Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    SiteStudio sure is a nasty program. I'd suggest finding an alternative to that, if any decent one's exist, where you needn't worry about that aspect either. But that's just my opinion on the matter, I understand it might be fine to you and your clients and just changing an existing software like that isn't always a sound solution once it's established.

A custom solution is being developed, but that's not for another year out - at least!

Guess I'll have to be getting in touch with someone there to see what the plan is.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Greetings:

For years H-Sphere has been the hidden gem of complete hosting automation where you could purchase a complete system which included, not was not limited to, an on-line hosting store, fraud controls, automated provisioning (if you so desired it), automated recurring billing, pro-rated billing, point-and-click client controlled downgrades and upgrades, point-and-click admin moving accounts from server to server as needed, a support ticket system, web-based email, and more.

When Comodo purchased H-Sphere, the general hope of the community was further development, and that H-Sphere would no longer be among the lesser know, complete hosting automation solutions.

The latter didn’t happen, but H-Sphere did see further development where H-Sphere’s functionality was expanded to include Microsoft Sharepoint hosting, Microsoft Exchange Hosting, and more.

Hopefully with SWSoft’s acquisition, we will see a combination of further development including the ability to utilize their VPS technology, have H-Sphere work wonders within their VPS services, and be an upgrade path to HSPComplete, their current premier offering.

And also hopefully, H-Sphere will come out to shine more in public as the gem it has been from the very start.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Well, SWSoft is obviously doing some serious shopping these days. Found this on their web site: http://www.swsoft.com/en/sphera/

http://www.swsoft.com/en/psoft/ - though it's not an official roadmap, this did make me feel a little bit better. It states that all psoft software will remain "intact and supported".

Hmm better to stick with Cpanel

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    Hmm better to stick with Cpanel
    Yep, if you like greatly inferior software, go for it...
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

Wow, didn't realize control panel wars were so nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by KarlZimmer View Post
    Yep, if you like greatly inferior software, go for it...
    Agreed. The potential downside to this is H-Sphere's quality degrading; as for the other panels SWSoft has, I couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stealthy One View Post
    http://www.swsoft.com/en/psoft/ - though it's not an official roadmap, this did make me feel a little bit better. It states that all psoft software will remain "intact and supported".
    Yes, but at what price. From their FAQ,
    * H-Sphere prices will become consistent with HSPcomplete
    * SiteStudio prices will become consistent with Sitebuilder
    * CP+ prices will become consistent with HSPcomplete
    * Support prices will become consistent with SWsoft support pricing

However, I can't find any price quote about HSPcomplete in the web. This makes me worried.

Quote Originally Posted by pang View Post

However, I can't find any price quote about HSPcomplete in the web. This makes me worried.
    I saw that as well. I think swsoft is in for a HUGE surprise when they really look at hsphere and realize 1) they have nothing that can compare to it and 2) most would look as HSPcomplete as a downgrade from hsphere (even though HSPcomplete is significantly more expensive).

I fully expect swsoft to utilize hsphere and ensim as they do their other control panels (plesk, confixx, HSPcomplete, etc) - and that is a vehicle, via integration with their Open Fusion platform, to drive more sales of virtuozzo, sitebuilder, PEM, etc....

It is somewhat brilliant, as they are basically saying that control panels are somewhat irrelavent and that they are simply a vehicle to sell more products to consumers and providers - regardless of which hosting platform they are on.

For example - look at this part of the announcement that was sent to all customers:

• SWsoft will resell Comodo certificates through a new strategic partnership with Comodo
    If I was a betting man, I would bet the farm that Comodo essentially traded psoft in return for that SSL contract with SWSoft and all of their various platforms. Control Panels have just become a delivery mechanism for various other (very profitable) products. The more control panels SWSoft owns, develops, manages and controls, the larger that vehicle will be and the more margins they will have when dealing with their own products or 3rd party products (ie domains, SSL's, and any other value added product/service you can imagine - ie ecommerce software or SEO services or Spam utilities, etc, etc, etc - the possibilities are endless). Anyone thinking they are going to kill off platforms may be right - but, I highly doubt it - the control panels arent competing products for SWSoft - they are just simply more vehicles of distribution for the products they really care about - and the more control panels (ie vehicles of distribution), the better.
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

With Plesk there have been several problems when upgrading from one version to the next. Now I am not saying that other Control Panels do have issues but from reading the Plesk forum there are very serious issues. I like GUI of Plesk as it is easy to find things for the most part. But it isn't always about the GUI. I don't care if a control panel has the best GUI in the world and everyone loves it but if upgrades break things and cause serious issues then the GUI is worthless. On the other had there are some Control Panels that their GUI is not all that great. It works but the upgrades are a lot smoother.

You have to look from both the End User and the Hosting Providers prospective. I just hope that SWsoft doesn't put forced info into the Ensim CP like they did in their Plesk Version 8.1.

