Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Then switch to managed.com, you don't have to stay with ANz.

They're offering you a chance to get your data back and you are annoyed because they have failed to show you a personal touch, when they're probably dealing with thousands of people caught up in this. There is no nicey nicey when trying to solve a big problem. If they were a smaller host and they had more time, they probably would have done.
      0 Not allowed!

well i agree completly with poolking.I had good feelings for them earlier.But the way they dealt all situations has shown their real identity.
    Fresh Apple : Unofficial Apple Weblog @ freshapple.in
      0 Not allowed!

Who, you have lost me.. If what they say is right i have all intentions of switching to Managed.com
    I would not stay with with ANz if they offered me a year for free

I had allready aranged with a new server from Managed.com but would rather go with the one that still has all my data on it

The way i see it Managed.com has done nothing wrong at all they just wanted to get paid and would have given ANz ample warnings that they were going to pull the plugs.

Dont blame Managed for ANz stuff up.
    If Anz had had the money to pay Managed what they owed then none of this would have happened so what happened to all the money we paid to ANx and i wonder which country Donna is in by now
    Last edited by augie; 09-02-2004 at 07:36 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

What I'm going to say here is everyone get their data back at least. Then when everyone has cooled down, then with a clear head investigate your options with regards to getting refunds/compensation from Angel Networkz.
      0 Not allowed!

Yep i agree 100% poolking
      0 Not allowed!

If all of us who lost our servers and money get together, pick a front man in Canada and the U.S. to handle things and hire one lawyer it wouldn't cost any of us that much to try and get AN for this. I have accepted the fact I can do nothing about the loss immediately, but I can try to recover my losses and I do believe AN knew what they were doing the whole time. I also agree with some of the others that Donna doesn't exist and who is John on the paypal account we sent money to. A lawyer will find all this out and I want to know the truth. It may also make others think before doing something stupid like this.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by augie
    Dont blame Managed for ANz stuff up.
    If Anz had had the money to pay Managed what they owed then none of this would have happened so what happened to all the money we paid to ANx and i wonder which country Donna is in by now [/B]
    I blame managed.com for letting this get to the point to where the bill was completely unpayable.

I also blame them because instead of doing the right thing and releasing the servers for a week (it's not going to cost them any extra to allow people to get data that's rightfully theirs).

I have no idea whether managed.com is under a legal obligation, but there is a such thing as a moral obligation to do what's right, managed.com would rather broker a deal with a company like Angel Networkz that already has screwed everyone it has dealt with.

Clarifying what I said in another post:

I will never purchase from managed.com resellers because I'd be afraid the same thing was going to happen again.

I will never purchase from managed.com directly because I am just completely disgusted with their company.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by MagiCat
    I blame managed.com for letting this get to the point to where the bill was completely unpayable.

I also blame them because instead of doing the right thing and releasing the servers for a week (it's not going to cost them any extra to allow people to get data that's rightfully theirs).

I have no idea whether managed.com is under a legal obligation, but there is a such thing as a moral obligation to do what's right, managed.com would rather broker a deal with a company like Angel Networkz that already has screwed everyone it has dealt with.

Clarifying what I said in another post:

I will never purchase from managed.com resellers because I'd be afraid the same thing was going to happen again.

I will never purchase from managed.com directly because I am just completely disgusted with their company.
    Getting to what point? This bill could only cover 1 month.

Also managed.com could have had assurances in the past that this bill would be paid and take that as an act good faith and let them continue.

How do you know that this bill wasn't bigger and managed.com allowed Angel Networkz to pay part of this bill off by an agreed date and perhaps Angel Networkz missed this deadline?

Good upstanding drum beating morals and business do not mix. Sure you can have morals but not to the extent where it costs you money.

managed.com want their money that they are legally entitled to and will do everything within the letter of the law to recover that money, even though it may appear to be immoral to you what they are doing. managed.com in my eyes and quite a few others' eyes are not to blame for this fiasco.

Your are entitled to not buy from managed.com or their resellers, but as in the other thread in my reply to you, I will not stand by and let you destroy innocent third parties who have no relation to this incident, which you alluded to doing by telling others to stay away from managed.com and their other resellers.
      0 Not allowed!

MagiCat ,

you ever have a client not pay you and you had to suspend service? would you ever unsuspend said client for a week so they can get there backups? it all comes down to ANz, its not managed.com's fault they didnt pay, they just did what every host would do and suspend the account of a none paying customer. you might think its the right thing for managed to put your server up for a backup, but in reality , the right thing todo would to have ANz pay managed.
      0 Not allowed!

