Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That all you going see nothing more
    WHMCS Services / City Tecks
    WHMCS Development | Blesta / WISECP Developer

Hi all!

I went ahead and thought I would give GrowStats a chance and see what they could do for me with their basic plan of $6.95 for 1000 visits.

I picked their targeted TV AD segment for my website http://www.vpntelevision.com and expect to get quite a few conversion due to the relevance of the promised targeting.

I setup my account a day ago and have been checking the progress...

I am starting to see some referrals to my site via my webstats (Google Analytics & Clicky Analytics) from what I suppose is GrowStats ad network www.adv-adserver.com.

My average time per visit has shot up dramatically suggesting that since GrowStats provides Popunder ads, that visitors are not closing the windows immediately then browsing my site later.

Yet, there is one point that I do not quite understand with their service - is that they state that: It is impossible to accurately record every visit to a website from the receiving end.

--

I do not understand why their traffic would be any different than other referrer traffic? Is there any such technical reason for this. The way I see it if my page fully loads and the visitor has javascript enabled the visit should be tracked in GA or Clicky...Right? Or am I missing something here?

This is the reasoning/solution stated on the GrowStats website:

Why does my hit counter not match your stats?
    Solution
    It is impossible to accurately record every visit to a website from the receiving end. You may notice that there is a small difference between our real-time stats in your control panel and third party trackers such as Google Analytics. This is completely normal. Some reasons for this can be if:

-The user cancels out the browser window before your site has loaded
    -The user is on a slow connection and the load request timed out
    -The page had loaded but the visitor clicked on a link or left before your tracking code was loaded
    -The user is behind an ISP with a proxy (such as AOL and MSN users)
    -The user's browser served the page from its cache instead of requesting from your server
    -The ISP served the page from its cache instead of requesting from your server (common in corporate networks)
    -Your tracking software was unavailable or slow at the time of the visit
    -Your tracking software could not handle the large amount of traffic at once

Raw server access logs are the most accurate source of stats. Most web hosts run a program such as Webalizer, Awstats or Urchin which create reports based on these access logs. They are generally run once a day, so the reports are up to 24 hours behind. The counts you see in your GrowStats account will be real-time and include the current day where the reports from your host would not include visits from the current day.

The GrowStat Campaign Stats indicated that I had 96 visits received. I did check AWStat and I did confirm that there were nearly the same number of hits recorded, 98 visits.

This was the GrowStats referrer show in AWStat:
    58 hits: http://www.adv-adserver.com/tserve/adserver.html
    40 hits: http://www.adv-adserver.com/tserve/itrafficserver.html

I did create a unique link to attempt to better track my stats from GrowStats traffic. Google Analytics URL Builder http://www.google.com/support/google...y?answer=55578

I submitted the new GA tracking link to GrowStats through the Campaign Control panel, yet it said that the new link had to be approved first : /

Some constructive feedback to Matt:

Please look into better integrating your service to work with Google Analytics and Clicky. (I found out about your service via Clicky).

If it is hard for your customers to validate and track the actual visits to their websites, then suspicion towards the legitimacy of your service is to be expected.

Thanks!

Uncle Abe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12