It is way to early to know what is going to happen until we all see it happen when ever it maybe. We will just have to wait and see what comes of all this down the road. I hope that it is for the better but time will tell.
    Charles

Andrew, as usual, I think you're right on the money with your assessment. I agree 100%.

Im excited for swsoft, ensim and psoft.

Ensim have neglected the pro product for the last 12 months or so, and from what I have heard speaking to swsoft there is new enthusiasm for this software.... im looking forward to it.

Imagine the security of Ensim coupled with the clustering of hsphere and the best features of all the products put together? Could be awsome
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by scooterh View Post
    Maybe combine the 2 and make Plensim
    or how about DirectPlensimPanelSphere?

Quote Originally Posted by RossMAN View Post
    or how about DirectPlensimPanelSphere?
    Nah, just HSplesk

oh well... SWSoft is excited right now to have Hsphere. Hopefully their enthusiasm sticks enough for continued improvments.

BTW- Has psoft's site been down most of the day for everyone else? I've tried several remotes around Houston, cant get to it from anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    Nah, just HSplesk

oh well... SWSoft is excited right now to have Hsphere. Hopefully their enthusiasm sticks enough for continued improvments.

BTW- Has psoft's site been down most of the day for everyone else? I've tried several remotes around Houston, cant get to it from anywhere.
    It's down indeed.

down for sure, first was giving mysql errors or taking 3+ min to load a page then down and out.

Sounds like possibly a drive was dying but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    It's down indeed.

Looks to be up for me (but, I just checked )

So - probably wasnt anything major....
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Quote Originally Posted by pang View Post

that was my second thought (first was "oh, &%$# !!") when i first heard about this... just how much more will hsphere cost now.. one of hsphere's biggest selling points has been its pricing structure, which has a very low entry point at just 25 x $4.50 (that's $112.50 for the mathematics-challenged). no monthly charges, no per-server charges.. just a flat $4.50 one-time fee for each (reusable) account license. there is (was!) no other control panel & billing solution with the feature set.. that works.. anywhere near that price point. hsphere's upgrade and support fees were also very reasonable compared to their competitors.

one thing you soon learn as you shop for various products and services online is this: if prices aren't posted, they're too high and would scare customers away if they were published. i can only imagine how much hspcomplete costs, but considering the pricing structure of other swsoft products -- hsphere will become more expensive... much more expensive.. as an swsoft product.

add to the above, the simple fact that upon acquisition of a product or company, the purchasing company often raises prices to help pay for their acquisitions...

the potential for the integration of hsphere's multi-platform/multi-service support with swsoft's vps and other lines is there... but at what cost? what is the alternative? (is there even a viable one?)

the time has come for a viable open source alternative that compares to the feature set of hsphere; something that cannot be bought out simply for the sake of gaining market share and eliminating competitors.

one of hsphere's biggest selling points has been its pricing structure, which has a very low entry point at just 25 x $4.50 (that's $112.50 for the mathematics-challenged).
    Funny, because I have spent years on this forum trying to convince everyone how cheap hsphere is compared to other solutions - no one ever believed me

Do not be worried about pricing - hsphere pricing will not significantly change - swsoft has already backed off of their initial statements that pricing will fall in line with hspcomplete.... the pricing of hsphere will remain pretty much the same - at least for the next few years....

Now, they will certainly integrate hsphere with virtuozzo, etc - that licensing is not unreasonable - but, end of the day, if you dont want to use their products - dont....

I can 100% guarantee that you will not see an open source product like hsphere evolve - hpshere is a massive application and surpasses anything currently available in its price range... alternatives may pop up - but, even that is unlikely is this area of patents on control panels, etc - Consider yourself lucky that swsoft has purchased these CP's and are willing to fight this battle while we go about our business.
    www.cartika.com

Quote Originally Posted by CartikaHosting View Post

Do not be worried about pricing - hsphere pricing will not significantly change - swsoft has already backed off of their initial statements that pricing will fall in line with hspcomplete.... the pricing of hsphere will remain pretty much the same - at least for the next few years....
    That is great news! I must say the pricing structure of all swsoft products are not very attractive to me. I've been following the psoft forums and didn't hear about this 'back off'. Could you point me in the right direction where swsoft made this statement?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tersum View Post
    That is great news! I must say the pricing structure of all swsoft products are not very attractive to me. I've been following the psoft forums and didn't hear about this 'back off'. Could you point me in the right direction where swsoft made this statement?

Thanks
    Nothing official - this is a result of conversations I have had with them - also, I purchased additional licenses just today from them at the $4.50/license - this is more then we are used to paying, as we always have previously received a bulk discount on license purchases - they are no longer doing this, but, they have not raised the pricing from the "list" web site pricing that is still published....
    www.cartika.com

Greetings Andrew:

I just checked, and license distributors still have the established pricing structure prior to the sale.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicnet View Post
    Greetings Andrew:

I just checked, and license distributors still have the established pricing structure prior to the sale.

Thank you.
    Hi Peter, yup - looks that way, but, from what I understand, discounting will eventually change (thinking about stock piling some licenses )
    www.cartika.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234