This is why you shouldn't be in this business, as it is completely clear you have not the first knowledge of running one.

AN didn't pay their bill. Managed shut them off. What don't you understand?

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Agent40
    LMAO...I simply asked if we could have an apology from AN and it got deleted...I don't call that lying, flaming, bs or anything else childish.
    have you guys by chance considered going to their forums and going thru and PMing the members on the member list to send them a link here maybe?
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!
      0 Not allowed!

I'll bet that if managed did shut them down sooner, your complaint would have been that they should have given AN "a chance".

I have no idea whether managed.com is under a legal obligation, but there is a such thing as a moral obligation to do what's right,
    While talking about moral obligations is nice, there are certain legal obligations and restrictions that have to be dealt with in the grown-up world in which managed, unlike AN, appears to conduct their business.

I'm no fan of managed, but I don't fault them for one single thing they've done in regards to this situation. Neither should anyone else.

-B
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sirius
    This is why you shouldn't be in this business, as it is completely clear you have not the first knowledge of running one.

AN didn't pay their bill. Managed shut them off. What don't you understand?

Sirius
    I think we have a situation here were people's minds are so clouded with anger that they cannot get to their data, that they are failing to see the bigger picture.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by TMX
    I'll bet that if managed did shut them down sooner, your complaint would have been that they should have given AN "a chance".

While talking about moral obligations is nice, there are certain legal obligations and restrictions that have to be dealt with in the grown-up world in which managed, unlike AN, appears to conduct their business.

I'm no fan of managed, but I can't fault them for one single thing they've done in regards to this situation.

-B
    As I've said, tailorservers has approached this correctly. Their servers are now on while this thing is being straighten out.

What makes you think that I would be complaining that AN shoudl be given a chance? I don't get a chance when I don't pay my bills. At a much sooner point I would have shut down the servers. Now, once I find out that there are other people who have data on my servers, I would work out a way to get them their data. I wouldn't hold it hostage and ask them to pay my client even more money.

If you can't fault them for letting the bill get out of hand like that, then your business skills are the ones that I think are lacking.
      0 Not allowed!

As I've said, tailorservers has approached this correctly. Their servers are now on while this thing is being straighten out.

What makes you think that I would be complaining that AN shoudl be given a chance? I don't get a chance when I don't pay my bills. At a much sooner point I would have shut down the servers. Now, once I find out that there are other people who have data on my servers, I would work out a way to get them their data. I wouldn't hold it hostage and ask them to pay my client even more money.

If you can't fault them for letting the bill get out of hand like that, then your business skills are the ones that I think are lacking.
    Just because one company has a different approach to this situation doesn't automatically mean it is the correct, they could have totally different arrangements.

As stated already, I do not think you have a grasp on business and how it works at all.
      0 Not allowed!

this is really disturbing, and very incorrect!

-----
    Those refusing to cancel PayPal disputes will have them cancelled out by paypal themselves since you are filing under false pretenses (the dispute process is for shipped goods, not the use of a server which comes under the heading of a service, not shipped good). PayPal disputes only delay our ability to refund people and those refusing to cancel them on their own will only delay their own refunds as we will not be able to access the funds needed to process your refund. Those who co-operate
    will be refunded from a seperate account.

-----------------

from the paypal site:
    What if I cannot resolve the dispute with the seller?

Good communication between the buyer and seller is vital when making transactions. We encourage buyers to contact the seller directly in attempt to resolve a dispute. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the buyer can file a buyer claim within 30 days of the initial payment.

Many auction sites also solicit feedback from buyers and sellers to ensure the experience is a good one for both parties. It is necessary for buyers/sellers to maintain a good reputation in the auction community. After too many negative comments, an auction site may move to suspend any user with fraudulent claims reported and confirmed against them.

Complaints can also be submitted to local law enforcement and the IFCC (Internet Fraud Complaint Center). The ISP (Internet Service Provider) can also be notified of the charges and claims filed.

If you have sent a payment, but have not received your item, or believe the seller to be fraudulent, complete the Buyer Complaint Process.

Your tips help make online transactions more secure for everyone, and we thank you for informing us about any unusual activities
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!
      0 Not allowed!

I would contact managed directly and find out whats up. Apparently when this happened to Burstnet and ANz customers that switched had to pay the FULL balance to get their servers back. I dont know about you but I wouldnt pay 3 months because they didnt pay 3 months.
    Plain Fast Small Business Web Hosting & Server Management
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by poolking
    As stated already, I do not think you have a grasp on business and how it works at all.
    I know, avoiding pissing off potential clients is always a horrible business practice.

