct questions about what support would be offered were avoided. I surmise that only ticket support will be offered now we have locked ourselves into longer contracts. I have asked for mine to be put on hold pending a concrete answer.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Eurovps seems to be like Marmite/Vegemite, i.e. some love them and others hate them. If I don't stay with them, who is BDSM site friendly and offers a good service for a reasonable price? I should add that my experience with hosting/CPanel etc is very limited but I learn fast, so I need one that suffers fools gladly :-)
    Last edited by Esinem; 04-08-2012 at 04:26 AM.