Like I've said, I'm not saying that managed.com is legally in the wrong. But a company that handles it the way they handled this situation is not a company that I would ever do business with. I do business with companies when I like how their operated.

I'm wondering if any other LARGER providers have had this experience and would say how they would have handled it. Would they have left the resellers customers hanging like managed.com did or would the have worked out something like tailoredservers.com did to get the resellers customers their data.

Optimum way of handling this (for the future) would be to have something in the terms of service to allow the server owner to deal directly with the end customer in the case of non-payment. Then the server owner can go to the end customer, make arrangements to get them their data, and maybe acquire a new customer. If I was running a business, I'd give them a free 7 days thing to either move their stuff or subscribe (kindof like a 7 day trial). I'm guessing that 90% of people would stick around and I would end up making money in the long run.

managed.com may not have had this option based on their TOS, but they could have dealt with this better.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by hoststylez
    MagiCat ,

you ever have a client not pay you and you had to suspend service? would you ever unsuspend said client for a week so they can get there backups? it all comes down to ANz, its not managed.com's fault they didnt pay, they just did what every host would do and suspend the account of a none paying customer. you might think its the right thing for managed to put your server up for a backup, but in reality , the right thing todo would to have ANz pay managed.
    I feel like I'm spamming the board but I'm just answering each indvidual post

I distinguish between this and a case where you have an end user who doesn't pay. If one of my clients didn't pay and I shut off their service for non-payment, I'd feel no obligation to get them back up and running to get their stuff back.

If a reseller of mine got cancelled for non-payment, I would work out a way for the end customer to get their data back in some way.

What I wouldn't do is set up a PayPal account up for my reseller to be used so that my reseller could extort money from their customers.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not going to argue with you anymore MagiCat, because it is like hitting my head against a brickwall. These will be my last comments on this matter for the time being until the furore calms down and those involved start thinking with a clear head.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by poolking
    I'm not going to argue with you anymore MagiCat, because it is like hitting my head against a brickwall. These will be my last comments on this matter for the time being until the furore calms down and those involved start thinking with a clear head.
    I have an opinion, you have an opinion. Every time I replied to you, you replied back, so quit your whining that you now feel like you're wasting your time, noone's forcing you into the discussion.

0 Not allowed!

The critical point that you're missing here is that the TMS machines had not reached the point of being shut down yet. That changes everything.

What makes you think that I would be complaining that AN shoudl be given a chance?
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't believe it's much of a stretch considering what I feel is the illogic of your current argument.

Now, once I find out that there are other people who have data on my servers, I would work out a way to get them their data.
    Managed has done that, haven't they? Perhaps not in the fashion you would have liked, but again, there are legalities here that you appear to be overlooking.

I wouldn't hold it hostage and ask them to pay my client even more money.
    Nothing's being held hostage, and nobody is being asked to pay the client, AN, more money. The money is to be paid directly to managed to bring the servers back up.

Managed is under absolutely no obligation to bring these machines back up. None. Considering that they're already in the hole three months on them, asking for one month's fee in advance before bringing them back so that people may retrieve their data is perfectly reasonable. Like any compromise, it's not perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than some of the possible alternatives.

On one hand, you're blaming managed for trying to work with AN, yet on the other, you're blaming them for what you perceive as not working with AN's clients, while at the same time speaking of managed's "moral obligation to do what's right". You really need to develop a consistent set of standards and apply them evenly if you expect your arguments to hold water.

-Bob
      0 Not allowed!

AN Clients,

Here is what you have to do.

Go to http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/direc...ail.php?id=212

State them that you are getting ripped off. Tell them how you have paid already and how they are asking for more money to get the data back. Send them the link to updates posted by Rachel.

The most important part is to mention the address we all have and KEVIN's CELL NUMBER.

Ask them if there is any other procedure. Let us see what happens.
      0 Not allowed!

Rishi,

did u get any reply from The police or anything?

Also theres this thread i started over at AN called "BOGOF scenarios" under the support forum not sure if u seen it..

its gonna be interestign to see how the refunds policy will work..i have 3 servers 2 was prepaid on the BOGOF till Jan 11th and 1 paid till December 11th..i plan to cancel all of them not sure how they gonna work out the refunds!
      0 Not allowed!

Things happen too fast for AN, grew big in just a clip of eye and there it goes...
      0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast